don't click here

Topic 2 - What level in any Sonic game have you played more than any other?

Print

Author Topic: Topic 2 - What level in any Sonic game have you played more than any other?  (Read 25826 times)

Offline hfactor66

We all have that one level we love to play more than any other, and sometimes when we look back, we realize how much time we've spent playing it.

For me it'd be a close tie between Sunset Hill act 2 on Sonic Advance 3 or Altitude Limit boss on Sonic Rush.
on SH2 I've been playing that level for years, you can find my progress on that level on my YouTube channel. My first goal once I was getting close to 4o seconds was to get sub-40, then I just kept on improving. I've gotten my best down to 30.88, and back when I first started that level I thought sub-53 or whatever I first posted as my best time to my YT was good. (XD) I've never spent more time improving a single level...

...except maybe the AL boss on Rush. I've played that level for months & months at least once a day, whether it was figuring out the secrets or trying to get a new WR, I've been playing away on that boss. I played this level for at 2 hours on Thanksgiving at my uncle's house. (XD) My DSi's battery almost died that day, and all I did on it was play the AL boss.

What's yours?

http://www.youtube.com/user/hfactor66?feature=mhee - my YT channel

Come back every day for new Wikkity forum topics! I'm planning to post new Wikkity forum topics every day till the new year! P.S. I don't see much activity on here anymore so I figured this is a good way to get some activity going! :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 05:40:28 pm by AmyRoseFan »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline TimpZ

Re: What level in any Sonic game have you played more than any other?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 11:57:21 am »
At the moment I'm confident it's Emerald hill by a longshot. However before I started speedrunning I had about 300 playthroughs logged on City Escape which I believe was the most I had played any Sonic stage up to that point. The only possible contender would be Angel Island but I'm fairly sure my playthroughs of that in 2008 numbered below 150isch.

EDIT: The reason I played through it that much was because I tried to speedrun the level in like 2003-2004 before I had internet. I achieved a 02:26.85 all by myself without any kind of help, is that good, bad? I have no idea :p.

EDIT 2: Submitting the time now lol. This is history for me!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:05:24 pm by TimpZ »

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:30 pm »
...oh man, probably the unknown boss in sonic rush with blaze or leaf storm boss with sonic or ghost kracken boss with blaze on sonic rush adventure. one of those.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline SB737

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:07:12 pm »
Well it's a generations classic stage, I know that much, I've clocked in over 1000 hours on that game over the years. I'd have to say that it's probably Chemical Plant 1, when I was trying to beat talon's 42 second run with no skills, since the glitch for it was discovered I spent hours optimizing the stage, and doing it with skills too.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline theultimategamer95

• Your typical speed runner
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • I am the ultimate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 01:08:53 pm »
From the top of my head I'm just gonna say SADX's Perfect Chaos; I spent around an entire week attempting to take the WR and eventually did it.
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/theultimategamer95

My PSN = greatgamer83

My Skype = theultimategamer95

Offline TheRealShadnic

• TheRealShadnic
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Hi! I am HC Sonic-fan, finally competing here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:32 pm »
Mine are probably Metal Sonic Boss in SG3DS and Emerald Hill 1 in Sonic 2 :D Metal Sonic, since I grinded it to get as perfect run as possible and EH1, since I started Sonic 2 many many times, or just messed around with debug :)
FIRST ONE TO GET PLATINUM IN SONIC GENERATIONS!!!!

Offline chainchump

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »
Man, I've been playing SA2 for about six years now (3 of those years competitively) and the one level I always find myself playing is City Escape. It's not my favourite level, but in general, it's just amazing, casually or competitively. The music, the design, the glitches (XD); just a perfect level to play. I'd say I've clocked up at least 500+ hours on that level alone, by far way more than any other stage in any other game.

Offline InferSaime

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 01:49:36 pm »
There are lots of levels that I've played a lot. Such as: Metal Harbor, Radical Train, Rooftop Run, Frog Forest, etc.
But the one I probably played the most is Final Egg as Sonic, Amy and Gamma. I enjoy this level a lot so I like trying to get a better time on this stage whenever I play sadx. (I also use this stage to grind lives as Sonic and Amy.)

Offline CriticalCyd

• ~('w')~ ~('w')~ ~('w')~
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • =^● ⋏ ●^=
    • View Profile
    • My twitch stream
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 03:05:56 pm »
Seaside Hill Chaotix, because resets
Speedrunning shenanigans =^● ⋏ ●^=

http://twitch.tv/CriticalCyd
http://youtube.com/CriticalCyd
http://twitter.com/CriticalCyd

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 04:56:59 pm »
Easily Twinkle Circuit. I took a very long time, with each character to achieve something I consider to be my max.

[Sep'16 edit: Whilst updating old posts, noticed this one needed fixing up]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:01:26 pm by DarkPolarNight »

Offline RigidatoMS

• A big fan of SA2B
  • TSC: Omega Rafael Santos
  • win10 chrome
  • I used to be so childish years ago... I'm sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 05:43:16 pm »
In my case, a technical tie. Seaside Hill and Bullet Station(even if I didn't play this last one that much), since I had these opportunities to get a WR.
My Youtube channels: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl85g5j2ERbADAhTeiYVEOg
Discord: RigidatoMS#6257

Offline Fosho

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 05:48:05 pm »
Bingo highway.

Offline Diamond

• Diamond in the sky
  • TSC Profile
  • iphone safari
  • "I never want to hear you say goodbye"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 06:19:47 pm »
Would have to be Last Utopia in SPA, Ghost Condor in SRA, or possibly even Orcan in SCDS.
I have spent a lot of accumulated time over long periods of time dealing with all three of these bosses.
Retired from Colors DS.
nah jk I can't quit

Offline Starlight_Glimmer

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 07:35:32 pm »
...except maybe the AL boss on Rush. I've played that level for months & months at least once a day, whether it was figuring out the secrets or trying to get a new WR, I've been playing away on that boss. I played this level for at 2 hours on Thanksgiving at my uncle's house. (XD) My DSi's battery almost died that day, and all I did on it was play the AL boss.

If you like Al boss so much, it would be a wonderful christmas gift to see mike bumped off the boss charts completely by taking sonic, with that said I wanted to make sure you knew how to do this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPi3r-M6mc&list=UUgIOeOufBdFiBUdilYrEzOw

Its and easy trick and saves a good amount of time. we want to make sure you are provided with all the tools necessary to succeed.
We Shine Like Rainbows~ 

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 09:03:43 pm »
If you like Al boss so much, it would be a wonderful christmas gift to see mike bumped off the boss charts completely by taking sonic, with that said I wanted to make sure you knew how to do this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciPi3r-M6mc&list=UUgIOeOufBdFiBUdilYrEzOw

Its and easy trick and saves a good amount of time. we want to make sure you are provided with all the tools necessary to succeed.
Funny you should mention this, cuz on my way to a restaurant tonight, I DID beat mike's time! by 0.09 seconds. I guess Christmas came early this year!

Eggface messed up the attack pattern I got with Blaze (when I got 1:31.64, even then I still messed it up, apparently spindashing across the stage when he's gonna do a nosedive attack causes him to go to the other side of the stage) after 6 back-to-back hits & a fan attack, but I still got 2 back-to-back hits to finish him off. I'm not done with this boss, if Eggface didn't use his guns a second time (after the fan attack) I would've got under 1:30.00, AND I WILL MAKE THAT HAPPEN! I kinda wanna get Blaze under 1:30.00 first... after all her former best time was faster than Sonic's former fastest time... and still is...
I could make a whole topic explaining the under 1:30.00 attack pattern...

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1j4x90.jpg <== There's my AL boss charts (if it takes you to tinypic & it looks sideways instead of the raw image just go to the raw image, ^-^)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:37:46 pm by AmyRoseFan »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 11:59:48 pm »
Final Chase from Sonic Adventure 2. I don't know why I like playing the level so much, it's glitchy and frustrating. It probably has to do with the fact that (a) the music is awesome and (b) when all the glitchy stuff doesn't glitch and works the way it's supposed to, it makes the perseverance feel worth it. That's in term of time logged on the stage, but for number of playthroughs I'd say Meteor Herd. That's the stage I just play to relax and have fun.
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Vicklaw

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 10:40:50 am »
The 1st act of Carnival Night for Sonic 3 to get the ring records. I spent several days to find the routes and get these very hard 24 rings stuck between 4 walls near the spinning wheel. I suffered a lot.

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 10:51:29 am »
Jungle joyride act1. The struggle never ends

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:15 am »
Apotos Act 2 Day for Unleashed. seriously, have been trying the BJG part for almost 2 years
When I got a new level, I immediately speed run through it. That's why I always fail. ^_^

My YouTube Account:
http://youtube.com/user/FSSRandomVids2

Championships Held:
Sonic Drift and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Zero-point Championships held:
Sonic Drift and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Offline PvtCinnamonbun

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 04:02:09 pm »
Rooftop Run Modern in Generations. I'm convinced I'm autistic for all the hours I've spent dicking around and going fast in that level.

Offline Vixuzen

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 04:52:26 pm »
City Escape, Pyramid Cave and Final Rush from SA2. I don't know why, but I simply love them, even though the first time I played them was on PS3 a year ago.

Offline Softspeak

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 06:44:06 pm »
Rooftop Run Modern in Generations. I'm convinced I'm autistic for all the hours I've spent dicking around and going fast in that level.

I was diagnosed as mildly autistic some years ago, and still am to some degree. No offense taken though. I'm not exactly sure how to properly use the word either. In one sense, I guess everyone can be a little bit autistic at times -- getting super obsessed with something and liking it.

I previously didn't post to this topic because it didn't apply to me. My long-term obsessions have always been broader than individual levels.

Offline PvtCinnamonbun

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 06:50:12 pm »
I was diagnosed as mildly autistic some years ago, and still am to some degree. No offense taken though. I'm not exactly sure how to properly use the word either. In one sense, I guess everyone can be a little bit autistic at times -- getting super obsessed with something and liking it.

I have mild Aspergers/ASD/whatever they call it now; I just like the word because it's a generic ironic insult that can mean anything from being good at something to being awkward

Offline Goldwolf11

Re: Topic 2 - What level in any Sonic game have you played more than any other?
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 01:22:45 am »
Some of my most played levels (all of which are from SA2B) are:

-White Jungle
-Radical Highway
-Meteor Herd
-Final Rush
-City Escape
-Cannon's Core
-Green Forest
-Eternal Engine

That's pretty much a list of what I play whenever I get on SA2B.
I really only play SA2, honestly. (On PS3!)

SA2 stuff:

Hero Story PB: 53:38 (48:44 In-game)

-Currently Learning/Practicing-
Final Rush m1 (no skip)
Eternal Engine m1 (no skip)
Crazy Gadget m1 (no skip)
Mission Street m1

Offline Mastakirby

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2014, 11:42:46 am »
City Escape hands down for rings for chao fruit and whatnot.
Life is like a big bowl of animuu

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 12:36:45 am »
The one level I have played more than any other level in a Sonic game is most likely City Escape. SA2B was the first Sonic game I ever owned, and I've spent countless amounts of time playing that level for fun. Some of the playtime was dedicated to competition too. I played City Escape the most probably back in 2003-2005, and just had a great time exploring the level and wandering about. There are many levels I've played for a long time throughout many of the Sonic games, but I'd have to say City Escape takes the top place.

Print

Hits: 237 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.36 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.