don't click here

Post-Xmas Streaming

Print

Author Topic: Post-Xmas Streaming  (Read 80026 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Xmas Mini-Marathon?
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 10:24:27 pm »
A few thoughts...

I don't think the lack of two or three people from the last marathon that are going to AGDQ will destroy us given that the next marathon is planned to be shorter than the last. I do think that 24 hour streaming will be very impractical for us, as will delaying it into the school year, because of our audience and our potential pool of streamers.

Yes, I intend to get a bunch of people into All Stars Racing Transformed, although we do need to consider console choice. I'm thinking 360 again because Wii U will be too new and because we have less members on TSC with PS3s than 360s.

I am okay with TimpZ and CrypticJacknife handling S3&K and Unwiished respectively, as I really did not want to run those two games last time but was stuck with them. They can afford to be streamed yet again, only well this time.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:47 pm »
Assuming nothing comes up, I should be able to return for commentary.  With that said, I don't know if I'd be able to do anything else.  November might be a bit hectic for me to see how things will pan out in the future, so... we'll see!  I want to actually do a bit more for this but I wouldn't know if that'd be possible.
Hi

Offline flying fox

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 07:01:01 am »
I don't know if this is still happening but I think me and Gamble might still be doing S3&K co-op. I will need to get in touch with him at some point and do a test stream to see if it's do-able. If not then yeah TimpZ should go for S3&K, unless I can persuade RPG to do co-op with me.

As for Sonic CD I would love to do a run as tails but I really need to see if I can stream from the console first, if not I know RPG has SCD on steam so I could use that. Once I know I can stream well I will post what games that I can do.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:06:10 am by flying fox »

Offline SB737

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:10 am »
can i do sonic 2 or sonic generations, my pb for sonic 2 is 28:51, and sonic generations 1 hour 43 minutes, so yeah, I can do other games too if you want
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 08:17:48 am »
FF I hope you're not talking about netplay... that shit is the worst

Offline flying fox

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 08:31:10 am »
I heard that openkaillera might possibly be good, never tried it so can't really say. As I said earlier a possible way of doing S3&K co-op would be to do it with RPG as I'm going to literally be with him during 28 December to somewhere in the beginning of January. I'll be seeing him very soon so we can do a test stream if needed and we are doing it. I would need to ask him first. Also there is the added bonus of if one of us can't do a specific trick but the other can, then we can just swap controllers. Plus I know Thorn wanted a S3&K co-op for last marathon but it never happened, because I got let down by my first partner and then my second partner couldn't do it because of uni work.

Offline TimpZ

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 10:54:59 am »
The problem with Kaillera is that it has like a minimum input lag of 50 milliseconds for both players and usually it's more than that. If you don't live close to each other it's going to be more like a third of a second for at least one of you. It just doesn't work for Sonic games...

If you can get a good co-op run going then that would be pretty cool though. Entertainment value is a big factor but I really hope you can grind out some practise before if you get the spot.

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 01:55:16 pm »
I need to say something really important that all of you will yell at me for. I'm concerned about who is streaming. I was thinking about stuff last night and this came to me. Do our audience what the same old same old, or new? Do they enjoy the same people playing games? I think that too many people are trying to do more than one thing. If the same person does every game, it would get very boring very quickly. Imagine this: Let's say I was chosen to do 06, Transformed, Sonic 4, and Generations. Wouldn't you get bored of me by the time my third game came around? Yeah, you would. This is not, "Hey look, I'm good at every game and I should stream them all and hog up screen time". I understand that you want people who are good at a game to stream, but you need new people to stream. This is not a time for the admins and ops to take up screen time. This is a time for the community to bond.

Please don't shoot down this immediately and yell at me like whenever I put in my opinion. Think about it for a bit. If you are strongly against it then say it politely please.

EDIT: lol My four game example was a joke. I didn't mean four games exactly.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:01:07 pm by Lucario »
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline DarkAura

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 10:07:09 pm »
Hey I have a charity thing!! My schoolmates will donate if we do One Million Bones as our charity. Some girls have offered 20 dollars straight cash (which I can put on my paypal to donate). This is one huge box of clay to make bones. I can make all the bones as long as I receive money to buy the clay. One Million Bones is a charity to raise awareness of modern genocide and for genocide victims. My school will personally fire the clay and send them off if we do this. Please consider my offer. Besides, the teachers will love me! Yeah you don't care about that lol. 
I like this idea.

EDIT: Some girls went up to me asking if they can help make bones. My school is willingly helping us with this. Child's Play is great but I really don't want to let my school down. They really want to do this. I understand you are content with Child's Play but come on. This -famous- U.S. school is helping a video game site? This is too much to refuse.

EDIT2: All I'm asking for is this one marathon. It could be Child's Play for the rest of TSC's lifespan for all I care.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:23:40 pm by Lucario »
hi my name is izzy and i dye my hair to look like scarlett johansson

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 10:59:23 am »
Why would we send our money to a 4 month old members school? Sorry maybe if it wasn't you handling the money and stuff we'd. Consider it.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »
Lucario: Your school is not associated with gaming, and it's not directly self-supporting (in terms of visibility in the gaming realm or benefit to others) like Child's Play is.  Unless we're big enough to warrant talking about on our own, like SDA is, we should just infuse the community with more goodwill.  Besides that, donating to Child's Play could be good press for us.

Further, we're speedrunners, we run games with the best people available given the opportunity to.  The fact that some people will be running multiple games is offset by the fact that commentary is from a lot of members of the community, some runners are quiet while focusing, some can't talk (no mic or too much background noise, etc.), and the like.

Also, running around Xmas might be fine for a short marathon, but don't forget that SDA's marathon happens in early Jan, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't want to run into that with them.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2012, 12:43:54 pm »
How experienced should runners be? I'm fairly new to TSC and have been working on Generations. I have a new save file run down to 1:45:48, but I'm not sure if that's skilled enough to be featured on the stream. If not it's cool, I just am trying to get a ballpark skill level.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »
Lucario: One Million Bones does have a donation option, but rather than distributing its funds directly to those it wants to benefit or sending goods to those people, it creates a work of art intended to raise awareness of those it wants to benefit so that others may help the cause... at least, this is the case as far as I can tell. I'd honestly prefer to work with a charity that cuts out the middle man and donates money/goods directly.

Aitamen: While I've joked about "competing" with SDA's marathons in the past, we compete with them in the same way that the homeless guy playing guitar for donations at the subway station competes with actual album sales. They can raise $40k in the amount of time it would take us to raise $1k.

glacials: You might consider racing Umbreon, who ran the Generations stream last time.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »
I'd be game for getting my butt kicked in a Generations race.

For prizes, plushies would be cool, or maybe prints/posters. There's some cool stuff on Etsy like https://www.etsy.com/listing/106134576/sonic-the-hedgehog-set-of-4-hand-painted and https://www.etsy.com/listing/112853078/sonic-the-hedgehog-title-screen-3d-wall but I don't know if the price is right (the first could be split into four prizes I suppose).

Offline Parax

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 09:34:02 pm »
How experienced should runners be? I'm fairly new to TSC and have been working on Generations. I have a new save file run down to 1:45:48, but I'm not sure if that's skilled enough to be featured on the stream. If not it's cool, I just am trying to get a ballpark skill level.

You're gonna wanna improve a bit more. I get ~1:20 in a bad run.

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »
Alright, I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:30:49 am by glacials »

Offline SB737

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2012, 06:13:01 am »
in classic i can do pretty much perfect, but modern needs improving for me

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)

Offline Cream147

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2012, 09:08:03 am »
The only thing I'd consider running for the marathon is Sonic 1 as a last resort if no one better wants to. I could put in a decent time with the amount of practice I would do, but I couldn't pull off a couple of the glitches that were done last marathon - not single segment. I would be happy to do a 100% run as well if that's what was wanted, and I would be happy to do it at any ridiculous time it may be needed. But I think it would be better if someone else did it.

Offline SB737

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »
The only thing I'd consider running for the marathon is Sonic 1 as a last resort if no one better wants to. I could put in a decent time with the amount of practice I would do, but I couldn't pull off a couple of the glitches that were done last marathon - not single segment. I would be happy to do a 100% run as well if that's what was wanted, and I would be happy to do it at any ridiculous time it may be needed. But I think it would be better if someone else did it.
we have to have TeeNTee for sonic 1 in my opinion
also when are we planning on doing this marathon? i vote doing it from xmas day over to the new year, and it should also be donated to childs play :D

Offline Cream147

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »
we have to have TeeNTee for sonic 1 in my opinion

No, we need the best person who is available and volunteers. If Tee-N-Tee had volunteered, do you think I would have bothered?

No one has said they'll do Sonic 1 yet, so I'm simply saying I can, if necessary.

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »
i vote doing it from xmas day over to the new year
I think that Thorn's suggestion of running the marathon from December 27-30th is the best idea. Most people (as far as I know) spend time with family and friends on Christmas Day and are unable to participate or watch, and many people are also away, traveling or busy on Boxing Day. The 27th is a good day to begin the marathon because of more people being available, yet it is only two days after Christmas (so it can still be called a Christmas Marathon). Running it five hours a day for four days would be a little much for a Mini-Marathon of this kind, yet four days still provides opportunity to run a good handful of games.
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline SB737

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 02:36:21 pm »
lol ive got that classic sonic without the motobug :)

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »
lol ive got that classic sonic without the motobug :)
I envy you...
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2012, 03:10:05 pm »
I have the Super Sonic plush. :) Will take photos of it later, along with some of my other plushies.

Most of the Great Eastern plushes are very good quality, and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for plushes. GE also manufactured the Sonic hat included as a preorder bonus with Sonic Colors: http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-Fleece-GE-2380/dp/B003OLUQII/

Did you know that GE also manufactures a similar Amy hat? http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Hedgehog-Amy-Hair-Fleece/dp/B005WO2NI6/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 03:15:30 pm by GerbilSoft »

Offline MasterC

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2012, 05:49:14 pm »
I would be up to do a SA2B Hero Story race or a solo run. I can currently get around a 46 minute run and I have been trying to go for the record so i'm practicing a lot, so I think my run will be up to marathon standards :D

here is my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/masterc95
Just linking in case anyone wants to see if my runs are good enough

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:00 pm »
Thorn: Considering I've given money to a number of street performers and know exactly one person who's ever bought a CD...

And I was more just saying running side-by-side with them might be a bad idea, which if we're running 27-30 doesn't matter much. 
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SB737

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2012, 06:17:55 am »
I'll do sonic 1 and 2, if we have to have a race on srl to decide who does it then I don't mind

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2012, 08:07:11 pm »
MasterC brought up the idea of the two of us racing SA2B. I'm sure other people would be interested too (since it's so popular, and since the HD version came out so recently). So I'm definitely interested in participating. Maybe we could do something like the big 96 exit race on SRL for the #SMW marathon...

Offline SB737

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 05:07:35 am »
i agree with a race for the marathon

Print

Hits: 1,347 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.29 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.