don't click here

Death abuse during IL's

Print

Author Topic: Death abuse during IL's  (Read 6059 times)

Offline btbam1

Death abuse during IL's
« on: February 28, 2012, 02:10:00 am »
I was reading over the competition rules for sonic 2 earlier, and I didn't see any mention of death abuse. So I was wondering whether or not death abuse is allowed in IL's.

Offline Luxray

Re: Death abuse during IL's
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:28:08 am »
^Uhhh...We allow it in Sonic 3, so I beleive we do? Might need to have someone on the rules committee to confirm.  However if you death by time over, you reset the timer, and that is against the rules.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:10 am »
Some forms of dying are ok. In time runs you can die as many times as you want as long as you don't do so by time over, thus resetting the clock. Score runs must be done with no deaths at all, since the score's saved and you can just scalp off of that. Knuckles' ring charts work the same way, but that's mentioned in the rules.

But if you're just going for time and don't time over, you can die and restart from a check.

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline btbam1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:12 am »
i should have specified, i was referring to time runs. thank you guys for the input

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:02:27 pm »
Some forms of dying are ok. In time runs you can die as many times as you want as long as you don't do so by time over, thus resetting the clock. Score runs must be done with no deaths at all, since the score's saved and you can just scalp off of that. Knuckles' ring charts work the same way, but that's mentioned in the rules.

But if you're just going for time and don't time over, you can die and restart from a check.

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do.
So how do you get 405 rings without deaths in AI 2?  I was told death was OKAY as long as you didn't bring your score count over.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline werster

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 10:37:34 pm »
It's kinda what he's saying, just without wordly it oh so perfectly. Score are to be attained in a single continuous run, meaning if you start at the check with 200, and finish was 46900, in that single continuous run you've gotten 46700, which is fine. I spose there is a case for removing without deaths from the rule (if it's there, I'm too lazy to check) it's just common sense that whatever is whatever. Like with S1GG you subtract whatever score from the previous level etc etc you should get the point by now <_<

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »
So how do you get 405 rings without deaths in AI 2?  I was told death was OKAY as long as you didn't bring your score count over.
I was specifically talking S2 Knuckles ring charts, because you keep the rings on death in S2K.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:51 pm »
Ooooooh, right.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Print

Hits: 148 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.