don't click here

A possible SADX RA Glitch. Legit or No?

Print

Author Topic: A possible SADX RA Glitch. Legit or No?  (Read 4305 times)

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
A possible SADX RA Glitch. Legit or No?
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:24:07 pm »
Recently, I found a glitch on Sonic Adventure DX that allows you to carry over rings from a previous stage in Adventure Mode. Basically, what you have to do is jump above a ring capsule or be by rings with an electric shield, pause the game, and exit the stage. Exiting the stage resets your ring count, but rings collected after the count is reset are carried over to Adventure Mode, and can be added to the ring total at the end of the stage that you went to.[Note: I use the 360 version, so I have no idea if this works on the other versions]
Now that the explanation is out of the way, would you guys consider this legit? I mean, you may be carrying rings over, but you didn't collect the rings from an Adventure Field.
What are your thoughts on this, guys?
[Edit: This has been solved, as the rules clearly state that carrying over rings in an Adventure Field don't count. Feel free to post your thoughts, anyways, though.]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:09:30 pm by Gamepro011 »

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
Re: A possible SADX RA Glitch. Legit or No?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:29:27 pm »
From the sounds of things it sounds like you have a ring count in the adventure field before you re-enter the stage.  Which is still a ring count from the adventure field.  Or am I mistaken?
Hi

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:34:41 pm »
You are basically right. I just want to know if this will slightly change the rules or not(which is possible when a certain glitch or trick is found, and that's the case here, but only a possibilty). To be more specific, whether to allow this, or rule against it. Of course, the rule is quite clear, but, you never know, so that's why I posted.

Offline Parax

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:34:56 pm »
The rule is that rings may not be carried over from Adventure Field to a stage, it has nothing to do with where you picked up the rings. This is already against the rules.

Offline Gpro

• win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 01:40:40 pm »
Okay, now I know. Well, I guess my Knuckles Sky Deck RA has to be changed, since there isn't any possible way that I could have gotten those 4 extra rings , except by this glitch(which I didn't know about at the time). I'll get that fixed. Thanks
[Edit: I am glad that I know this, now. I had been wondering about my ring count in said chart. The numbers never added up, so I knew that something happened, and the glitch stated previously is what happened]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:14:52 pm by Gamepro011 »

Print

Hits: 852 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1007.31 KB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.