don't click here

The Doomsday Zone: times vs. freestyle

Print

Author Topic: The Doomsday Zone: times vs. freestyle  (Read 6271 times)

The Doomsday Zone: times vs. freestyle
« on: October 24, 2014, 06:50:47 am »
Hello,

now that I've actually posted something mostly useless, might as well post something a bit more useful that's been bugging me a bit since the moment I saw it.

We're looking at S&K times, or more specifically, Sonic's division. Apparently, The Doomsday Zone is in it (but not in freestyle), although you are required to unlock/use Super Sonic to play it at all. The freestyle category, on the other hand, doesn't have this level (would be entirely the same thing again, so makes sense to *that* extent), but that's where it actually should be imho, and not in the non-Super Sonic times... Inferring from Sky Chase appearing in Sonic 2 rings and scores but not in any time-based categories, there probably are no technical limitations behind this placement. So, what is the actual reasoning behind Doomsday being where it is? Is it desirable/feasible to move it to the other?

Offline SB737

Re: The Doomsday Zone: times vs. freestyle
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:19 am »
The freestyle charts weight to nothing site point wise, so it's where it is as it's an official stage, where supersonic is the only way to play it, and as it's there it has some weight towards the games competition.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Print

Hits: 120 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 985.73 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.