don't click here

Sonic Generations - The Next Sonic Game

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Generations - The Next Sonic Game  (Read 146675 times)

Offline SonicandInuyasha

Re: Sonic Generations - The Next Sonic Game
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 05:05:47 pm »
looks like Sonic Generations is going to be for the Nintendo 3DS. :)
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:38 am »
Yeah, I hope we get it for the NGP too! take all my money SEGA!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 03:33:41 am »
Awesome stuff: watch the city escape vid with the CE theme instead of it's own music... it matches up eerily well. (thanks to kotaku readers for that, heh).

I'm not sure how I'll feel if they don't at least have an option to listen to the original music, actually.

A lot of people might whine about new content, but for me, if they bring back the classics, the nostalgia, and manage to not fuck up the controls/feeling along the way, I may have to give this one to them.

Regardless, City Escape looks absolutely amazing.  The screens they posted are just jaw-dropping, heh.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 07:36:17 pm »
...Dangit, Sega.  Thank you for finally giving me a reason to WANT a 360 <.<
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 03:20:43 am »
Okay so I went to that Sonic Boom event.  Fun stuff.  Let me put down some of my thoughts:

--------

Right off the bat I've noticed Classic Sonic's spindash is hold-charge based, instead of mash-charge based. >_>
Furthermore, you can use Square (No idea what the 360 version's button is, since I didn't touch the 360 demos, probably same as the boost button) to go straight into a spindash even if you aren't at a complete stop.  Obligatory BLASPHEMY!

I swear spindash jumping is harder.  Like "I can't actually pull it off instantly" harder.

Someone fell through the floor during the event!  This is truly a Sonic game, with the seal of Sonic Quality Approval
* Taillow shot
(This doesn't show it, but it happened just after this loop, during the spiral)

Uncurling's in there, yes.  But it seems to vary depending on how long you charge your spindash.  Charge it for a bit and it'll uncurl after a bit.  Charge for 1-2 seconds and it'll take longer to do so.  Directly related to speed I guess.  Or was it like that since Sonic 4 as well?  Anyhow.

I sucked.  I only got sub-minute <_<  I was fifth in their time-attack competition thing.  All the times that beat me only came during the last 30 minutes though so when I got back to it I couldn't retaliate fast enough.  I blame the lines.  And being overconfident enough not continue while thinking there aren't other people who'd match the pace >_>

--------

Modern Sonic!  They didn't run a Time Attack thing for this so I have less to cover here.

First off, it seems like you can't boost while on a rail at times.  Or some rails.  Or it's fickle I dunno.  Doesn't matter if you boost before them though.

Turning's as good as ever >_>
<_<
No idea if drifting's back.

It's your standard Modern Sonic, really.

--------

Sadly the demo only had Green Hill, and marked Classic Sonic as Act 1 and Modern Sonic as Act 2.  Not certain if that's how they're gonna do it in the actual release, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Dhaos, your Green Hill Classic Sonic target is under 50 seconds <_<
Or at least close.  I can see plenty of improvement, especially since I didn't optimize spindashes until it was too late.
Hi

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 04:27:30 am »
This game looks so awesome right now. I want a Ps3 just to get this game and maybe get the ps3 version of Sonic Unleashed too. How about the new Mario and Sonic game? I think it looks better then the first one. I hate the fact that there's no DS version. oh well, I'm still happy about this year for Sonic and even Mario.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 07:34:58 am »
^ I think the SU PS3 version is different enough to warrant it a purchase.

On topic: I just watched that demo. Hot damn, City escape looks absolutely beautiful both in 2D and 3D. Looks really fun and fresh enough while keeping the nostalgia factor. The changes made to the truck made me giggle though.

Also, just a reminder that SG is showing at E3 yet again today at 4:00 PM PT. Can't wait.

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 01:20:47 pm »
Dhaos, your Green Hill Classic Sonic target is under 25 seconds <_<

Fixed that for you.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 01:32:54 pm »
^ No, you're thinking the 3DS version of the stage, which actually is Green Hill 1 Genesis with 0:25 being the sweet time to get (or 0:24 if you're insane) :P

Also, since I'm posting here and Quartz didn't post any vids of Boom or Generations:
* City Escape Act 1 music, as performed at Sonic Boom. Accidentally or otherwise, notice what song the melody mimics after the first chorus (don't read vid comments, it'll spoil it).~ That, and the outro (which is in-game) is the melodic line from Escape From the City in Sonic Adventure 2: The Trial. All in all, fucking awesome.
* City Escape Act 1 from GameSpot.
* City Escape Act 2 from GameSpot
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:56:47 pm by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:37 pm »
lol I hear a bit of Sonic 1 in the song. Thats so awesome. Since the video looked like shit, was Takashi Iizuka and Jun Senoue there at Sonic Boom?

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 09:22:11 am »
3DS footage from E3
Big thing I wanted to point out is LAUNCH BASE BOSS ... ON THE DEATH EGG PLATFORM ... WITH MUSIC ...
My presssioussss....

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2011, 10:38:09 am »
One thing I noticed. (Want to post this here to prevent spoilarz) Is that Super Sneakers make a return. Near the end of City Escape - CLASSIC the box he missed is a Super Sneakers box. I wonder if other power-ups will make a return... Probably old though.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 11:43:47 pm »
Oh yeah the speed shoes.

There's some in Green Hill Classic, but I didn't think it was worth mentioning <_<
Kinda forgot that they stopped appearing in later Sonic games, felt so much like a staple of appearance.

Also I would have had videos if I had a video camera.
Hi

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »
My presssioussss....

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:24 pm »
That Steam thing is pretty old, but it would take one HELL of a computer to run it.

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 10:23:02 am »
360/PS3 demo of Sonic Generations confirmed.  Release date is tomorrow.

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 11:32:30 am »
^ better links

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/22/sonic_generations/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/22/heads-up-game-store-update-22nd-june-2011/

But yeah, fucking stoked. Celebrating the 20th with the mother flippin first stage from the game that started it all! this is really sweet =)

EDIT: Okay, so I have played it and while it did seem kind of different in some aspects compared to THE CLASSICS. I am starting to like it more with each playthrough. I just feel that we have seen GHZ stuff alot in the past so I would appreciate something more fresh but this definitely made the anniversary for me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:14:46 pm by SirJaden »

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 04:33:10 pm »
Just played the demo. The spin dash controls like Sonic Adventure (hold down spin dash button to charge instead of down+ button mash) and can be done while running so it can be engaged on the fly. This is a welcome change to the 2d Sonic formula. GHZ felt like both a remake and a remix at the same time. The visuals look great. I'm stoked for this game.
Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2011, 06:09:10 pm »
It's fun. Uploop jump isn't in but I don't miss it. Downloop jump is significantly harder.
The physics were well done even if they aren't exactly classic, even S1-3 had changes in the physics between them.
It's up to the level design now.

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2011, 07:50:13 pm »
For any PS3 users, custom music is supported =)

Offline Gpro

• TSC: Gamepro011
  • win10 firefox
  • It's okay; don't worry about it
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 02:26:41 am »
I can't download the demo[child account BS], but it isn't worth one level. I'll wait until Christmas ^_^ Also, I wish that Classic and Modern Sonic had multiple Acts on their stages. But we can't get everything, it already is good enough. I just can't wait for the release.

Wish list: Chao Garden[most likely not, but would be interesting?]
SADX Emerald Coast?
SA2 Final Rush?
SA2 Metal Harbor[please be in here, fav level]?
SG Green Hill Zone[lol jk]?
Stuff that only partially pertains to the topic:
The fat man in the red suit better bring these to me, or I'll bust down his door yelling "The PINGAS is a lie!"
Sorry about that. Christmas/Eggman joke. Someone had to XD

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 02:33:19 am »
I can't download the demo[child account BS], but it isn't worth one level. I'll wait until Christmas ^_^

Just make an adult account.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 02:34:40 am »
The level list has been leaked. Not going to post it here but it's not very impressive...

Hopefully we get more demos later that actually include Modern gameplay.

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 09:17:47 am »
I looked for the list out of my own curiosity.  'Tis here (spoiler warning), still only a rumor but it's something.  While I'm slightly disappointed at a couple omissions, the list is ... actually, exactly what I expected.  I'm still standing by the theory that other levels could very easily be added by DLC.  Also, the 3DS version will in theory have a different set of levels; I'm expecting them to go into the Advance and Rush games for that.  Oh, and the boss list couldn't be any more perfect...
My presssioussss....

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 08:04:11 am »
Clearer video of the classic version of City Escape:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyF_mi3ndI0&feature=player_embedded

LOVELY!

Offline Zorkiy

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 06:57:08 pm »
3DS Green Hill Zone Act 1 (E3 2011)
3DS Green Hill Zone Act 2 (E3 2011)
3DS Big Arm Boss Battle (E3 2011)
This footage was already posted, it's just higher video quality here.
Nice to hear this tune on Level Select screen btw. ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:11:11 pm by Zorkiy »

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2011, 08:39:04 am »
http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Xbox-360/Platform/Sonic-Generations/~r354824/?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-Digital-_-SonicInterview-_-Link

In Sonic Generations we have something that is good for everyone, and to see classic and modern together is a special, one-off event to celebrate Sonic’s anniversary. So it won’t be the standard format going forward.

Bahahaha. Retroers, your tears are delicious.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 02:38:16 pm »
^Maybe, but it depends on our market force.  Unfortunately, since the Halo Advent, people who like the game no longer influence market share, so we're left to how well it's built for morons, in addition to how good it is...

Doesn't mean we can't shock them and hope they keep retro sonic around.

Also, insulting any kind of sonic fan seems poor sport: Don't we already suffer enough from the things we love?  Do we need it from our enemies too?  It's like punching a victim of domestic abuse: the real torture is his or her passion~
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline SirJaden

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2011, 08:43:36 am »
^ Lol, I didn't really mean it as an insult. More like poking a joke at them since they thought this was the definitive return of classic sonic and how they brought him back cause modern was failing, terrible etc when it's just a celebration for everyone.

I personally think this whole thing is stupid, sonic is sonic and I like both his designs though apparently some people can't accept change and take it to extreme degrees. You're right, he may very will come back if the demand for him is high enough but it's highly unlikely imo.

I wouldn't mind if he would appear in the Sonic 4 episodes though, seems like a good idea.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 12:57:29 pm »
Metal Sonic returns as a rival!
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/13/metal-sonic-returns-as-a-sonic-generations-rival/

Thorn EDIT: For more detail, check here. OMFG CHIBI IS SO EVIL AND ADORABLE AT THE SAME TIME! or something.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:13:49 pm by Thorn »

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Print

Hits: 1,069 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.