Approve
16 (45.7%)
Disapprove
17 (48.6%)
Don't know enough to say anything
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Print

Author Topic: Sonic CD RA Rules Change  (Read 37705 times)

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Sonic CD RA Rules Change
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:51 pm »
I just only disagree. I like the idea, but I don't. I think it should only be for RA, but there's nothing really against doing it for all charts. It's totally opinionated at this point, since there's no downside, and there really isn't an upside either

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »
I understand and respect the ideas you have put forth and I am willing to do the split charts concept.

Give me time, because I want to be sure I modify the charts correctly without ruining a shitton of precious data.

Lastly, I've been informed by my peers that there's been poll rigging going on. Allow me to take initiative in PUTTING MY FOOT DOWN.

1) Whichever among you did it, you're stupid for rigging the poll. Its purpose is merely for getting a quick general populus-wide response without reading the whole thread. Polls NEVER determine the outcome of a ruling.

2) Among all the admins here, I am the most willing to listen. If you have something that you strongly disagree with, POST IT OR PM ME. I am always open-minded to the users' ideas.

3) The irony is despite the poll's results, I was willing to change to the split charts concepts. Rigging the poll got you no profit.

4) If I see poll rigging happening again, you can expect your duplicate accounts (as well as your original) to be deleted.

Offline Ajavalo

• I'm rolling around at the speed of sound!
  • TSC: afolita
  • win7 msie10
  • Hahahaha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 06:41:13 pm »
My opinion on this is that Times should have charts for all time periods, but Rings and Scores would better stay "general". That is, you start the Zone in the present and you can time travel as much as the time posts allow you, to take advantage of other time periods. I prefer having more room for exploration in non-linear categories. I wouldn't mind taking out the "starting at present" part.
Sonic tiene que acabar mareadito con las carreras que se pega! No sé cómo no pota! x.x

Offline Luxray

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 07:45:20 am »
Who would be so stupid to create accounts -just- to vote? It's stupid.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 09:28:53 am »
More thoughts:
TA could easily be either fastest normal run (Allowing Time Travel), fastest TA only (current), or fastest per starting time period...  I do like the starting-time-period version because it wouldn't invalidate current TA status (They'd count for "Present"), and it'd open up competition in the other 2/3 of the game.

For rings, All-area normal-game RA gets the highest ring counts, so that's what we should use.  By-time-zone could be used, but it seems arbitrarily restrictive without providing much more in the way of challenge.  If console players don't like it, they have a computer to play with, because they can jump on TSC, so it's a choice to not compete, and that's not something we reflect in our charts (That people are unwilling to play X or Y... otherwise we wouldn't have S06 charts >__>).

Scores...  For scores, each time period could have a different score, and it could be higher/lower than the full-run score (I don't think are enough rings to offset the time bonus in any level, feel free to correct me).  I think allowing all start points (from L Select and/or TA) and normal game play as score routes and only having a single score slot would probably be best, similar to KC's "Use whatever time you want" ruling.  Gives highest scores and lets each player do what's best/easiest for them, or what's best for score.  I don't think RA and SA are the same for many levels, so I think whichever start gets you to the end the fastest and thus allows for more time to combo/ring/etc would wind up being the biggest, but I'd love to be wrong.

tl;dr: This is roughly what I want:

Times:
PP1 Past
PP1 Present
PP1 BFuture
PP1 GFuture
Rings:
PP1 (allows normal gameplay, ta, or different start, whichever is best)
Scores:
PP1 (allows normal gameplay, ta, or different start, whichever is best)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SpanielWare

• One can dream of a new Sega console, can't they?
  • TSC: danieldude
  • win10 chrome
  • "Better behave yourselves..."
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 01:00:32 pm »
I totally agree with what Cruizer said. Anyway, back on topic...
StH JJ1 Sega++>+++ WkS+ AdS++ Arc++ Sal+++i!^"t Tal+++i^t Ant++ Coc++ Amy++!^"t Pen++!^" P+{++} Dfho{psw}[w] $+++{++++} E17~ Ay98 GM CoUK | Sega Technical Institute... engenders an unfortunate initialism.

<Starlight_Glimmer> i dont make the news I just report it

Offline Ajavalo

• I'm rolling around at the speed of sound!
  • TSC: afolita
  • win7 msie10
  • Hahahaha!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2012, 03:19:50 pm »
Just to clarify: my vision of the charts would be exactly the same as Aitamen's, just merging both futures for Times.
Sonic tiene que acabar mareadito con las carreras que se pega! No sé cómo no pota! x.x

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2012, 08:45:32 pm »
There are quite a few levels where ring bonus can trump time bonus
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2012, 09:02:11 pm »
Isn't it true that GF and BF have nothing different except the presence/lack of robots?

Offline flying fox

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2012, 09:11:25 pm »
In PP3 near the boss area there is a slight change to the layout, which is why I use BF when taing it. It's just a straight run to the boss area in BF where as in GF it's not. Not sure about the other levels.

EDIT: CC3 has less bouncy balls in the pinball area in GF than in BF but then there is the short cut over the top >_>. Another slight layout change to the first slope between QQ3 BF and GF. So far I think that's it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:22:57 pm by flying fox »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 10:56:16 am »
Isn't it true that GF and BF have nothing different except the presence/lack of robots?

As FF said, that's not fully right... but then there's the fact that sometimes enemies are in the way, and other times they're useful thanks to the bounce physics in this game.

There are quite a few levels where ring bonus can trump time bonus

Really?  Off the top of my head, I was thinking that almost every level has a 255+Ring Box soft limit for 25500 points, and didn't see many combos in comparison, no perfect bonus (Which is was sealed it for S2), etc.  I was also citing that the scores chart for TT2 is much lower that every other level except bosses.  I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious as to where this is...  Still, I think a single chart might be better overall even it it weren't the case...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 11:07:00 am »
Im going off of the fact that for Rings and Score you just listed the level and no specific time zone, so surely you can time travel and get enough rings to outweigh the time limit?

As an addendum, if you want 4 time zone charts for times, then surely that should also apply to rings and scores, because not being consistent with a chart we're updating to better reflect the rules for the updated chart is a bit dumb. Or just have one chart and allow any time zone for times, too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:08:06 pm by Mr. Freeze »
Did you not think I had a mind?

Print

Hits: 259 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.