don't click here

Cyan Super Emerald Challenge

Print

Author Topic: Cyan Super Emerald Challenge  (Read 10293 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Cyan Super Emerald Challenge
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:34:47 pm »
This is the end of the line. Your wait is over. I hold here in this post the last piece to complete the set.

To those of you pursuing the last of these challenges, to those of you staring out, to those of you who came to spectate, I give you my gratitude. I wanted this final version of the Emerald Challenge series to be my best, and I feel that it is. It couldn't have been this way if it wasn't for the fans, and certainly if not for Flying Fox and werster stepping in during my hour of need. I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

As you all know, the theme of Endeavor will disable a key aspect of gameplay, demanding the player to engineer techniques to overcome obstacles that were once generic passageways.

In 2006, my Cyan Super Emerald became the most famous, particularly for its absurd difficulty index. No one was able to submit an entry; not even the best of the best from TSC could solve it, until I provided a solution video. Since this has always been such an intriguing and memorable theme, I elected not to deviate it, either.

Your final challenge takes us back to basics, to what is notably my favorite level from any Sonic game ever. As if it wasn't bad enough that Sonic 1 has such a minimal skillset, once I take away the only thing you have, you'll be grasping at every tool you can to help you succeed.

You will be constantly compelled, from the first three seconds of this level, to even after the boss fight is over and Robotnik has left. There are several areas in which, should you fail to snag the opportunity, you will be forced to concede defeat.

I warn you, challenger: plan this run before you attempt it. The only way you will earn this last piece of the set is to show me you are truly worthy. Plan the route. Perform the moves. Prevent disaster.

Good luck to you in this final challenge, and farewell to the Emerald Challenge series!

Cyan Super Emerald Challenge: In Sonic the Hedgehog, Complete Star Light Zone, Act 3 using only the D-pad buttons.

Jumping is not allowed. If you jump at any time during your run, it is invalid.

The challenge is complete when you step on the capsule to complete the act. You may stop recording then.

Offline Zorkiy

Re: Cyan Super Emerald Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 11:06:12 pm »
Did it. Cool challenge as always.

<Congratulations on being the first to solve this. You've really come a long way in displaying amazing feats here, and you certainly impressed me with your final run. -SDM>

<As a note to those who wish to view this .giz file, please note that you must use turn off Auto-frameskip or else it will desync.>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:49:55 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline werster

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:18:38 am »
Guess I'll post my displeasing efforts.

<Congratulations, werster. I hope you've enjoyed this series as much as everyone else has, and that in your eyes, this series has been given justice. Afterall, it was you and FF who wanted to see this series most. Thanks for all your help. -SDM>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:30:33 am by SpinDashMaster »

Offline Rusty Rom

• Diamond Smasher
  • TSC Profile
  • android chrome
  • Pro Brasilia fiant eximia
    • View Profile
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:00:40 pm »
This one has a special meaning for me, since I'm the main responsible for the inclusion of youtube vids for this EC series, maybe if it wasn't for my determination console players like me couldn't do these awesome challenges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJxHilpcVM

P.S. This challenge was very fun to do, even though it only took me literally 2 attempts for doing it (and recording it).

<I'm glad you enjoyed this. The fun factor's really important to me with this series. -SDM>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:30:58 pm by SpinDashMaster »

Print

Hits: 248 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.00 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.