don't click here

Submissions Temporarily Halted

Print

Author Topic: Submissions Temporarily Halted  (Read 59846 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Submissions Temporarily Halted
« on: September 16, 2014, 04:19:50 pm »
GerbilEditâ„¢ on 2014/10/22 12:21 AM EDT: Submissions are back up. See the last post in the thread for more information.

Okay, let's get that marathon article off of the front page. That's been over for too long.

At the moment, we are trying to fix some unexpected issues with the rankings, and until this is finished, the ability to submit statistics is disabled. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have a resolution shortly.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:22:00 am by GerbilSoft »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline hfactor66

Re: Submissions Temporarily Halted
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:45:59 pm »
About time something like this came out, submissions have been down for what 2 weeks now? XD little slow guys... little slow on getting this notice out...
The delayed notice aside, I have been trying regardless to score some new stats for Sonic Rush, I've managed to score 3 RA #1s as Blaze, screenshots on my iPod for all of them. Working on #1 for Huge Crisis Act 1 as Blaze currently, its a WIP, best currently is 529. ? ring boxes were 50-5-50-50-10.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:48:43 am by AmyRoseFan »
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 04:56:23 pm »
^ You should have received an on-screen notice the moment you tried to submit telling you that the submission system was down, so the news has been available the entire time. This post simply repeats the news in another location.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 05:08:20 pm »
but how LONG
i like trains

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 05:11:17 pm »
^ You should have received an on-screen notice the moment you tried to submit telling you that the submission system was down, so the news has been available the entire time. This post simply repeats the news in another location.
Yes I know that's how I knew how long it had been down, AKA about 2 weeks, I checked submissions every day ever since it went down.
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 05:18:41 pm »
yeah i really want to put my first record man
i like trains

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:31:31 pm »
I've put lots of stuff I want to submit in a txt file on my computer so I don't forget about it. But take all the time you need for fixing. Better that then it breaking again right away. And thanks for the update! I got a bit worried when I did not hear anything new for about 5 days

Offline SB737

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 06:03:28 pm »
And people say TSC is dead lmao ( oh wait I was one of those people >_>)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:06:36 pm by SB737 »
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 10:24:53 pm »
I need to manually fix up around 300 sitewide stat entries. It should be done by the weekend.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 11:01:10 am »
I've put lots of stuff I want to submit in a txt file on my computer so I don't forget about it. But take all the time you need for fixing. Better that then it breaking again right away. And thanks for the update! I got a bit worried when I did not hear anything new for about 5 days
I did the same thing in a way, except I wrote down my times that I've done in the past for SA3 on a post it note, and I made an entire page in my iPod's notes for RAing with Blaze on Sonic Rush. Since submissions went down I've gotten 3 Sonic Rush RA #1s with Blaze.
Rings are my specialty.

Offline SuperSonicfan9595

• Last Future of Embryo
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • At the high speed of the Third Cosmic Velocity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 01:20:40 am »
GUYS I CAN'T WAIT

Be patient, man. I´m sure you´re not the only one who wants to upload your stats. I´ve been waiting for over the week now and rushing them won´t help at all. In fact it might make people like you less, that´s what I learned from the people who rush translators over at Fuwanovel.
"Standing up even trembling in fear, that is Courage."

Azi Dahaka

My Youtube Channel, for everything I play: https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSonicfan9595

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 10:50:49 am »
GUYS I CAN'T WAIT

Be patient, man. I´m sure you´re not the only one who wants to upload your stats. I´ve been waiting for over the week now and rushing them won´t help at all. In fact it might make people like you less, that´s what I learned from the people who rush translators over at Fuwanovel.
True, I know from experience people rushing you to do really anything just adds pressure & you might not do as good a job as you could have done, and I know there's a lot of us out there that want to post our stats, me being one of them, but rushing them to finish fixing problems with the site won't solve anything. Just hang tight & wait until the developers/whatever you wanna call them are done fixing things.
Rings are my specialty.

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 11:29:43 am »
GUYS I CAN'T WAIT

True, I know from experience people rushing you to do really anything just adds pressure & you might not do as good a job as you could have done, and I know there's a lot of us out there that want to post our stats, me being one of them, but rushing them to finish fixing problems with the site won't solve anything. Just hang tight & wait until the developers/whatever you wanna call them are done fixing things.

And why these comments i am not rushing anyone and i didn't say something wrong 
and i don't have any stats !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 01:55:28 pm by SonicDash1999 »
i like trains

Offline Chimaru98

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 02:11:16 am »
Entering stats is always a fun experience, so I don't blame you for being HYPED for it. :D
Championships: S2-13 (77.7%)
Sitewide: 182nd (19.1 points)

You might know me as Jynxatu on Twitch. You probably don't though :|

Wave Ocean Tag Olympics: Sonic Throw

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 10:47:23 am »
Entering stats is always a fun experience, so I don't blame you for being HYPED for it. :D
yeah I know dat submission hype man, can't wait, I got 3 RA #1s to submit for Sonic Rush, 4 if I can beat HC2's #1 with Blaze before submissions go back up...
Rings are my specialty.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 01:20:52 pm »
In the meantime it looks like we got a new wave of Sonic Fans to train up.

Offline SuperSonicfan9595

• Last Future of Embryo
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • At the high speed of the Third Cosmic Velocity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 04:32:23 pm »

I can´t help but feel a little bit challenged by that statement.
Bring it on

"Standing up even trembling in fear, that is Courage."

Azi Dahaka

My Youtube Channel, for everything I play: https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperSonicfan9595

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 02:14:30 am »
Sonic 3 is that way <---

Offline SB737

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 04:07:36 am »
Speaking of Sonic 3... I've got a champ to get back :P

Also you wanna go that way for Generations -->

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 09:31:54 pm »
And training I have been. I've been meaning to download S1, 2, 3 & S&K on my PC emulator to try for some stats on there, but I keep forgetting to do that. I have a Gens32 SEGA genesis emulator & play Sonic ROM hacks on it sometimes.
Rings are my specialty.

Offline Chimaru98

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 05:40:10 pm »
I need to manually fix up around 300 sitewide stat entries. It should be done by the weekend.

Uh... do we have any idea of how close to fixed the submissions are? It might be useful to have a more accurate idea of when they'll be done, and it's been kind of a while.
Championships: S2-13 (77.7%)
Sitewide: 182nd (19.1 points)

You might know me as Jynxatu on Twitch. You probably don't though :|

Wave Ocean Tag Olympics: Sonic Throw

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 12:18:40 pm »
According to Gerbilsoft in TSC chat, the problem is bigger than he realized.

In layman's terms, TSC's original structure came with the capacity to hold exactly a certain amount of stats. At the beginning of September, and until the problem was realized a few days later, players continued submitting stats beyond that limit. TSC's database started going wonky after that, which lead to literally thousands of charts being broken.

The only solution at this point is to go in and correct every mistake that was caused by the overflow, one-by-one. Gerbil needs a lot of time to do that, and time's not a resource he really has right now.

You just have to be patient, because it's literally a huge underground network of ants found underneath a simple ant bed.

Offline Nimrod

• TSC: Nim
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2014, 01:08:54 pm »
oh that sounds really bad ~A~

best of luck with that, and take your time

Offline SB737

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2014, 01:54:11 pm »
I just wish there was some way to help. But I don't think there is..

Offline THC98

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2014, 03:16:13 pm »
Can't he backup for when the problem wasn't happening, fix it and submit all the lost stats? I don't know if this is possible and easier than how he's doing it, it's just a thought.

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 06:28:37 pm »
According to Gerbilsoft in TSC chat, the problem is bigger than he realized.

In layman's terms, TSC's original structure came with the capacity to hold exactly a certain amount of stats. At the beginning of September, and until the problem was realized a few days later, players continued submitting stats beyond that limit. TSC's database started going wonky after that, which lead to literally thousands of charts being broken.

The only solution at this point is to go in and correct every mistake that was caused by the overflow, one-by-one. Gerbil needs a lot of time to do that, and time's not a resource he really has right now.

You just have to be patient, because it's literally a huge underground network of ants found underneath a simple ant bed.
oh damn I didn't realize it was that bad...
Rings are my specialty.

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »
I believe I have all of the sitewide rankings fixed. I'll be backing up the DB again and reenabling submissions soon.

In the meantime, check http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sitewide - if you see any missing ranking numbers or out-of-order rankings, let me know.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 06:22:57 pm »
These

I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline hfactor66

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 09:42:47 am »
I believe I have all of the sitewide rankings fixed. I'll be backing up the DB again and reenabling submissions soon.

In the meantime, check http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sitewide - if you see any missing ranking numbers or out-of-order rankings, let me know.
Glad to hear it, I'll be looking forward to that. Like many others I have a lot of new stats I've been waiting to submit for so long now, and the wait is almost over.
:) needless to say, I'm excited.
Rings are my specialty.

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 09:19:27 pm »
These

The good news is these duplicated stats were not caused by this issue. There's a known bug where suspending all of a users' stats does not suspend their sitewide score.

I'm going to do a backup of the database, and then re-enable submissions. Hopefully nothing will break. :)

EDIT: Submissions are up. \o/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:44:36 pm by GerbilSoft »

Print

Hits: 479 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.30 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.