don't click here

Sonic Generations 3DS Charts

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations 3DS Charts  (Read 60597 times)

Offline Ben

Re: Sonic Generations 3DS Charts
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »
Sounds dandy.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 07:33:41 am »
CAPTAINS LOG DAY 64

Still no sign o' t' fabled sea chart t' Sonic Generations 3DS. It could be that it be SO EXCRUCIATING t' add 4 divisions with 10-20 charts each, but more likely someone has decided t' procrastinate it or ignore t' game. It's time t' set up a plank on deck - have not decided who should walk it yet.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2012, 01:11:05 am »
CAPTAINS LOG DAY 67

Contact has been achieved with someone able t' put em up, but they were clearly not willin'. When t' gentleman witnessed a certainly pitiful new record in t' Sonic CD 2011 charts, he remarked that lowly amounts o' effort put into a record for a new game such as that display were t' reason he could care less about puttin' up t' fabled sea chart t' Sonic Generations 3DS.

I may remind this gentleman o' t' followin':
- T' game in question has been up for a week.
- It took 1-2 months for charts for that game t' get up. Not as many players were as prepared t' play t' game competitively since it was uncertain when charts would go up.
- Implyin' thar be no decent competition be ridiculous. Sonic Generations on consoles has -76- different competitors on our charts at t' moment.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:21 am »
^ Correction: I said that I couldn't care less. If I had the ability to care less, I may have put them up already. Also the main reason is that putting up new charts sucks and has minimal error correction; the filler stats are one of many smaller reasons. After creating Sonic CD 2011 charts, a misclick was made that resulted in the presence of two additional, unnecessary charts. It took about a week for somebody to be able to correct it, as it's out of the control of most admins to take charts down once they're created. If people submit to erroneous charts (and you know they will!), then it's even harder to get them removed.

Also you are seriously comparing the multiplatform, well-received console version to the 3DS version and that scares me.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2012, 01:39:44 am »
If making new charts sucks so much, then why not make it so that making new charts sucks less? Clearly this is a recurring problem.

And my comparison isn't terrible, but incomplete. If Generations 3ds was up a month ago, the ratio of players would probably be similar to colors players/colors DS players (about 3:1), but the longer the charts are not up, the more people don't care about competing in a set of charts that were just put up, or they just forget about the game and move on to something else. Like Minecraft. Just saying.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 01:45:10 am »
If making new charts sucks so much, then why not make it so that making new charts sucks less? Clearly this is a recurring problem.

We don't really have that ability. Admins don't actually have the level of site access you'd think: most of the actual innards of TSC are left to SonicAD and GerbilSoft (and maybe Rolken, now that I hear he is getting some access back). SDM, Gerbil, and I are pretty limited in what we can do, hence why I try to act mostly through forum and chat activities. Trust me, if we could (and were smart enough to design a new interface), we wouldn't deal with this every time new charts are needed.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Luxray

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 07:48:01 am »
most of the actual innards of TSC are left to SonicAD and
GerbilSoft (and maybe Rolken, now that I hear he is getting some access back). SDM, Gerbil, and I are pretty limited in what we can do

Wut

In all serious though, perhaps something should be brought up to disallow anyone from submitting until an admin deems a chart fit to be ready for submissions. I'd imagine that'd be a bitch to try and implement, but it's a good idea nonetheless.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 07:57:08 am »
Nah that wouldn't be hard, set the charts to be invisible once created until they've been reviewed by an admin/whomever made the finished chart proposal to make sure they're fine. You snow it makes sense.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Ben

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 08:08:53 am »
So adding charts is hard. But how is delaying it going to make adding them any easier? >_>

Surely it's in TSC's best interests to get games up ASAP.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:22 pm »
Apparently Generations 3DS charts exist and can be located via Rankings (but are empty) and the game exists in the Submissions list and all categories can be pulled up. An admin letting us know if it's cool if we submit to it would sure be dandy instead of leaving us all in the cold on the matter.

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 02:26:56 pm »
Missions. Add them.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 01:33:40 am »
^Fuck. No.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Zip

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 08:41:47 am »
Why not?

Generations HD had 90 missions and they added them in time score and rings

3DS has 100 missions and only time would be necesary.

Also they could be added as
Mission1
Mission2
Mission3
Mission100

whatever the desition is. im ok with it though.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 08:46:15 am »
From what I've gathered, it's because of how tedious it is to unlock every mission (which I don't think is a good reason to not add them).

Offline Luxray

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 08:54:58 am »
From what I've gathered, it's because of how tedious it is to unlock every mission (which I don't think is a good reason to not add them).

This. 5 play coins per mission. 100 missions. 500 play coins. at the rate of 10 play coins per day, at the very most, you would not unlock them for 50 days. Too long, too much effort, and it has been deemed as a quite stupid requirement for missions.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 09:02:36 am »
Also the missions themselves are pretty shit.

Offline Zip

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 09:03:15 am »
well.
To be competing first we need to have experience in the game. meaning most off us have a lot of missions available already.

Also. Street pass helps.
and you can change the day date to get other 10 coins
also playing the game unlocks missions

is not tedious at all. is it fun when you get your new missions.

Is just like getting a new record here. is very tedious to play an stage over and over. but you feel great when you get to be the number 1 in a certain stage

Offline Luxray

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 09:42:34 am »
well.
To be competing first we need to have experience in the game. meaning most off us have a lot of missions available already.

Also. Street pass helps.
and you can change the day date to get other 10 coins
also playing the game unlocks missions

is not tedious at all. is it fun when you get your new missions.

Is just like getting a new record here. is very tedious to play an stage over and over. but you feel great when you get to be the number 1 in a certain stage

It really isn't. It's just more time wasted on something people are going to have little to no interest to compete in. So the tediousness of unlocking, coupled with the extremely low competitive appeal/value, put the missions 6 feet under.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Zip

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:40 am »
ah!
I get it now c:

Offline JBertolli

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 10:36:32 am »
As Groudon says, this tedious unlocking system isn't a good enough reason except that apparently less people will compete. The missions are shit? Collect 100 rings; doesn't that sound familiar? In my opinion, at least you aren't having Vector throw you or Amy help you with a hammer. And if we are hosting competition where there will be enough interest then why even have ASR DS? Only three people have full charts and five in total. Some things are a hit, some are a miss, doesn't mean we should start avoiding things we hope will be a miss.

Zip, as long as TSC isn't hosting competition for missions, I really hope you play them on Cyberscore if you are interested.

Offline SB737

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 06:42:26 am »
Best to bump this rather than make a new topic, I also would like to see charts added for the missions, granted they take a bit of time to unlock (Timpz educated me that you could get enough play coins in about 2 hours to unlock them all), however when I compete on CS at them, I just earn the play coins when I want a new mission to play. There has been a few players now requesting this chart:
Me
Zeupar
James_Bertolli
Zip
(Diamond) he competes at them on CS so he'll no doubt want to compete at them here too.

If anyone else has an opinion on this matter/ would compete on these charts, then please speak up.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline Luxray

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2014, 03:23:07 pm »
Here is a list of all 100 missions that can be unlocked. Someone has to take the list i've linked and cut down every single redundant mission so that you actually have a chart that isn't just the same thing X number of times. I won't be doing it because i have no need or want to do so.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Diamond

• Diamond in the sky
  • TSC Profile
  • iphone safari
  • "I never want to hear you say goodbye"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2014, 05:24:20 pm »
I don't care either way, but I'll help with the list:
All Die-Hard and one-ring boss levels are repeats, as well as Boss Showdown.
However, Perfection is debatable....
Retired from Colors DS.
nah jk I can't quit

Offline SB737

« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2014, 05:53:00 pm »
http://pastebin.com/2xa8rZ2f
My proposal of the missions to be added (It's actually the same as what CyberScore have up), unless anyone wishes to keep them specifically, I would propose that the Perfection missions be removed, as anyone who does a decent speedrun of a time attack stage doesn't take damage in it, so they probably shouldn't be added.
Current Championships: Sonic 3

<CodeGirl> [-New Record-] Zeupar got 1:21:25 on SAdva / Times / Egg Rocket 1 (Tails)
<SonicBoom737> I hate you Zeupar
<Zeupar> I love you SonicBoom737, though <3

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2014, 08:22:43 pm »

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2014, 08:25:54 pm »
Before we make a regrettable mistake:

http://www.soniccenter.org/rankings/sonic_rush_adventure/extra

SG3DS saves mission stats, and not only does SRA not do that, you barely have enough time to see what your stat was.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2014, 08:39:22 pm »
But there's also simply this:

Pointless it not necassarily pathetic, as it addresses and makes sure we don't make the same mistake we made in Sonic 06/SRA in listing every single fucking chart possible. Mind the swearing, i just hate SRA Extra >_> If the chart is necassary so that we have an all-round competitive game, then we should put it in; If the chart is pointless and would possibly stop people submitting to that game (i'll use SRA Extra for an example here), then we should not put it in.

This holds quite a bit of water considering there's like 5 people who actually managed to submit to every SRA extra chart.

And even still, there's the Sonic '06 missions. Loading times aside, not many people care much for competing for the side content -- certainly not enough to warrant a late chart mashup.

Offline Diamond

• Diamond in the sky
  • TSC Profile
  • iphone safari
  • "I never want to hear you say goodbye"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2014, 09:58:34 pm »
To be honest, these charts would probably deter people from really competing at the game, because there are so many and they are tedious to unlock, but they will be worth quite a lot because of the sheer number of charts, so eh.
If these had been there when I first started, it would maybe have deterred me a bit....
Just stating this objectively.
Retired from Colors DS.
nah jk I can't quit

Offline TheRealShadnic

• TheRealShadnic
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Hi! I am HC Sonic-fan, finally competing here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2014, 04:52:43 am »
Yeah tbh I'm not interested in the missions at all, even if I'm competing in the game. Haven't unlocked them all, and they seem like a bit of waste of time (imo).. And there are so many, it probably would only be those 3-5 people to ever submit those :/
FIRST ONE TO GET PLATINUM IN SONIC GENERATIONS!!!!

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2014, 10:37:04 am »
I know this might sound awkward, but what about adding just a select few missions -- ones that have more compelling competition value, and are among the easiest to access early?

I realize that the chart creation becomes a matter of opinion at that point, but it seems like a reasonable compromise. However, I am assuming there are enough -yet not too many- missions that fit the criteria.

Just throwing the idea out there, not really asking for it to happen, by the way.

Print

Hits: 627 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.25 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.