Sonic Central > Chaos Emeralds

Blue Chaos Emerald Challenge

(1/5) > >>

SpinDashMaster:
No, I didn't give you a forward announcement.
No, I didn't start with green this time.
No, this challenge isn't as easy as my usual chaoses, but it's still easy by TSC standards.

This season, things are changing. Every challenge I offer to you will be brand new. No recycles.
To those of you who are new to Sonic gameplay, you've come to the right place. This set of challenges is designed to get you accustomed to the standards of difficulty at TSC. This means I'll be breaching an old rule of mine: glitches will be allowed at your disposal, and sometimes they'll be outright necessary!

I have a new assistant on staff: Flying Fox. She and I will be here consistently to award your emeralds. However, I will only keep one challenge color open each week. So, you'll have to make the cut and earn the emerald before I release the next challenge. This should help to cut down on our workload.

If you have any questions, post them on the Emerald Challenge forum, and we'll get it answered ASAP.

Make sure you read the Emerald Challenge Ground Rules before you submit.

Enough blabber already... let's get to the challenge!

I'm changing the color order up to keep things fresh. That, and I accidentally started with the concept design using blue instead of green. So we're starting with blue until I get Green composed. Complaints for that can go to Thorn.

For those of you who don't know: Blue's theme, Calmness, is designed for keeping our competitors calm under pressure. It "usually" takes them underwater for that reason. Once again this is no exception. I've taken what would otherwise be a challenge worthy of being a 2006 "Master Emerald", but included a clause that you will easily understand and take advantage of if you take enough time to think about it. Have fun, and good luck!

Blue Chaos Emerald Challenge: In Sonic the Hedgehog, complete all of Labyrinth Zone in a single recording, without breathing an air bubble. You may die up to two times in your run. A third death makes the run invalid.

werster:
Emerald challenges! Ya'll get psyched, ya hear!

Oh wait never mind its labyrinth. LAB 3 IS A FUCKING FUCK SHIT!!!

for the initials.

<Great job. Added a small snippet in your post so everyone knows what to do in reply. Also lolspikedeath. -SDM>

Miles9999:
One death on L3 because I suck. >_> Oh well.

Edit: Er... Didn't see the edit with the initials thing before. What's the limit?

Edit2: werster said it was 3, which makes no sense because it was 5 when these were originally around. :( I guess I'll go with my actual initials then ().

<Impressive route plan! I especially liked your innovation in Labyrinth 3. -SDM>

SpinDashMaster:
And I'm posting my own run for the sake of displaying the "easy way" for those who don't want to be so stunt like. I'm really liking how there's a lot of different solutions for this run, each being about equal in difficulty.

Selphos:
Fuck yes I managed to do this without looking at any other runs

It is full of fail, however, just a warning. BUT I COMPLETED THE REQUIREMENTS. Which is pretty good for someone who can't remember the last time he played a Genesis game, methinks.

SEL for the initials, pl0x.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version