don't click here

Registration Problems

Print

Author Topic: Registration Problems  (Read 20199 times)

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
Registration Problems
« on: December 30, 2010, 02:30:54 am »
The captcha on the new user registration page appears to be broken, and SMF 1.1 is old and dusty anyway. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to upgrade to SMF 2.0rc4, and hopefully that'll fix a ton of problems. :)

UPDATE [2010/12/30 12:46 PM EST]: SMF has been upgraded, but it seems that the captcha is still screwed up. There's also a bunch of other issues that need to be fixed, which I'll be doing today.

UPDATE 2 [2010/12/30 07:00 PM EST]: The bug was caused by an extra newline in one of the PHP files. This newline ended up showing up at the beginning of the image file. :( Registration is working again. (I'll re-add the registration questions later.)

UPDATE 3 [2010/12/30 07:30 PM EST]: The code for displaying the board index is completely different in SMF 2.0 compared to 1.1, so I won't be able to limit the board index to show forums from the specific subsite only right now. I'll have it working sometime this weekend. (Basically, this means the board index will show boards from all subsites, not just the current subsite.)

UPDATE 4 [2010/12/30 10:30 PM EST]: Most of the CSS is updated. There's a few known issues, which I'll get to this weekend. If anyone discovers any other bugs, please reply to this topic with a description of those bugs.

UPDATE 5 [2011/01/02 03:33 PM EST]: I re-added the registration questions. They're simple questions that pwn most bots, but should allow anyone with any knowledge of Sonic games to register. :P

Known bugs:
  • Stardust themes: Forum appears at the top of the page instead of below the page header. (2011/01/01 11:42 PM EST: Fixed in r1819 and r1820.)
  • Stardust themes: Extraneous boxes around <p> elements. (2010/11/02 01:03 AM EST: Fixed in r1826.)
  • Board index: Site mask isn't applied, so boards from all subsites are displayed regardless of user settings. (2011/01/02 12:16 AM EST: Fixed in r1821.)
  • Chaos Angel: Posts sometimes appear with a black background due to incorrect CSS ordering.
  • Long custom titles aren't properly wrapped in the profile section of message displays. (See SkyLights' custom title for an example.
  • The user profile display page needs work. (Text overlaps where it shouldn't.)
  • Player Matchup: An extra '/' is inserted between 'rankings' and the game name in the data table in the 'Level' and 'Division' columns, resulting in broken links. (2011/01/03 11:06 PM EST: Fixed in r1874.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:41:38 pm by GerbilSoft »

Offline Parax

Re: Registration Problems
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:49:25 pm »
On the board index everything is center aligned and there are tons of missing borders in Chaos Angel. Also this http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1919/smf.png

Offline yoshifan

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:23:03 am »
Go go Gerbil!  Great to see the progress.

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 11:41:47 pm »
Vertical positioning on the TSC4 Stardust themes has been fixed. :)

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 12:16:03 am »
The site mask on the board index works now. :)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:14 am »
Yes this may fix by refreshing, but so did the comment text of submissions and that &lt; stuff Fixed
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 02:59:30 am by Luxray »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 01:09:37 am »
Luxray: That might be caused by the background being set to black in the base CSS, and changed to the Chaos Angel color in the subskin CSS. I'll remove the black from the base CSS later and add CSS for the themes that do use black backgrounds.

In other news, I finally fixed the bug with errors not showing up properly. (It'd say "An error has occurred!", but wouldn't tell you what the error was.) Turns out I added a custom Errors.english.php to the TSC SMF theme, but didn't include the default Errors.english.php. (SMF won't include the default file if one's found in the custom theme.) I updated the custom Errors.english.php to require_once() the default Errors.english.php, and it all works now. :)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 01:10:27 am »
Ah okay, thanks.

Also this means we'll be told an error when posting?
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 01:15:47 am »
Ah okay, thanks.

Also this means we'll be told an error when posting?
Hopefully it will. That way, we can figure out what's actually causing the error. :)

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:58 am »
I added a hack to fix the extraneous boxes around <p> elements on Stardust themes. This also fixes alignment issues on both Stardust and Chaos Angel. (Notably, things that should be left-aligned are left-aligned instead of center-aligned, and the topic status icons legend now shows up correctly.)

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 10:00:31 am »
I'm just going to leave this image here for Gerbil:

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »
Yeah, I know about the div wrapping problems.

In other news, I fixed the scripts for the BBCode and Smiley buttons, so they now appear on the post reply/topic/etc pages. :)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 10:56:28 pm »
Ugly Emotes are ugly.

Nother issue: After choosing a player matchup, and then clicking on a level from it, we are given an extra / in the link, and a 404 results.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:00:34 am by Luxray »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline GerbilSoft

• TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 11:06:31 pm »
Ugly Emotes are ugly.

Nother issue: After choosing a player matchup, and then clicking on a level from it, we are given an extra / in the link, and a 404 results.

Bah, the reason why I didn't see this when you Paraxade mentioned it before is because I was looking at the end of the URL. The extra slash was between 'rankings' and the game name. It's fixed now.

Also, if you have any suggestions for better emoticons, feel free to post them in another topic. These are the SMF 2.0 default emoticons. (I may switch to the Trillian emoticons if I can find a copy sometime.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:21:30 pm by GerbilSoft »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 09:01:42 am »
A couple of suggestions now, one from Umbreon:

Having competition rules appear when you are submitting to a particular game, along with general rules.

And mine:

Putting SC & STT Maps on the site.

Also, got an error while posting this message in quick reply:
The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.

I had this window open for about a minute to type >_>
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Luxray

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 12:02:25 pm »
Another bug: People's avatars that may have been uploaded to the site, rather than linked, have vanished. Most likely due to an incorrect link. Fixed
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:01:40 am by Luxray »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Luxray

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:48:24 am »
http://jake.arch3r.net/public/invisible.bmp

Calendar lines aren't working in Chrome. Haven't tried other browsers.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 03:01:13 am by Luxray »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Luxray

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 02:59:01 am »
Yet another problem. Login seems borked on the main page, at the top right. Every correct attempt redirects to the login page, requesting that i fill in a username.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Print

Hits: 757 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.