don't click here

TSCA 2.0...now for RPG Maker 2000!

Print

Author Topic: TSCA 2.0...now for RPG Maker 2000!  (Read 13413 times)

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
TSCA 2.0...now for RPG Maker 2000!
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:15:08 pm »
So...basically, this came about as the result of me wanting to know how different an RPG Maker 2003 game would be if it were made on RPG Maker 2000. So naturally I decided to take TSCA 2.0 and "port" it to RM2000. It's not as simple as that, though: you can't just import an RM2003 game into RM2000--you have to recreate it from scratch.

I spent about 12 hours working on the first public build of TSCA2K, which I released in June 2009. I spent about 30 hours working on this version, and now I'm pleased to present to you the second public build of:

v0.05d
The basic download which (should) contains only the necessary files needed to run the game can be found here (3.06 MB), though as with all basic versions I can't guarantee it won't crash. Be sure to save when you can! This version lets you play through both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

Demo v1.01
This is the old version that I made in June 2009 and contains only Chapter 1. The basic download which contains only necessary files is here. (2.89 MB)

All necessary files are included so there is no need to download anything else. If the font is messed up while playing then apply the font patch which can be found here.

If you find any bugs that are specific to this version, please let me know. Bugs that are present in this version that were also present in the original (e.g. a certain event looping) should be addressed in the other topic.

Oh, and a few things on the mechanics of this version:
- This version is turn-based and does not feature ATB bars. As such, in a given turn, everyone will act exactly once. Battles should overall be faster on this version.
- HP can only go up to 999 in RM2000 so I had to take the liberty to change everyone's stats. Relatively, everyone is still just as powerful as they were in the original.
- Battle menus cannot be changed; as such, all of any one character's skills are in one menu. Sondow also has access to the Attack command, but since his Attack is mostly non-existent I can't recommend ever using it with him.
- When Prevailing Wind, Ale, Psigen and Psiphon are used, their respective statuses are applied after the commands have been selected on the following turn. So for example, if Ale is used on turn 1, the Drunk status won't be applied until you have selected the commands for turn 2. I had to do it this way because you cannot set positive statuses in RM2000 so I had to work around this with battle events.

While originally meant to be a "port" of the RM2003 version, this version and the 2003 version are essentially the same now except for the different battle systems.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:35:53 am by Buizel »
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline P.P.A.

Re: TSCA 2.0...now for RPG Maker 2000!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:19:35 pm »
Sweet, this will be the first RPG Maker game in my possession not having some sort of NSFW content in it!
* P.P.A. downloads

P.S. VH > RyonaRPG
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:23:20 pm »
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

also PPA wat u neva played mi RM2K3 version? :(((((((((
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 01:32:49 pm »
no sry I should do that perhaps :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:09:19 pm »
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
ya I no rite that logo is totally sonic team's :(

Also micro version added that contains only the required files. I can't guarantee that it won't crash but I went through it and it seems to be all right. Also included in this zip is a font patch because without the full RTP the font is probably going to be messed up.

Download (2.89 MB)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:20:41 pm by Buizel »
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.

Offline Cort

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:08:01 pm »
GREAT GAME!!! Who created this game is to be congratulated! I don'thave words to this! honestly, create an RPG game like this requires much patience!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 02:14:37 pm »
EDIT: I'm spitting off the two halves of Chapter 2 so Chapter 2, Part 2 will now be Chapter 3.

So, after 2 years, this game will finally have actual content added to it rather than just having rehashes made. And of course you can all blame RPG for that.

Anyway, I am pleased to announce that I have finished Chapter 2 for RPG Maker 2000 and am working on getting it made for RPG Maker 2003 (the original) and RPG Maker VX (the remake). If you are wondering why I did it on the "port" first it is because RM2000 is the easiest to program with. And if you are wondering why I'm working on the RM2003 and RMVX versions of Chapter 2 instead of doing Chapter 3, then let me just say that Chapter 3 is going to be a lot of work on my part since it will be rather...unconventional.

My planned release date for Chapter 2 will be May 16, 2011, and Chapter 3 has a planned release date of July 5, 2011.

Here are some highlights of what you can expect to see in Chapter 2:
  • A new dungeon, which you go through with RPG's party! You all like exploration, right?!
  • A new enemy! You all like variety, right?!
  • New enemy formations, including a 5 Bat party! You all like difficulty, right?!
  • New puzzles! You all like solving things, right?!
  • New bosses! You all like big battles, right?!
  • New skills! You all like--
* Buizel shot

In addition, I've tweaked a bunch of existing stuff to keep it in line with the other two versions. Specifically for this version, spells (e.g. Pyro L1) were given a slight damage boost and skills (e.g. Triple Slash) were given a large boost. I should also note that I've placed a level cap of 5 for all characters to give you a rough idea of how powerful each party should be when they reach their respective bosses.

Here are a few screenshots from Chapter 2 in RM2000:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:07:15 am by Buizel »

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 02:46:08 am »
And now, the moment no one was waiting for: v0.05d of TSCA2K is now out and can be found here (3.06 MB). I've made several changes since my last post, including some things that even my beta testers don't know about. Speaking of them, I'd like to thank Thorn and RPG for taking the time to both test out my beta builds and for giving me ideas for some things in Chapter 2.

Also for those of you wondering how long Chapter 2 is, it's about as long as Chapter 1, meaning the game is now a little over twice as long as before. Chapter 2, however, will require a bit more effort on your part to get to the end.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:51:12 am by Buizel »

Print

Hits: 589 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.04 MB | Time: 0.08s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.