don't click here

Stream Test Scheduling

Print

Author Topic: Stream Test Scheduling  (Read 8075 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Stream Test Scheduling
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »
If I haven't seen you stream before, I'll ask for a test stream done on your personal Twitch.tv channel. It's in your best interest to do this while other people are watching for quick debugging, so you can use this thread to attempt to schedule a test stream with people if you can't get people in IRC to do it. Remember that audio-wise, you'll need to be able to stream your voice, voices coming over Skype, and the game audio with minimal crackling or interference noises. The game audio should be at a lower volume than voices, but not inaudible. For video, picture quality is important (low-resolution games can get by at 240p, but the rest should be at 360p or more to avoid being too blurry to see), but not nearly as important as a smooth stream.

If possible (not required), I also suggest that people using XSplit or OBS to stream add a webcam shot of themselves (if they're not too embarrassed) and a visible chat such as this, as we were often complimented on our interactions with the stream chat and I'd like to keep that going. Note that you won't want to be at the 360p minimum we set earlier if you're adding on-screen chat (consider 480p), as at 360p chat will need to occupy a large portion of the screen to be legible. You should also slightly anti-alias the chat capture after applying the chroma/color key if it appears jagged, and aim to fit four or five short lines without covering up anything crucial to gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:25:08 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline SB737

Re: Stream Test Scheduling
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:13:23 am »
thorn,

Is it absolutely necessary to stream my voice if I do a stream?
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: Stream Test Scheduling
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »
Yes.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Print

Hits: 143 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.