don't click here

Hey There!

Print

Author Topic: Hey There!  (Read 12430 times)

Hey There!
« on: December 11, 2011, 02:01:00 am »
Hi all, I'm a Sonic gamer (no durr) who likes speedrunning (another no durr).

I also like FPS, Mario, and basically any sort of game that comes my way. Oh, and books, LEGO, movies, etc.

So far, I'm the best Sonic player I know in real life, and have come close to beating some records. Of course, I never recorded them and those were back in Heroes/Adventure/2. Now, I'm not so much focused on speedrunning as I am finishing levels with style or a crazy way to bypass a level. I'll try to get a vid up to show what I mean. Occasionally I pull the "OMG HE'S GONNA DIE" stunt, like in Final Rush or Rail Canyon.

So yeah, hi.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Re: Hey There!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:26:31 am »
liar

Welcome, and read the rules before you submit!

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline DATBOI | War Anvil

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:07:51 pm »
Hi all, I'm a Sonic gamer (no durr) who likes speedrunning (another no durr).

I also like FPS, Mario, and basically any sort of game that comes my way. Oh, and books, LEGO, movies, etc.

So far, I'm the best Sonic player I know in real life, and have come close to beating some records. Of course, I never recorded them and those were back in Heroes/Adventure/2. Now, I'm not so much focused on speedrunning as I am finishing levels with style or a crazy way to bypass a level. I'll try to get a vid up to show what I mean. Occasionally I pull the "OMG HE'S GONNA DIE" stunt, like in Final Rush or Rail Canyon.

So yeah, hi.

So you do TASing without frame-advance or savestates?  Huh.

Anyway, I warmly welcome you to TSC.  Good luck, and I hope you have lots of fun competing!
Hoo~!

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:19:18 pm »
Where does it say about TASing?

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline DATBOI | War Anvil

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:30:43 pm »
Where does it say about TASing?

Breaking the stage just sounds a lot like TASing.  I know it from watching other TASers in action.
Hoo~!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:58:52 pm »
Just because a TAS frequently break games doesn't mean that it's the only way to break a game (Most speedrunners have been known to break games quite thuroughly) and it doesn't mean that all TAS's do.

TAS just means "Tool-Assisted Superplay" or "Tool-Assisted Speedrun".  A TAS without tools is, thus, not a TAS.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:37:50 am »
I think he means that our top runs (shown in the videos) tend to have the quality of TASes, despite the fact that the TA is missing and that they're really just pure Ss.
But in any case, hello and welcome to the site!

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »
Yeah, breaking games is basically sayin f*** you to Isaac Newton, despite the fact that you are breaking game physics, not real physics(I don't believe that he was a physicist, but, oh well XD). In any case, you just do glitches that really screw up normal gameplay, that's what's called breaking a game. TASing is getting runs much closer to perfection than a normal human can do. Although, TASers find intersting glitches, like the new shortcut Rene Balow found in his SADX Sonic's Sky Deck TAS

Print

Hits: 491 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.