don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis Speed Runs

Print

Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis Speed Runs  (Read 7373 times)

Offline SB737

Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis Speed Runs
« on: November 27, 2012, 12:57:51 pm »
ive been working on my single segment speed runs of sonic 1 lately, however im having a few problems, firstly how on earth can you do the spring yard act 3 glitch, where you have to zip one frame to the left and then jump, i've done it once in like 50 attempts and i want to be able to do it in a ss run, so any tips? also at the start of spring yard 2 i cant consistently pull off thhe bit at the start where you bounce off the bumper and go over it, is there a specific strategy to it?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:23:56 am by SonicBoom737 »
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline TimpZ

Re: sonic the hedgehog genesis speed runs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:59:50 pm »
The first one's just practise. I could get it maybe 1/5 times after half an hour so just keep at it. It's one of few glitches I'd say is easier on a stick but that might just be me :p.

For the second one, all you have to do is jump into the left side so that you're a small bit above the spring and then not touch anything and it'll work every time.

Offline SB737

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:20:51 pm »
thnx timpz, i suppose like everything it takes practice - on the  SY2 bumper jump do you hold right whilst u jump?

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 01:42:25 pm »
Just jump until you touch the left barrier and you're just a bit above the spring, then don't press or hold anything until you're past the bumper and it'll work everytime.

Offline SB737

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:23:23 am »
thnx, on starlight act 2 the level wrap is like impossible, i can easily get into the position for zipping, but when i zip and jump I just hit the left side of the level and dont wrap - help plz.. (BTW got 56 seconds on SY3, so I can do the glitch pretty well now :D)

Offline Etch

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis Speed Runs
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 10:45:22 pm »
Yea that happens a lot, need to hold right for as few frames as possible to get the necessary speed to wrap.

Print

Hits: 236 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1014.37 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.