don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog 3D (3DS)

Print

Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog 3D (3DS)  (Read 8933 times)

Offline Mastakirby

Sonic the Hedgehog 3D (3DS)
« on: December 06, 2013, 12:39:10 am »
Just got this today since I had some spare cash and I'm currently playing through it. While I was on Lab 2  I decided to try the zip out and funny enough it worked. Makes me wonder if the other zips work in this as well. Another odd thing is if you have spindash enabled badnicks can still hurt you even if your holding your spindash in place. Over all this ain't bad.

EDIT: Heh, only zips that dont work so far are SY3 and SB1. Haven't tried GH2 yet though.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:55:49 am by Mastakirby »
Life is like a big bowl of animuu

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 3D (3DS)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 11:59:34 am »
Forgot this was coming out, thanks for the reminder. My MD isn't modded for NTSC (:<) so this is definitely worth the six bucks.
Twitch: 2KZu | YouTube: Tukepuikko (VGM channel: Frygoon)

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 04:09:50 am »
The funny thing is if I get a 3DS I can just put in Sonic Classic Collection and play Sonic 1 that way. Love more ways to play Sonic 1.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 08:24:25 am »
But... eww. Classic Collection is 256x192. That's no way to play MD/Gen :| And on 3DS it would look even worse than on a DS. i. or XL.

(Also, just like the Cave Story port, the 3D here is actually pretty fancy.)

Now if only the D-pad didn't suck...

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 05:04:41 pm »
Now if only the D-pad didn't suck...

This is on 3DS, not 360.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 05:12:43 pm »
After the GameCube and 360, the 3DS (XL anyways) D-pad would probably make the third worst D-pad ever in my book. Out of the ones I've tried anyway.

E: Actually that touch pad thing on the SNES would be worse than any of the above, but I'm not sure if that would count, being third party and all

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:07:25 pm »
Is it anything like the iOS version? I might get it if it is.

But why is it always Sonic 1 that gets a rerelease, I mean that game is on virtually every console imaginable. Where's the love for S2 or S3K. And since they're making so many remakes anyway, maybe throw in a few new level designs and stuff....

I will never understand why SEGA keeps on trashing perfectly good opportunities.

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 02:12:08 pm »
I heard the iOS version has like widescreen support and playable Tails and Knuckles and stuff. None of that here AFAIK.

(That one really needs to be released on Steam...)

E:Also, is it just me or is the sound emulation... off in the 3D version? I can't hear much of a difference in the Gen1/Gen2 options but as a whole the music sounds kind of weird.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:40:58 pm by TuKéZu »

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »
Eh. I would buy it had I not already bought the iOS remake. It's the fixed version of S1 GBA to me, that's it. Oh, with 3D.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 06:32:58 pm »
Now that I decided to shell out money, I like it more than Sonic 1 iOS, but only because it's on an actual console that I can carry around. I can now beat teentee on the train huehuehue

Print

Hits: 297 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.