don't click here

Project Needlemouse Faux Concept Art Challenge

Print

Author Topic: Project Needlemouse Faux Concept Art Challenge  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
Project Needlemouse Faux Concept Art Challenge
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:31 pm »
The reveal of concept art at the end of The Needlemouse Challenge from two weeks ago serves as the basis for The Needlemouse Challenge: Part II... the last part, for better or worse. Instead of days of tasks across several sites, we have one goal on one site: Submit over 100 pieces of fan art of classic Badniks to SEGA by Monday, February 1 at 10am MST. It doesn't matter how you do it, although they are of course encouraging creativity, and only one piece of art counts per person. The stakes? The game's true name, concept art of Zone 1, and another "bonus". Note that rumors have stated that Project Needlemouse has been called Sonic 4 within Sonic Team, so don't be disappointed if that's the game's name.

Some info came out today, as well. Concept art of a Motobug was revealed, and we were left with these words at the end of the blog entry:

Quote from: RubyEclipse
Speed is something that is not given; but rather earned through dedication. Speed is not found by simply pushing a boost button, but by building momentum. It is the reward for skill in the face of difficult challenges – this kind of speed is the most exhilarating, not only because it is fast, but because of the pure perfection such speed exemplifies. This is the truth of the original Sonic games – and this is the truth of Project Needlemouse.

What do you make of this? Are you intrigued, or are you FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFing?

EDIT: This. Just... this. SEGA's learning...

UPDATE: The goal's been met. SEGA's updated the blog with some new info: as you should already know if you recognized the first concept art as Shellcracker from Sonic 2 16-bit, this is not a Sonic 1 remake. SEGA felt like that had to be cleared up. Concept art will start to be revealed on Tuesday, February 2, along with prize giveaways. For every 50 pieces of Badnik fanart submitted after the initial 100, an extra bit of swag will be included in the giveaway. All of this is leading up to a "big" announcement come the weekend.

Of course, the most important bit of news from this blog is that MY MOSQUI MADE THE FRONT PAGE YYYEEEAAAHHH~
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:49:36 am by Thorn »
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Luxray

Re: Project Needlemouse Faux Concept Art Challenge
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:36:24 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if it was StH4. Plus i guess they're gonna make the first Zone with the "Green Hill" cliche. And to be honest, they have me sucked in already with that momentum piece.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 02:21:30 pm »
Fan art?  so... anyone else think I should submit my 3d works?
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 02:24:28 pm »
^ Go for it; they're accepting most anything. I just had an idea in chat that I'm trying to construct now.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:10:09 pm »

...and then P.P.A. realised that he had no idea of how to draw technology and mechanisms and thus lost interest.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 03:13:33 pm »

yes, I know it's not a badnik... and it doesn't have a windshield...

but it's well made, and it's not freehanded in paint... which I hope counts for something >_>
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 04:39:29 pm »
Well, isn't that something...

Bastard tried to impale one of my dogs today. Took a picture from afar, but in the end the thing was in the ground too well to free itself. I brought it inside after it ran out of power.

Alt commentary: MOSQUI STARES INTO YOUR SOUL

Offline Parax

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 06:45:42 pm »
I decided to give this a shot :P Not bad considering I've hardly ever drawn anything.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:33 am »

Unfinished, the colouring will be completely redone and details will be added. It's a bit unimaginative and I should probably draw something form a cooler and actually unique perspective but leave me alone I'm depressed
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:13 am »
I saw your mosqui, Thorn... it was fucking epic!

Print

Hits: 781 | Hits This Month: 5 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.