don't click here

Sonic Generations - The Next Sonic Game

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations - The Next Sonic Game  (Read 146702 times)

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic Generations - The Next Sonic Game
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2011, 11:08:25 am »
Damn you, Zorkiy. But yeah the new Dreamcast Era trailer showing Speed Highway, Seaside Hill and City Escape came out not so long ago.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2011, 02:17:01 pm »
I'll leave this here and this here.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2011, 03:55:56 am »
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »
That music ... that ... music ... sexy as hell ...
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2011, 08:58:18 pm »
lol at classic Sonic using wisps. Would it be funny with you get a color bonus after you beat the level.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2011, 06:45:10 pm »
Dunno about you guys ... but I don't think I was expecting that.  'tis awesome though, and fits with the game a lot more than the ACTUAL Sonic Vs. Silver match...
My presssioussss....

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2011, 06:34:19 am »
Boss Trailer

Shows all the bosses including the big baddie.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2011, 11:32:56 pm »
Footage from CNET (you can of course go to CNET.com and download the video or use their embedded player). Aaron Webber shows off three acts we haven't seen before, and plays two other acts and a boss.

I did not know it was possible to have paths cross in as many ways as Generations does for Modern Sonic. The Act 2 levels we've seen to date have been fairly linear, but the ones in this video are insanely complex.

EDIT: Holy fucking shit, the first modern level shown (avoiding the spoilers that you all probably know anyway) uses a riff from the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games version of the tune. That is obscure as hell but I love it. <3
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 11:43:37 pm by Thorn »

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:13 pm »
HOLY FRICK
HYDROCITY REFERENCE
*dies*

EDIT: And halfway through the modern Seaside Hill level I suddenly realized I was listening to the Ocean Palace music ... well played, Sonic Team, well played ...
My presssioussss....

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2011, 11:14:42 pm »
tl;dr version in last paragraph.

So FKE told me earlier that the Sonic News Network had an edit done to its Generations article saying that a demo may release on Wednesday, October 19th, after an announcement at the French Micromania Games Tour. I checked the page and it wasn't there, but it was in the article's history. I searched Google for the event and found a video of a Generations playthrough (the audience boos quite loudly when the player gets hit from a Crabmeat in Act 1 :P), and clearly heard "19 Octobre" mentioned, but couldn't make out the rest due to the recording quality. Somebody better versed in French than me heard the video and was able to interpret more of the sentence as "Il y aura une autre demo qui va sortir le 19 octobre sur PS3 et Xbox 360...", which indeed translates to "There will be a demo released October 19th for PS3 and Xbox 360".

tl;dr We could get another demo on the 19th, unless the commentator for the event was mistaken or the translators misheard (as the audio is pretty bad). Most people are expecting it to be Green Hill 1 and 2. The only thing making this all seem fishy is that the event supposedly ended on October 7th, so the delay in the news seems rather strange. Also, look how the SEGA forum members tear an innocent new member a new asshole for stating this possibility without the source.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:53:22 am by Thorn »

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2011, 01:22:56 pm »
So remember that train of thought I posted a long time ago in my post just before this? Y'know, the one with French, that myself and many other people followed while others heckled because "lol @ French, it's all lies"?

It was right.

EDIT: The article was updated, now saying that the demo will release on the 18th instead of the 19th.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:24:50 pm by Thorn »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2011, 06:04:36 pm »
Bangin', looks like I'll get to demo this after all!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2011, 05:50:53 pm »
The demo's been on Xbox Live for about two hours. I'm sitting on 1:51.08 for Act 2.

Also, supposed credits music has been found in the demo via hacking, as well as the Classic Metal Sonic model. There's still more to come on the hacking front, of course.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 01:51:56 pm by Thorn »

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2011, 07:29:10 pm »
It's about time they made a modern Mushroom Hill remix, copying and pasting the genesis version is just lazy. I'm downloading the new demo on my brothers 360 right now. I can't wait the play it. I love the Generations ending music. It made me cry. thank you Sonic Team!!!
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2011, 07:00:12 pm »
I made a speed run for the demo. It's my first one so I hope it isn't too bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EAbjeq-Eog

You can also find my classic run on my profile on Youtube, although it was from June.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2011, 08:02:44 pm »
Heads up, Steam just started pre-purchasing for Sonic Generations.  Pre-order bonus is free copies of S3K and S3D.

EDIT: Since when is a Sonic game considered "Strategy" and "Casual"???  I can kinda-sorta understand strategy in Colors, but ... what??
My presssioussss....

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »
I love the new demo. My best time for Modern Green Hill is 1:51:62.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »
Since when is a Sonic game considered "Strategy" and "Casual"???  I can kinda-sorta understand strategy in Colors, but ... what??

Bitches don't know 'bout TSC.  If they did, they wouldn't dare think Sonic is Casual.

Strategy I don't know... don't they have a platformer tag?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Luxray

« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2011, 11:57:41 pm »
Action Adventure is actually closer then Strategy Casual. That's pretty messed up right there.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Anon7906

« Reply #111 on: October 22, 2011, 12:39:06 am »
Forgot I had an account here.  Dat modern Sonic demo.  Kirby and Paraxade man.  If they just drifted correctly near the end they could make my time look free.  D:  Damn, back to the drawing board now.  I thought I broken the demo's spell, but now I have to go back in.  I'm gonna spend the majority of my day tomorrow on dat shit. 

Offline Parax

« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2011, 12:49:28 am »
Forgot I had an account here.  Dat modern Sonic demo.  Kirby and Paraxade man.  If they just drifted correctly near the end they could make my time look free.  D:

What's wrong with our drifting near the end? o.o

Offline Anon7906

« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2011, 12:56:50 am »
Forgot I had an account here.  Dat modern Sonic demo.  Kirby and Paraxade man.  If they just drifted correctly near the end they could make my time look free.  D:

What's wrong with our drifting near the end? o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5x_pSPm28

The only reason my time is anywhere near yours is because drifting only makes you faster if you drift against a wall.  Drifting against the left wall before the trick ramp is much faster than drifting normally through the turns.  Both you and Kirby had me outpaced by a second straight throughout both of your videos, but that's when I caught up. 

Offline Parax

« Reply #114 on: October 22, 2011, 01:07:22 am »
Weird, the reason I drifted that way is because I thought if you hold one direction for too long there the drifting completely breaks and you start running into the wall.

Offline Anon7906

« Reply #115 on: October 22, 2011, 01:34:38 am »
Weird, the reason I drifted that way is because I thought if you hold one direction for too long there the drifting completely breaks and you start running into the wall.

Nope.  It all depends on the wall itself and and the angle of your drift.  At the point I'm talking about for example, you have to start your drift at the right time and hold the control stick at a precise angle.  Something like diagonal up-left, but closer to the left than up.  Starting it too early will cause the wall to push Sonic away and slow him down.  Drifting too tightly will cause Sonic's drifting to break and stop completely very early on, but if you drift correctly you should be able to make it almost all the way to the end.  It's as if the wall stops you itself if you don't drop the drift in time.  It's like Sonic Team made it that way on purpose.  Some walls are impossible to drift on like the walls before where you have to slide under rocks or at the part where you quick step because the game doesn't left you drift lol.  I've played the demo for almost three hours straight today.  xD   

Another weird thing I noticed was the wonders of the D-pad.  The D-pad can be used to move Sonic as well.  Omochao didn't tell you that shit, that little bastard.  Anyway, if you hold right with the D-pad before you hit the second speed strip with the pit of platforms and rails and short hop correctly (it seems like Sonic has two height variations on his short hop depending on how you tap the jump button) almost immediately after you hit that strip then Sonic will clear the gap completely almost every time.  The farthest I got was past the speed strips before the ramp once.  Never been able to do it again haha.  Using the D-pad instead of the control stick for the 2D sections seem to give you more hang time than normal at certain spots which can be useful and bad.  Also, I think the D-pad is better for tricks and switching rails.  =)         

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #116 on: October 22, 2011, 01:45:55 am »
This game is going to broken just like the 360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed. I can see it now.

Offline Anon7906

« Reply #117 on: October 22, 2011, 02:05:23 am »
This game is going to broken just like the 360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed. I can see it now.

Depends on the level design imo.  Infinite drifting no longer works because Sonic returns to his neutral position or power hops  before leaning to the other side which makes him slow down at least that's what I think.  If later levels have driftable (made my own word xD) walls and gaps to jump over with speed boosters then yeah I could see some cool stuff happening with some great times.  Also, I should try short hopping right before ending a drift on that wall to see if the speed carries through instead of Sonic gradually slowing down before hitting the ramp.  I'm shocked I never tried that yet lol.  Man if I turn on the Pimpstation 3 I'll be playing all night.  I better wait till tomorrow.   

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2011, 02:05:59 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9ZoRlYYVQ0

rooftop run modern gameplay. man this game just gets better and better.. two more weeks

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 23, 2011, 02:47:51 pm »
Is it the camera, or me, or does sonic look really different in that video? ALmost a different model.

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Print

Hits: 451 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.