don't click here

Rank your favorite Sonic games that you have played

Print

Author Topic: Rank your favorite Sonic games that you have played  (Read 49367 times)

Offline Vallkyr

Re: Rank your favorite Sonic games that you have played
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:31 am »
I'm only going to list the games I've actually finished... which as it turns out is only 7 of them.

1. Lost World (Wii U)
2. Adventure 2: Battle
3. Colours (Wii)
4. CD (PC Steam version)
5. Generations (PC)
6. Heroes
7. Adventure DX

I haven't played much of the 2D games as we never owned any Sega consoles growing up. Played some on emulator for a bit and they seem fun, but I'm more into the 3D Sonics personally

Offline Lauqe

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 09:41:38 am »
1.  Sonic 06
2.  Sonic Chronicles:  The Dark Brotherhood
3.  Sonic Advance 3
4.  Sonic Riders & Sonic Riders:  Zero Gravity
5.  Sonic R

6.  Knuckles Chaotix
7.  Sonic 3D Blast (Saturn)
8.  Sonic Runners (iPad)
9.  Sonic Shuffle & Sonic and the Secret Rings
10. Sonic Boom:  Rise of Lyric

11. Sonic 1 (Saturn & iPad) [iPad version has unique features]
12. Sonic Advance
13. Sonic CD (iPad) [Tails Playable]
14. Sonic Battle
15. Sonic 2 (Saturn & iPad) [iPad version has unique features]

16. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Saturn)
17. Sonic Adventure & Sonic Adventure 2
18. Sonic Heroes
19. Sonic Colors (Wii)
20. Sonic 4: Episode 2 (iPad) [Won't give me Episode Metal]

21. Sonic Rush
22. Sonic Advance 2
23. Sonic Colors (DS)
24. Sonic the Fighters
25. Sonic 4: Episode 1 (iPad) [Won't give me Episode Metal]

To be fair, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a lot better with Classic Heroes, and I really hope that they make more teams for it.  I didn't have a Dreamcast when I was growing up, or a Saturn, or a GameCube, so a lot of these things I visited within the last few years.  As far as how I play, I really like how Amy plays in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Advance, so games where she's more like that are games I like more in general because I have more fun.  I really like games with lots of characters to choose from and that you can do with multiple people.  The iPad games are pretty fun actually. 

By the way, I hated Sonic Generations so much that I refused to keep playing it and still haven't gone back to it yet.  I also have Sonic and the Black Knight but unfortunately never really got into it.  I've also tried some of the older games but I don't feel they're worth ranking because they're kind of...yeah.  I'm not exactly going to include the GameGear because that's a completely different ballpark in quality.

I'm new on the site and this is my first post.  Please, let's make friends!

Offline SqwareEcks

• Always a day late and a buck short
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 10:43:50 pm »
Now that the thread's been necromanced I might as well update my list as I have now finally had a chance to play and beat Sonic CD a few times. TBH I didn't think it was all that great, there are some things that I thought were interesting but overall I don't think it plays as well as the Genesis games did. Maybe if I'd been able to play it as a kid I'd think differently of it. It did have some nice music, both soundtracks were generally solid and still hold up today, and I had some enjoyment out of making a custom soundtrack for the PC version. I just didn't find the game that fun. However it still gets in above SADX and 3D Blast strictly due to the fact that I get motion sickness playing them.

1. Sonic Adventure 2
2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
3. Sonic Heroes
4. Sonic 2
5. Sonic 1
6. Shadow the Hedgehog
7. Sonic CD
8. Sonic Adventure DX
9. Sonic 3D Blast
10. Sonic Triple Trouble
11. Sonic Chaos
My life needs a rewind/erase button.
-Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Print

Hits: 182 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 998.12 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.