don't click here

Rules Revisions, & Marathon 2

Print

Author Topic: Rules Revisions, & Marathon 2  (Read 10402 times)

Offline SonicAD

Rules Revisions, & Marathon 2
« on: July 28, 2009, 10:41:21 pm »
The new rules committee (consisting of myself, Thorn, Zeupar, SadisticMystic, DarkSpinesSonic, Paraxade, and Spinballwizard) has gotten together and discussed some rule adjustments, which will go into effect forthwith:

General: "Statistics are taken from the time the timer stops" has "at the end of the level" appended to the end.
"In any game where there is a co-op mode, the 2nd controller may not be used."

Sonic 2 rings and scores: "For Knuckles charts, entering a special stage is not allowed, nor is dying after hitting a starpost." will be adjusted to "Entering a special stage is not allowed," and "For Knuckles charts, restarting from a starpost is not allowed."

The following two were in the rules previously but removed recently, and are to be restored:
Sonic 3: In Launch Base 1, you may not set off any alarm more than twice.
Sonic & Knuckles: In Lava Reef 1, you can't destroy a badnik which came from the same origin as a badnik you already destroyed.

Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2: "Emulation features allowing this game to be played in PAL are prohibited."

Knuckles Chaotix: "If Level Select is active, you may not pause the game while the screen fades."

Sonic Unleashed PS3-360: In "If you restart the level between the mission being completed and your time/score being saved, by dying or otherwise, your time doesn't count," "dying" is replaced by "selecting to restart."

For "You may not gain points from the same trick ramp more than once," "trick ramp" will be changed to "quick-time event"

Furthermore, charts for night level scores will be eliminated as soon as possible due to infinite score potential in the majority of stages.

In other news, flyby's Summer League is starting on Monday August 3rd at 3:01AM Eastern time, with the regular season running for 4 weeks. Check her post for more details.

Elsewhere, TSC Race Night will be racing Sonic's story in SA(DX) this Saturday the 1st at 7PM Eastern. and will then have another Sonic marathon on the 8th. Sonic 1, 2, 3&K again, but this time, you've gotta collect all 27 emeralds! Sonic alone in S2 and 3K. So get practicing folks, hope to see you there!

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
Re: Rules Revisions, & Marathon 2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 11:38:22 pm »
Dhaos is on the rules committee?!?!
I CALL BsS!!!
* Minus the Antiporcupine shot
Like the revisions though.  Still think the City Escape and Eternal Engine rules need help, but this is a good start.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 06:50:45 am »
A lot of scalping rules need to be reviewed.

Also, since I had to leave early, we should change "second controller" to make that rule for Sonic Advance 3 seem less ambiguous. "The second player may not be controlled except by the game's AI?"
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 11:35:50 am »
Furthermore, charts for night level scores will be eliminated as soon as possible due to infinite score potential in the majority of stages.

How is that a reason for removing charts?  It doesn't matter how few charts are left.  If there are charts that don't have infinite score potential, they should stay up (regardless of how many).

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 01:20:47 pm »

How is that a reason for removing charts?  It doesn't matter how few charts are left.  If there are charts that don't have infinite score potential, they should stay up (regardless of how many).
Suggestion in that case: when viewing a game's charts, there should be a link at the bottom that says "Why are some levels missing?" or similar that takes you to a page that lists, for that game, which levels have been excluded and why.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 02:23:12 pm »
^ THIS. I was thinking of this, but never suggested it. Don't ask me why I didn't say it, because I don't know. But we need it given the amount of charts we've stripped... an entire game's score charts went missing, and new competitors could use an explanation.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 08:08:45 pm »
Once again, I must point out...

Why?  If some levels aren't broken, why the hell can't they stay on the site?  I have been told that "sooner or later someone would have found an exploit".  That's why we deal with the charts later if that would happen.  I stand by my opinion of this being one of the dumbest things done to any set of charts.

Print

Hits: 603 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.