don't click here

Knuckles in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and start positions

Print

Author Topic: Knuckles in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and start positions  (Read 2555 times)

Offline TimpZ

Knuckles in Sonic 3 & Knuckles and start positions
« on: October 13, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »
Alright so I'm starting this for the sake of having a discussion about it.

First of all, Knuckles is playable in both Death Egg 1 and 2. He can't complete DE1 but he can complete DE2. How would people feel about adding that to the leaderboards?

Second of all, there's this glitch where you can play as blue knuckles. I'm not saying we should add a blue knuckles board but since you start at sonic position it could potentially produce some interesting strats for a couple of levels like LR1 or MH1. Most notable though is LB2 where you can do the same glitch sonic does and do the level wrap to the end. Would this be considered a legit strat for the knuckles board?

That said, I haven't had the pleasure to try the blue knuckles glitch on a genesis so I'm not sure if it would fall under the category of version differences.

Third of all. What about going the sonic route like in IC1 and start from sonic position there or the opposite where you go to knuckles route as sonic. What's considered about those strats?

EDIT: The rules say this "You may start any zone's Act 2 from the end of Act 1 or from selecting Act 2 in stage select, but from nowhere else." but it doesn't define what is the end of the act, such as the case with Ice cap nor mentions anything about what starting position is chosen from the level select.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:19:02 pm by TimpZ »

Print

Hits: 192 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 973.02 KB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.