don't click here

TSC: How's it Going?

Print

Author Topic: TSC: How's it Going?  (Read 5202 times)

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
TSC: How's it Going?
« on: December 31, 2011, 04:56:12 am »
Random thread, might post more things as time comes.

So what exactly has been going on around here?  I stop by here every now and then to maybe submit a random time or few, trying to complete my goal of all orange and up rankings (screw you StF >_>), or just to see how my rankings are going.  Also stop by the chatroom sometimes to see what's up and if some ol' friends are around (Zeupar :D).

Can't help but feel that TSC has been slowing down quite a bit, with not only submissions, but posts/threads as well.  I remember back when competitive related threads would pop-up with people calling each other out and stuff.  I guess that was because most of the main players were still active, and most of the times weren't near max/insanely difficult.  Are people becoming discouraged to compete in the games because of how difficult it is now after years of record improvements?  Or are people just not that interested anymore in speedrunning?

I myself lost most of the interest and energy I've had from before after a few years of hardcore speedrunning.  Also the lack of competitive talk in the forums has discouraged me from bothering as much, as I really enjoyed the thought of becomeing one of the TOP 10 in something, or mentioned in something like that.

So what do you guys think?

Also, sup with the 50+ guests on at almost all times? o_O
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline DATBOI | War Anvil

Re: TSC: How's it Going?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:25:12 pm »
I personally think the competitive spirit is still alive.  RPG happens to be first on SG360 so far.

Anyway, nice to see that you have #1 on Sonic Battle.
Hoo~!

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:42:15 pm »
Well, I've been desperately trying to keep Sonic Adventure (DX) active, as I am always trying to get new records and such. I am striving for the absolute best I could possibly become. I also post in some other games, though not as much. I will agree that TSC has lost its luster, though I wouldn't entirely know, seeing as I haven't been on the site for more than a year yet. At least Sonic Generations is keeping competition alive. 700+ new stats every week, I believe O_O That's insane! Well, let's hope that we can keep getting new members to regularly post. Maybe we can at least make the site flourishing until late next year. I'd hate to be a member of a dying site when I have just been getting started, so to speak

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 12:55:44 am »
Well, I'm doing great. I play Sonic Colors Wii a lot. I'm kinda bored with Sonic 4, but I did get the best times and scores I can. I still like it, I might play for it for playthroughs now. I want to do some Mario speed runs. I'm might be taking a huge break from speed running Sonic games. I don't know if I can or not, I might play a little. So yeah, This site is getting more players by the year goes on.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline Rolken

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:11:51 am »
At a glance, there're 65 players for Sonic Generations already, which by my recollection is a faster uptake than any game had during the 'good ole days' of TSC, so no worries there. Aside from raw numbers, TSC did start with a core community imported from GameFAQs that had an unusual zest for competition. I don't think that's necessarily lost, but most of those players have moved on. To keep that fire burning, a new core of competitors might need to assert themselves.

In the end, the competition is what you guys make of it. Something like a weekly challenge might be a good idea. If you want to see people called out, call them out. :)
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »
Although, I don't get what you mean by calling someone out, Rolken, I do agree that a Weekly Challenge should be established in some way. Of course, they couldn't all be of the same game, but we could get the Champions and pros of each game to come together create some sort of Weekly Challenge, not too distant from SDM's Emerald Challenges, but from across all of the games. EH, just an idea, may not be desirable to everyone

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 04:29:40 am »
Back in the day people called each other out when they were going to attempt to take their championship or something. 8)

I remember something from around when I first joined where some of the players made a top newcomers of 2007 or whatever.  Would be nice to have one each year towards the end.

I'd try and make things like these but I'm just a lurker that reads random threads and that's about it. lol
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Print

Hits: 159 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.03 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.