don't click here

May I be unbanned please?

Print

Author Topic: May I be unbanned please?  (Read 25212 times)

May I be unbanned please?
« on: October 27, 2011, 08:16:26 pm »
I'll go ahead and make a new topic here.

So yeah, I was banned from submitting because I had never proved any of my stats, and yes I did have loads of time to prove them, and never did. That is because I barely understood the site ( :P ) and never really went to the forums. Now I understand the site, and I can prove every stat I submit. The problem being, I'm banned.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused in the past, I'm hoping I will be unbanned and allowed to submit my stats. Everything submitted will have legitimate proof to go with it.

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: May I be unbanned please?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 06:50:15 pm »
Well, the least you guys could do is post in this topic. I understand how many people try to get unbanned, and fail, but you should at least give ptorflaxendrosis enough respect to post here, saying what you have to say. I'm sorry if you find me retarded that I'm posting here, but I dont find it right. That would be two failures of notifying him. These types of forums are for saying what is needed to be said, not blatantly ignoring the person because you feel like it. Give me as much shit as you want, this is my belief.
Edit:
1. You may not start a topic in here without approval from myself, or if I'm not available Thorn, Zeupar, or SpinDashMaster. Contact us in the chat, or via private message to discuss this. Any topics not approved will be deleted on sight.
So, if you aren't abiding by this rule, why should he even be banned in the first place. If this rule isn't being enforced, why is the other one? Unless SonicAD hasn't been on, I don't see the why one rule is enforced while the other is over-shadowed? So, who is taking care of these forums? Or ar they even taken care of at all? That's my question.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:58:31 pm by Gamepro011 »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 07:14:30 pm »
>no-one posts
>thinks we're ignoring
>doesn't realise we have our own lives outside of TSC

Before trying to bring your own agenda onto the site, how about properly waiting for someone to comment here? Usually it takes a week for someone to post, if at all.

Now because i'm not an admin, any comments i make on this subject are likely to be overlooked/ignored. However, by the sounds of it, he actually did bs his stats and was instantly banned due to them being bs. Now because of this, he hasn't made a concious effort to prove stats over the time he has been banned, he hasn't used another site (that we have been shown) as an outlet for said proof , and furthermore, as far as we're concerned, he hasn't even done anything extraordinary. Just two posts asking to be unbanned. That's enough to keep you banned for a long time, because people who try and get unbanned by asking are annoying and end up being untrustworthy due to the fact of admitting to bsing. So either prove that we can trust you, or leave.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 07:23:04 pm by Luxray »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Parax

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:27:23 pm »
For the record, he wasn't banned for just not proving stats. He was banned because at least 5 of his 11 submitted stats in SA2 were BS.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 07:31:31 pm »
I personally know him, he has some videos of his times recorded with my dazzle and I'vee seen all of his times.they ARE not BS >_>

metal hardor m3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55nbcq0-4qA

best route 101 m1 time that hes reocrded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1a_TDRxOGY

green hill no A button http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYFa0iu8y3o just to show hes really good with sonic
"Sonic Heroes is a bad game" - me (daily)

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 07:38:58 pm »
I have my own life, too, ya know. And I know you guys have been reading this topic a lot, yet no one said anything to him. That isn't entirely plausible in any way. I also don't care if he gets unbanned or not, my point is that one rule is followed while the other isn't. That also isn't plausible, I believe. If you have time to ban him, you have time to delete posts. If 90+ people have time to read this topic, they have time to say "You will not be unbanned" in a post or PM. I hate that us lesser members are over-shadowed by the larger members, like DsS(no offence to the ulmighty competitor XD), and nothing is ever done unless those members post, even if the post may change something. It doesn't surprise me, but it shows that no one cares about us at all, and that isn't right.
[Edit: itsPersonnal, it's no use. That won't get someone unbanned. They did give him sufficient time to prove his stats]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:02:44 pm by Gamepro011 »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 07:51:34 pm »
I have my own life, too, ya know. And I know you guys have been reading this topic a lot, yet no one said anything to him. That isn't entirely plausible in any way. I also don't care if he gets unbanned or not, my point is that one rule is followed while the other isn't. That also isn't plausible, I believe. If you have time to ban him, you have time to delete posts. If 90+ people have time to read this topic, they have time to say "You will not be unbanned" in a post or PM. I hate that us lesser members are over-shadowed by the larger members, like DsS, and nothing is ever done unless those members post, even if the post may change something(hint, hint). It doesn't surprise me, but it shows that no one cares about us at all, and that isn't right.
[Edit: itsPersonnal, it's no use. That won't get someone unbanned. They did give him sufficient time to prove his stats]

Yeah okay, notice how many guests are online. Usually the thing that gives views are guests. This topic has a lot of views, however it's so low on content, that probably only 10 regular members have seen it. Also don't use that 'larger member' bullcrap on me. DsS, and all the top competitors all adhere to the rules. 'Lesser Members' are given as much right as everyone else.

Also just so you know for future reference, deleted posts are put into the Sonic '06 Appreciation Land forum (previously known as the Archives). No thread/post is removed in its entirety.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:37:55 pm »
May I ask why this topic wasn't viewed until I posted in it?ptorflaxendrosis started this topic, but when I posted in it, a lot of users started viewing it. Is that fair at all? Because my post gets an immediate response by users, as his only attracts guests. So, if you guys were online, it would've been fair to say that, if you guys don't notice this topic, then you either have already viewed the topic, or completely ignored him. Not even to tell him that he wasn't getting unbanned, like what has happened when others have asked a similar question(if I recall correctly). I just think that even these topics shouldn't be ignored, and tell the person what should be said(via PM, considering the rule), going back to my original point. So, Cruizer, being as smart as you are, tell me. Was he ignored, or are certain groups of members ignored? None of us are different from banned members, so you should treat them like you treat other members(in the forums, anyways).
Note: I understand that I've gotten so off-topic, but it is doomed to that "Sonic 06 topic thing"

Offline Luxray

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:38 pm »
Most likely, the topic, not him, was ignored. Such a title for a post would make us jump to a conclusion that a banned member is begging to be able to submit again. We've had many of those topics in the past, and none of them have ever been unbanned. Most likely people have just ignored this because of aforementioned topics. Even i didnt look at this thread because of that reason. I only posted here because you, Gamepro, seem to be trying to do things to get what you want, even if it's to get a friend unbanned. You've even tried to make a glitch legit by completely bypassing a discussion about the glitch.

We are all different from banned members. When I said 'lesser members' in my previous post, I was referring to the unbanned people who are not the regular faces of TSC. People like SonicandInuyasha for example. Banned members are not the same, they have been proven to be illegitimate, and cannot be trusted.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:52:42 pm »
ok well sorry about this whole topic thing then, I'm the one that told him to make it >_> I know most of the times are real (and thought they all where >_>)

I still would like to see im unbaned, and given another chance. but then again, I understand 100% why hes now not going to be aloud to post his stats anymore.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 09:58:13 pm »
This is just the tip of the iceberg, actually. Those are simply his 2 last-submitted stats. He's welcome to post on the forums or talk about strategy or link his youtube videos.

But, as it stands I need to hear from him directly about what stats of his are actual and which are typos/BS. Until then, the ban stands, without prejudice (This can be appealed in the future).

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:19:00 pm »
Alright, this certainly does not look good. Although, I would not just BS my stats intentionally, most likely typo's. It was a long time ago. My memory card was corrupt and had to be formatted, although I do have legitimate proof of some of my stats, and can be submitted accordingly.

As I said before, I don't understand this forum too well, so I did not know whether or not I needed permission to start a new topic, and/or where to start it. Again, I'm sorry. I was not aware of all the people that have tried to get themselves unbanned, so it makes sense that this topic was ignored, and I do realize that people on TSC do in fact have lives outside of the internet. I'm sorry if I seem ignorant, but I do see a reason for me to be unbanned.

I have a youtube channel with videos of a few of my speedruns, not all of them are my best though. I have some times (not many) saved to my memory card that I can take screenshots of. The BS stats were most likely typo's, and/or going by memory which was definitely a bad decision. I had no intention of starting such controversy over my stats, and definitely did not try to BS anything, it wasn't intentional. If given the chance to submit again, I will submit nothing but actual stats (no typos) with actual proof, I promise.

Once again, extremely sorry for causing such debate.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:24:38 pm by ptorflaxendrosis »

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 10:25:01 pm »
Nathan, you know that one black memory card I have with whiteout on it (don't ask >_>), that has your old 100% file on it, I may have some of your times that got corrupt

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 10:28:44 pm »
Maybe, although that wasn't the file I used for speedrunning. It was my old file with only 169 emblems on it, aside from green hill obviously, not that it matters really because if I'm not mistaken, my time for green hill zone back then was absolutely horrible.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56:56 pm »
Upon further inspection, you have a grand total of 5 out of 15 stats confirmed as BS by our database :

1:47 on (518) Sonic Adventure 2 (B) / Times / City Escape (Mission 1)
0:49 on (551) Sonic Adventure 2 (B) / Times / Route 101 (Mission 2)
0:43 on (609) Sonic Adventure 2 (B) / Times / Security Hall (Mission 2)
0:14 on (610) Sonic Adventure 2 (B) / Times / Security Hall (Mission 3)
0:32 on (638) Sonic Adventure 2 (B) / Times / Green Hill (Mission 1)

1 out of 3 is pretty bad. And a lot of members don't even get to be considered for unban with violations much lighter than yours.

However, I do want to give you the benefit of the doubt here. I believe that you probably did simply typo. And in your defense, there was no topic with "ATTN: ptorflaxendrosis" so I don't know if you were ever personally addressed before you were banned.

That said, this has to be done by the book. As I understand, you don't have any proof from these because you submitted from a corrupt file (as you said). I'll need to see videos that can show me you're capable of those times in which you submitted. They don't have to match the time exactly but they do need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you're capable of something close to what you did.

I'll give you ample time to do this. I think 2 weeks is fair for 5 stats.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:56:17 pm by Zeupar »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2011, 05:32:18 am »
Cruizer, I do apoligize for my idiotic posts. Also, I never wanted ptorflaxendrosis unbanned, I just don't like people getting ignored, and that's how I was seeing it.
SpiDashMaster, ptorflaxendrosis was banned. He should be treated like the others. Let him prove his way out, not dig up his stats and decide again. He still was given sufficient time to prove his stats.
Anyways, anyone who has read my posts, be aware that I am an idiot, and jump into things before thinking clearly -_-'

It's fine, Just be more cautious when posting in the future, I don't really like seeing people being 'idiots' (quoting because they're your words, not mine :P) on the forums. And as SDM said, he's lucky since he didn't get a proper LD topic. Now that that's done, i shal refrain from posting since this is now somewhat of a proper LD topic.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2011, 12:10:50 pm »
Ok, SpinDashMaster, I agree with you, and thank you so much for considering my unban. Two weeks should be plenty, I will try my best. Although, like you guys said, I too have a life outside of internet, one that as of right now is full of distractions such as family, school, ect. That is by no means an excuse though. I'll do my best to get video proof for those 5 stats.

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 04:08:36 pm »
Ok, I've recorded these 4 videos, unfortunately, they have horrible quality... All of them beat the "BS" submitted times, except for 2, City Escape m1, and Security hall m3. Although they're within a second off. If you're curiosity isn't quite satisfied with these, I can try again to record them all, hopefully with better quality. Route 101 will be recorded tonight, I got 46.30 yesterday, but I'm not really satisfied with that.

Green Hill Zone, 27.89

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBsImbzSEo

City Escape, 1:48.30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBgK_8yIJnk

Security Hall m3, 14.69

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGYPN-R6Du0

Security Hall m2, 42.35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPZCv4bIIBw

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 05:26:17 pm »
old computer + movie maker + plus bad settings + poor editing + my dazzle + a gamecube + SA2B = that.

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 06:06:18 pm »
poor editing? The only editing involved in those videos is the deaths in CE.. The Settings for Movie Maker don't matter, it has a mind of it's own. Gamecube? What does that have to do with anything? I play on a Wii btw. I'm confused.

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 02:11:49 pm »
security hall m3 14.49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMxPXOwg1mo

beats my submitted time.

Offline Manic593

• TSC top...wait im not up there
  • TSC Profile
  • wii opera
  • why dream if it means nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 11:17:15 pm »
i dont remember which mission but i could never get into the stupid vault
MKWii
never go on at at midnight, the japanese will always win

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 10:57:08 am »
Manic593, not to be rude, but this is a topic that ptorflaxendorsis started to get unbanned, and, as I know, both of our posts are off-topic, and shouldn't be posted here. Technically, the only people tha should be posting here are ptorflaxendrosis, and the Mods, like SpinDashMaster.

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 12:22:58 am »
Route 101 m2 46.22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0pp2XsjGXc

That's the last of the times, assuming I don't have to redo CE.

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 10:28:10 am »
Ok so its been two weeks yesterday I believe, he has shown he can beat or come very close to all the times there, can he please be unbanned now?

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 07:48:02 pm »
Yeah, it seems only fair to me.. Although, I'm not sure if anyone's been online/cared enough to look into this topic recently.

I beat all the times except for City Escape, but I can redo it if necessary.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 04:13:19 am »
You're all set. Welcome back.

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 12:02:45 pm »
Thanks! :D

Print

Hits: 438 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.18 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.