don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog video requests

Print

Author Topic: Shadow the Hedgehog video requests  (Read 130119 times)

Offline OmegaDJ

Re: Shadow the Hedgehog video requests
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 07:16:19 pm »
I want Mad Matrix-hero-time and Cosmic fall-hero-time.
I realise you did these for rings, but I've always wanted to see a speedrun of these levels.

Um, I already did those. Check my channel (or the videos section for Shadow) to see the runs. Weren't you here when I said I got them done? 

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2011, 01:52:55 pm »
MAN I'm forgetful/stupid not to reread the topic. heh, sorry.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Paused

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »
I have a few other videos I would be intrested in seeing if your (or anyone else!) is still up for recording come summer.

Cryptic Castle,  Hero, Score/Time.
Digital Circuit,   Dark, Score.
Final Haunt,       Hero, Score/Time.
Black Doom,      Pure Hero.  (I know there is a video, but I was hoping for an updated one that isn't from a web cam if possible?)

Thanks again if you get around to doing any of these.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2011, 07:02:00 pm »
Cryptic Castle,  Hero, Score/Time.
Digital Circuit,   Dark, Score.
Final Haunt,       Hero, Score/Time.
Black Doom,      Pure Hero.  (I know there is a video, but I was hoping for an updated one that isn't from a web cam if possible?)

I'll time attack Cryptic Castle: Hero (while trying not to work up any dark points, though I'm not sure how I got the score record though chances are I was TAing to get it.)

For Final Haunt: Hero, the time and score records were obtained using different strategies, so I think I'll make a video for the time and a video for the score. (That's okay with you right?)

Consider these accepted, just be patient until I get to them. Also, Paused do you think you'll be submitting for Shadow? It just seems that you're the one looking for all the strategies (that aren't ring attacks.)

Also, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for requesting videos. Honestly, I didn't think I'd get any requests, but I was wrong (and I'm happy I was wrong in this case), and now I have lots of really cool vids up for Shadow (and a few for Heroes). Thanks guys.

Here's my current list of what needs done (just for my own reference):
GUN Fortress: Hero: Time
Air Fleet: Normal: Time
Air Fleet: Dark: Time (I vidded the wrong strategy, so it needs re-done)
Air Fleet: Dark: Score (Just to get my zero-point back)
Lava Shelter: Rings (If I get this done, I'll be happy)
Cryptic Castle: Hero: Time (and Score, but mainly Time)
Digital Circuit: Dark: Score
Final Haunt: Hero: Time
Final Haunt: Hero: Score
Black Doom: Pure Hero

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2011, 10:12:45 am »
And The Doom Hero(Time+Score) would be very nice too (I want to get 40500 in score, though I doubt I can do that :-))

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2011, 02:12:51 pm »
The Doom Hero(Time+Score) would be very nice too (I want to get 40500 in score, though I doubt I can do that :-))
Accepted. It will be a Time (I think I got the score with the time anyway.)

Also (on a random side note), I'll be deleting the partial videos of Cryptic Castle: 566 Rings and Mad Matrix: 566 rings, but the full videos are still available to view on my channel or the videos section.

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 12:16:07 am »
That's crazy. I always did it different from the time run, when I did score. I had the same way but a different stragety for a score run than for a time run (I shot 11 more Gun soldiers/robots to recieve 2200 points). OK, let's see.

Offline Paused

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2011, 05:53:35 pm »
Consider these accepted, just be patient until I get to them.
Yeah, no problem.  Your the one doing me a favor, I can wait till whenever.  Cheers again, again.

For Final Haunt: Hero, the time and score records were obtained using different strategies, so I think I'll make a video for the time and a video for the score. (That's okay with you right?)
Two videos for the price of one?  Yeah I can live with that...
And The Doom Hero(Time+Score) would be very nice too

Ha.  Oh yeah, that was yet another I was going to ask for.  I think you breath a sigh of relief though, I really think I'm dome after that one.

Also, I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for requesting videos.
(and a few for Heroes).
Oh wait...

Um... er... Chaotix, Time Lost Jungle, normal or Extra?  If you have time on everything else please?

Also, Paused do you think you'll be submitting for Shadow? It just seems that you're the one looking for all the strategies (that aren't ring attacks.)

Hmm... good question.  To be honest I am more intrested In just seeing other people play skillfully, as, whilst I am good, players like you are far better.  I have not done any speed running since my vodka filled student days when I was silly enough top get to thinking of doing a run of Sonic2006 for SDA.  I'll see what I can do to giving you a little competiton though.  I owe you one for these videos.

Thanks again, again, again for all these videos.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 12:34:56 am »
(and a few for Heroes).
Oh wait...
Um... er... Chaotix, Time Lost Jungle, normal or Extra?  If you have time on everything else please?
I'm not accepting requests for Heroes, but I guess I'll consider this (and ONLY this.) However, I can't remember my strategies for either mission, but maybe I can just make one up or something. This might get done or it might not get done.

On a side note: The only vids I really want to do for Heroes are:
Grand Metro: Dark: Extra (I say it needs re-done without pausing. Hopefully Sub 3:20)
Egg Fleet: Dark: Extra (Again without pausing, but want to vid a sub 6 run also.)
Hang Castle: Chaotix: Rings (partial) (this is just to show that back-track from the back-ring area to the actual level)

Not sure when I'll do those though.

Also, about the (over-use of) pausing in those vids. I'd like to apologize for that becuase it really doesn't make me look like a good player (in my opinion). Sure the strategies are good, but the pausing gets annoying (and honestly it justs make the videos longer than they should be.) At least when I did Frog Forest: Dark: Extra I didn't pause at all (which makes me extra proud of that run.)

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 07:12:48 am »
if you need help with lost jungle chaotix, I'm still around.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 02:22:06 am »
Ok, over the span of time, I will say that I have these:
Air Fleet: Normal: Time: 2:06:77(not bad, but it needs bettered)
Air Fleet: Dark: Time: 0:48:76
Air Fleet: Dark: Score: 57070

Now I was hoping to do some more this week (since it is my Spring Break) however, someone broke the new controller (that I just got in December 2010, 2 months ago (or should I say 3 months since it is March)). Now the C stick works, but whenever I turn with the control stick Shadow slows down (and what good is that for TAing?) Maybe I will get my own controller (so that no one else touches it), that way people can stop breaking the controller time after time. I'm pretty peeved that I just got the new controller and now it broke again. Life can be so rough (and stupid) sometimes.

Now if I do manage to get to these I will start with GUN Fortress: Hero: Time and Air Fleet: Normal: Time (I know I have a vid for Air Fleet: Normal, but I want to try to vid a new record. 2:05 or 2:04 should be possible here) and GUN Fortress: Hero should be able to sub 2:25 as well.

Lastly, I am closing requests for now and the reason for that is I don't want the work to pile up (seeing the work pile up stresses me), but I will open requests again, I promise.

Here is the list for what is getting done (it's pretty much the same as before):
GUN Fortress: Hero: Time
Air Fleet: Normal: Time
Lava Shelter: 449 Rings
Cryptic Castle: Hero: Time (and score in the same run)
Digital Circuit: Dark: Score
Final Haunt: Hero: Time
Final Haunt: Hero: Score
Black Doom: Pure Hero
The Doom: Hero: Time (and score in the same run)
Lost Jungle: Chaotix: Extra (I prefer extra missions, but I'm still not sure if i'll do this)
Hang Castle: Chaotix: Back-track (for 999 rings)
Grand Metro: Dark: Extra (re-do)
Egg Fleet: Dark: Extra (re-do)

Offline Paused

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2011, 05:47:41 pm »
I'm not accepting requests for Heroes, but I guess I'll consider this (and ONLY this.) However, I can't remember my strategies for either mission, but maybe I can just make one up or something. This might get done or it might not get done.

Good enough for me!  I knew I was pushing my luck when I asked.

At the risk of sounding redundant thanks again again again.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 12:26:07 am »
Hey guys, it's been a while (2 months pretty much.) I'm just here to say that I'm done with school so now I hope I can start to get these done (though I have no idea when I will upload.)

If you haven't checked the new records, then I'll have you know I got 2:21:66 on GUN Fortress: Hero (though Sub 2:20 is possible, but I can't stand this level and I was aiming for 2:21 at least and I got it which makes me happy (some what))

Also, if I have committed thread necromancy then I apologize (I guess).

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2011, 10:10:31 pm »
When do you upload the videos when you have them done? Just saying...
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2011, 11:22:50 pm »
I usually wait until I have the DVD filled with runs and finalized before I rip the footage to my computer. From there I rip, edit and upload. I just finalized a DVD today, here is what I got on it:
GUN Fortress: Hero: Time: 2:21:66
Air Fleet: Normal: Time: 2:05:80
Cryptic Castle: Hero: Time: 2:26:77 (and Score: 39240 in the same run)
Digital Circuit: Dark: Score: 36400
Final Haunt: Hero: Time: 2:29:71
Final Haunt: Hero: Score: 68960
Black Doom: Pure Hero: 0:03:74
The Doom: Normal: Time: 0:36:94

I feel very fortunate to have accomplished so much in so little time. I'm very happy that I filmed all these new records (though most of them can be improved.) I haven't ripped these to my computer yet, but it is on my to-do list. Also, it may be a while before these are uploaded because right now we have slow internet service (and every time I try to upload it fails), but we may upgrade to a faster internet soon. So try to be patient.

Next up on my list:
The Doom: Hero: Time (and Score hopefully in the same run)
Lost Jungle: Chaotix: Extra
Hang Castle: Chaotix: Rings (back-track tutorial)

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2011, 12:52:43 am »
I usually wait until I have the DVD filled with runs and finalized before I rip the footage to my computer. From there I rip, edit and upload. I just finalized a DVD today, here is what I got on it:
GUN Fortress: Hero: Time: 2:21:66
Air Fleet: Normal: Time: 2:05:80
Cryptic Castle: Hero: Time: 2:26:77 (and Score: 39240 in the same run)
Digital Circuit: Dark: Score: 36400
Final Haunt: Hero: Time: 2:29:71
Final Haunt: Hero: Score: 68960
Black Doom: Pure Hero: 0:03:74
The Doom: Normal: Time: 0:36:94

I feel very fortunate to have accomplished so much in so little time. I'm very happy that I filmed all these new records (though most of them can be improved.) I haven't ripped these to my computer yet, but it is on my to-do list. Also, it may be a while before these are uploaded because right now we have slow internet service (and every time I try to upload it fails), but we may upgrade to a faster internet soon. So try to be patient.

Next up on my list:
The Doom: Hero: Time (and Score hopefully in the same run)
Lost Jungle: Chaotix: Extra
Hang Castle: Chaotix: Rings (back-track tutorial)

I use a Dvd recorder to, but My videos look like shit. Your videos look great. :)
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2011, 12:55:50 am »
And The Doom Normal still can go lower? WTH - I got 0:48 and was very glad I got it that low.
And I also want to see how you get 68960 on Final Haunt Hero - I got 102400 once but with a stragety that isn't but should be banned from rules.

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2011, 01:25:57 am »
I use a Dvd recorder to, but My videos look like shit. Your videos look great. :)
Thanks!! Actually, I record my runs to VHS first and then I put them on DVD (I have everything hooked up special so I can do that.)

And The Doom Normal still can go lower? WTH - I got 0:48 and was very glad I got it that low.
And I also want to see how you get 68960 on Final Haunt Hero - I got 102400 once but with a stragety that isn't but should be banned from rules.   
You do know you can use the satellite laser to make a shorter path for The Doom right? (Or are me and my brothers the only ones aware of this strategy?) Also, care to share that (illegal) Final haunt hero score strategy. Anyway, you'll just have to wait until I rip and then find a decent internet connection. I have no idea how long the wait will be, so don't ask.

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2011, 01:28:11 am »
Thanks!! Actually, I record my runs to VHS first and then I put them on DVD (I have everything hooked up special so I can do that.)

You do know you can use the satellite laser to make a shorter path for The Doom right? (Or are me and my brothers the only ones aware of this strategy?) Also, care to share that (illegal) Final haunt hero score strategy. Anyway, you'll just have to wait until I rip and then find a decent internet connection. I have no idea how long the wait will be, so don't ask.
I record right onto a Dvd, When I mess up i just stop the recording.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2011, 05:28:20 am »
Hey are you still taking requests? I only have just the one. Also I'm sorry if I haven't done the shadow raing yet. At the moment I'm trying to finish this computer accounts course before either mike comes here to visit me or I go over to Australia with him. Once I'm in Australia which will be in the beginning of June I'll have plenty of time to compete then so I'll try and finish the shadow ring chart then :)

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2011, 11:18:23 am »
Hey are you still taking requests? I only have just the one. Also I'm sorry if I haven't done the shadow raing yet. At the moment I'm trying to finish this computer accounts course before either mike comes here to visit me or I go over to Australia with him. Once I'm in Australia which will be in the beginning of June I'll have plenty of time to compete then so I'll try and finish the shadow ring chart then :)

Are you referring to Lava Shelter? Because I did that or is there another one you want me to do. In regards to taking requests, I guess I will open them again since I got a ton of them done these past few days.

Note to all: Requests are open again.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2011, 11:22:29 am »
No not Lava Shelter it's rather from Sonic and the Black Knight. I always wondered how Camelot Castle - Rush Hour worked. Don't worry if you can't get close to the time you got, I'm just interested to see what the strat it please? :o

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2011, 11:32:40 am »
No not Lava Shelter it's rather from Sonic and the Black Knight. I always wondered how Camelot Castle - Rush Hour worked. Don't worry if you can't get close to the time you got, I'm just interested to see what the strat it please? :o
LOL I just sent you a PM about SATBK. Anyway, my Wii is not hooked up for recording (however I definitely would like to record some things from SATBK, so I'm for this). My only questions are: How should I hook everything up so I can record to VHS? I have a TV, a VCR and the Wii (of course) how should I hook everything up so I can possibly try to do this? Can you give me some help or tips?

Offline flying fox

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2011, 11:50:19 am »
Well I use a dazzle to record from my Wii so I don't really know. Isn't it possible to set it up just like your GC/PS2/whatever you use to play Shadow?

Also yeah I got your PM and I can still remember those strats. Once I've taken the test for part 2 of my course I shall hit up on those or I might try a bit earlier. I need to install pinnacle onto my laptop. I'll try and record them but it may take me a while to get them. It's been so long since I played SBK. If it takes too long I might just record the trick on Crystal Cave - Rampage, which is pretty hard. Maybe this time I can max it, I missed an enemy on there so it should be 83 :/

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2011, 12:17:05 pm »
Hmm, I'm sure it's possible, but I think I need another VCR so I can record. I did managed to hook a VCR to the TV, but when i hooked the Wii to the VCR it's not showing up anywhere (or the Wii Menu isn't showing up on any of the VCR channels) . Maybe I need a new VCR or something. We'll just have to wait and see for now. 

Offline flying fox

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2011, 04:38:50 pm »
While I was out today I thought of some more if that's ok:
1) Crystal Cave - Pass Through the Gate
2) Molten Mine - Pass Through the Gate
3) Crystal Cave - Chain of Rings (maybe)
4) Deep Woods - Ultimate Challenge
5) Molten Mine - Total Rampage

For your trouble and to say thank you for the Shadow videos I can take some more requests for SBK. I'm pretty sure there's some stats that aren't quite close to max yet :o

Also I was told that if you split the video and audio into two it should work when recording from the Wii.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:04:10 pm by Flying Fox »

Offline OmegaDJ

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »
If I can manage to begin recording on my Wii then I will do all those except for Molten Mine: Pass Through the Gate (I used shizzlee's 105 vid for reference to get 107.) Honestly, the other four I was going to do anyway (provided I can get everything working.) Although, can we please try to keep requests to Shadow the Hedgehog only (even though I'm getting requests for Heroes and Black Knight.) Remember this is the SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG video requests topic (lol). So only request Shadow stuff (please).

Offline flying fox

« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
Oops sorry but since you asked me about SBK I kinda got carried away x)

« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2011, 01:15:50 am »
You do know you can use the satellite laser to make a shorter path for The Doom right? (Or are me and my brothers the only ones aware of this strategy?) Also, care to share that (illegal) Final haunt hero score strategy.
Yes, I do know. Be careful you hit the switch that opens the door in front of the shadow crate from the other side. Then(and maybe also before) open up Hero Gauge with Heal Cannon and fire that's in your way. Time your CC right and there should be no trouble getting below 1 minute. But how to get under 0:45 is strange to my eyes... I'll wait till I watch the video.

OK, here goes the stragety for FHH Score: You don't have anything to do besides to kill the enemy that reappears again and again. It is after the 2nd check on the bottom the last enemy you see before going onto the path above. It only gives 150 points, but when you kill it very often, you can make the 100000 in under 100 mins(I got all the other enemies too, and I don't even know whether 99:59:99 is time over or not. If not, you can get indefine hero score.)

« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2011, 01:23:49 am »
Oh and since you didn't finish to make videos: Could you please also show Blue Falcon(Pure Dark) and Egg Dealer(Dark or Normal since I already got sub 1 min on Hero)?

Print

Hits: 267 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.