don't click here

ATTN: ShinigamiMachine

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: ShinigamiMachine  (Read 11068 times)

Offline Parax

ATTN: ShinigamiMachine
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:45:10 pm »

Re: ATTN: ShinigamiMachine
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »
umm... I used C+K and the chao was literally doing constant damage. Hope that helps :)

<EDIT> I can also post a pic of the stat screen, it wont have the exact same time but it should be close.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:52:27 pm »
<EDIT> I can also post a pic of the stat screen, it wont have the exact same time...

Why won't it have the same time?
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »
Because I'd need to do another run of the level, its not like i can go back in time and take a pic :P
I didn't think I'd be questioned about the time.
<EDIT> What I meant to say is that when I beat the level I was still in shock about the time, with it being only my second WR and I wasn't thinking to get proof.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:46:04 pm by ShinigamiMachine »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »
But if you beat the level in Boss Attack mode, it should have saved to the records. We put the use of Boss Attack in the Competition Rules for Sonic Advance 3 for just this reason. I'm not understanding how the stat isn't on the screen.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »
But it says "where available" and I don't have it unlocked
<EDIT> If I just provide a screenshot of a very close time will you believe me? Because it would still take skill to get a close time as well.

Offline Parax

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 10:53:17 pm »
That means you should play Boss Attack mode except for on charts where it's not possible. If you haven't unlocked Boss Attack then that means you have to unlock it before you can submit stats.

Here's the other issue. You're beating the TAS by nearly 2.5 seconds. nitsuja (the TASer) lands every hit the instant the hit stun ended, so there's not really a whole lot of room for saving that amount of time, constant damage or not.

If you can get a very very close time, then sure, go for it.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:30 pm »
omg I'm so sorry I just pulled out my game and saw that I had left it on easy from some casual gameplay, my AltarEmerald time was on normal though. Do I need to remove that time as well since I didn't use Boss Attack mode?
<(another) EDIT> How do I delete a Stat?

Offline Parax

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:13 pm »
Alright, in that case we'll just suspend your two boss stats and let it go. But next time, please, be careful and make sure you both read and follow the rules. We have them there for a reason. :P

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 11:06:04 pm »
Suspend? What does that do? And also every other non-record boss stat besides AltarEmerald was also done on easy D:

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 11:08:50 pm »
and why is every online member viewing this lol

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 11:14:43 pm »
Having stats suspended means that they no longer show on the charts nor do they count. You will have to resubmit. Since every boss stat except one was done on Easy, we are suspending all of it. We ask that you unlock Boss Attack before resubmitting, as your stats will be saved there and done on Normal difficulty. This also prevents typos, as you can see the stat for as long as you want instead of hastily scrawling it down; we believe that not only were the times achieved on Easy, but there were also typos.

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 11:15:55 pm »
We're stalkers, clearly.  Cleeeearly.  Honestly I just heard this from someone else.

Either way just keep your game on normal (It's not all that hard casually anyhow.  I like to keep it there since it's... you know.  The game as it is planned to be played normally).

Oh yeah, and Altar Emerald and Nonaggression aren't in boss attack, so make sure you have normal difficulty on when you time attack those since you have to hit the main mode for those.  But yeah, it's an easy fix, I'm sure you can get things right next time.
Hi

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 11:21:45 pm »
so since, according to taillow, AltarEmerald isnt in boss attack, then shouldnt that stat be completely valid? If you wouldnt mind unsuspending it please I would be very greatful!

Offline Parax

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 11:31:52 pm »
We can't unsuspend stats. If you're 100% positive that it was done on Normal difficulty and it's not typoed or misremembered, then go ahead and resubmit it I suppose. It was 0:42.40.

edit: or apparently we can, but still, you can resubmit it yourself if you're sure it's correct.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:45:12 pm by Umbreon »

Print

Hits: 103 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.06 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.