don't click here

n00b here

Print

Author Topic: n00b here  (Read 6247 times)

n00b here
« on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:26 pm »
I'm new to speed running, but I saw Paraxade (I think that's his name) Speed Run vids in Sonic Generations and Unleashed, and I'm hooked.  That's something I'd love to have fun learning.

I registered on this site to learn how to get into speed running in Sonic games, and hopefully participate in some with my n00btastic skill

Re: n00b here
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:34:18 pm »
can anyone give me some advice?  thx  :)

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 02:04:52 pm »
Welcome to TSC!!

Don't worry about being a n00b, because we were all n00bs at one stage (and in fact I still consider myself somewhat n00bish!). Although I'm not very experienced myself with Unleashed and Generations, the site boasts many skilled players who should be willing to help you out. The best advice I can give you is to watch the videos on the site (and read some guides) to make yourself familiar with speedrunning routes, techniques and strategies, to ask around in the chat-room and forum for hints and tips (don't worry, most of us are nice, but be cautious of the ravenous Thorn), and (most importantly) to keep practicing! In future, if you decide to compete in other Sonic titles which I own, I may be able to give you a hand in some areas.

Finally, enjoy the competition, and I hope you have success in the rankings! You seem like an eager player, and forgive me for posting cheesy quotes, but "Believe you can and you're halfway there" - Theodore Roosevelt. Good luck! :D (Also Thorn is a nice guy, the beast thing is just an immature inside joke that came about during the marathon XD.)
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Parax

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:11:01 pm »
I'm new to speed running, but I saw Paraxade (I think that's his name) Speed Run vids in Sonic Generations and Unleashed, and I'm hooked.  That's something I'd love to have fun learning.

Heh, that'd be me. :P

Welcome to TSC, enjoy your stay!

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 04:48:44 pm »
Yeah, you guys are pretty fast with responses. :D

Thanks for all the advice.  Hopefully I can get some times up soon, but I'm gonna be watching those vids in the meantime

Offline SB737

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 05:01:17 pm »
welcome to TSC, for alot of classic speed runs of sonic generations and a few modern ones check out this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9BED31938241A32C&feature=view_all just keep practicing, talk in TSC's chat http://soniccenter.org/chat ,  we'll answer any questions and help you in any way we can :)
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 05:09:57 pm »
Hi. Welcome to TSC. Don't worry about being a n00b. All of us are at certain games. Even though this is competition, people are fine revealing their strats and the like. Read some of the guides and watch videos. They only help you. Guides might be more difficult, but I've been working on a lot of guides for Sonic 06, Sonic Rivals (2), and SG3DS. Enjoy your stay!

God we sound like a hotel >_<
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 05:37:12 pm »
God we sound like a hotel >_<

Don't be anxious about security BLACKSTAR, as TSC isn't dangerous at all - Thorn is a guard like no other. He keeps this place safe at night by scaring off suspicious characters he spots lurking about the premises with his terrifying beastly wroar, which causes them to scatter for miles around.
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

Offline SB737

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »
now we're confusing him...

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline Cream147

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 06:24:07 pm »
Hi. Welcome to TSC. Don't worry about being a n00b. All of us are at certain games.

Some of us are noobs at all games! What I can guarantee is that by competing here you will see yourself improve dramatically, and you should have great fun in the process (if you don't, you're doing it wrong). Welcome to TSC!

Offline SB737

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 06:28:30 pm »
just submitting stats for every game gives you a decent position on the overall leaderboards

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 08:54:16 pm »
ITT danieldude bums thorn. Stop that

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline SpanielWare

• win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2012, 04:43:21 am »
ITT Werey is being obscene XD.
Anyway, I think we should all now keep the content of this topic strictly to the subject of BLACKSTAR's new membership and his queries!

Also Cruizer says welcome to TSC!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:07:36 am by danieldude »

Print

Hits: 250 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.08 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.