don't click here

*insert show-offing here*

Print

Author Topic: *insert show-offing here*  (Read 6328 times)

Offline Giga

• SMW Hacker.
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
  • One of the echidnas, and proud of it!
    • View Profile
*insert show-offing here*
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:29:12 pm »
Mmyees. I am Giga, someone advertised this site on SMW Central (www.smwcentral.net), a Super Mario World hacking site, and this apparently has speedruns of a lot of Mario games, including Super Mario World.

Though, I have a question. Can we have people speedrun our hacks, and such? Or, can we slightly hack the original, just to make it so we can go small when needed as said in the speedrun rules? Some of us are lazy.
Needs moar header.

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
Re: *insert show-offing here*
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 11:39:10 pm »
Hello and welcome! The Mario site is on that mario head on your top left corner.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 08:29:16 am »
Thank you for joining! I am the person who advertised at SMWCentral, and I'm entirely grateful you joined! Addressing your questions:

At the current moment we are only hosting "official" mario games. If you look in the top left of the site window, there are video game characters showing off all the subsites. Click the "sonic" icon and you will be able to notice how well developed and populated that site is. It took years for that site, at its development level, to begin to entertain the thought of running "unofficial" sonic games (read:hacks). Eventually the idea was used and the "tails" icon is the result (if you click around you can get back to this forum by pressing mario >_>). The site has shown very little in ways of development, even starting with a huge sonic fanbase already alive. It will be a long time before we entertain the thought of mario hacks on the site.

As to your second part... what do you mean, hack the game to be small mario? It is easy to start levels as small mario. you -are- allowed to get powerups midlevel, you just can't start with them. The main reason for this is we don't want all the times to be runs where someone just flew over the top of the level with a cape. All you need to do is start as small mario, which is fairly easy to do.We would appreciate it if you used the official game for the runs, even considering laziness.

Hope that helps; Welcome to TMC and hope to see you on the charts!

Offline Giga

• SMW Hacker.
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
  • One of the echidnas, and proud of it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »
What I meant was hacking the game to let the player turn to Small Mario in a level without getting hit. It's so simple, I could do it in 10 minutes, maybe. Just enough time for me to beat SMB1 with warps, as well.
Needs moar header.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:57 pm »
It would still be nicer to use the official game to make sure there were no repercussions.

Print

Hits: 112 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1008.90 KB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.