don't click here

Launch Base 2 Sonic Rings/Scores: Early Timestop

Print

Author Topic: Launch Base 2 Sonic Rings/Scores: Early Timestop  (Read 6044 times)

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Launch Base 2 Sonic Rings/Scores: Early Timestop
« on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:41 pm »
I'm gonna let the .giz file do the talking for me in terms of description, while merely highlighting the pigeonhole in the rules.

Stopping the timer using the LB2 Boss is banned in Times, but not rings or scores. The question is, since nothing is provably infinite here, should it be?

Things to note:

• Time stops early in LB2. This allows infinite time for ring attacking, as long as you know what you're doing and don't pop Sonic's only air source.
  • Slope glitch is used here, but that's already allowed. See: Launch Base 2 Knuckles/Tails, Ice Cap 1 Sonic/Tails/Knuckles.
  • There are two level clear screens that claim "Sonic Got Through Act 2," and both tabulate a ring and time bonus. Both are large quantities, albeit finite.

Offline werster

Re: Launch Base 2 Sonic Rings/Scores: Early Timestop
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 01:04:37 am »

• There are two level clear screens that claim "Sonic Got Through Act 2," and both tabulate a ring and time bonus. Both are large quantities, albeit finite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5FNNxhTT3Q anyone?

But yeah apart from that, rings can be maxed without it, and you can go timestop for score without it too. It'd be advantageous sure, but....I don't wanna do the run again :(

Print

Hits: 937 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 986.22 KB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.