don't click here

Skipping the Door in Lost World

Print

Author Topic: Skipping the Door in Lost World  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Redd

Skipping the Door in Lost World
« on: June 30, 2011, 01:41:06 pm »
I can execute the first several shortcuts easily and get to the door in a pretty good time. But how the heck are you supposed to skip it on the first try? It usually takes me about twenty tries to do it, which ruins my chance of a good speed run. I just downloaded the game so I don't have the ancient light power up yet, if that makes any difference, which I doubt. Help?

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Skipping the Door in Lost World
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:16:08 pm »
There isn't a sure-fire way to skip the door on your first try, except gaining speed using the Jump Dash and ledge, then Spin Dash towards the corner, but you must adjust the Camera to do it[even in Free Camera]. I don't think that any of us, whether it is Crydio, Jawzun, or myself, can do it on our first try. Just gather a lot of lives, finish a level, then do Lost World.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 04:37:52 pm »
[10:57:46] <+Groudon> He's lying.
[11:05:31] <+Groudon> By the time you reach Lost World, you already have the Ancient Light.

*Cough*
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:15:42 am »
That was my immediate thought, "how the flip would downloading the game get you to Lost World without Ancient Light?!"  Unless there's a second way into Red Mountain...
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 09:22:37 pm »
Totally[Edit:not] off topic, but there isn't any way into Red Mountain without the Ancient Light. I've tried numerous times and failed every time. The only way to get to Red Mountain is to destroy the monkey in the cage. Unless you can figure out a way to do that without the Ancient Light, it isn't possible. If you could, we could skip the Light Dash copletely, as it is possible to get through the rest of the game without it, and would make Time Attack in Sky Deck so much easier XD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:44:05 pm by Gamepro011 »

Offline Redd

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:59 am »
Upon further thought, you're right. XD I did get the Ancient Light, but not the Crystal Ring. Although, something was leading me to believe that the Ancient Light was found in the Ancient Past. Oh well. Yes, I'm now aware that it's the only way I got into Red Mountain. :P

Offline THC98

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »
The secret to skip the door is do a Spindash jump so close to this point in the screen:

Remember to change to Auto Cam to make it easier!

Hope I helped you!

Print

Hits: 365 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.