MegaMan Central > Competition Central

Questions concerning the rules.

(1/3) > >>

Aitamen:
Not sure if anyone will read this, but I figure it's worth a shot.

I don't understand the banning of numerous normal abilities within a number of the games shown on this sub-site (Such as Dark Chips and Cyber Elves, specifically)

Admittedly, I know nothing of the Dark Chips, so I'll refrain from mentioning them, but I would like an answer as to why they're banned (I have the games/could get the roms, but it's annoying to know things  are banned)

Cyber Elves, on the other hand, are the primary way to "level" in the case of MMZ.  Progression of character is built to make the game less evil, but it would also add a lot of depth to the game itself.  

Lower Lifebar means Taking damage to save time is a no-no, which is why I haven't/can't post any times from MMZ4...  all my routes require max stats. 

EDIT: Not totally true, so I'll start competing a little on levels I don't need high-level tech for.

elecmouse101:
I think Dark Chips should continue to be banned. They are just extremely powerful and cheap attacks.

However, I agree with Aitamen about the Cyber Elves.

Aitamen:
there is precedence for enabling Cyber Elves for competition.

Mostly, because of one of my ideas for SU-fixing (requiring a character to be max level to help out on score-precedence)

I was told, by more than one admin, that we "cannot ban a perfectly legit first-playthrough"

Thoughts?

sonicam:

--- Quote from: Aitamen on June 22, 2009, 09:52:33 pm ---there is precedence for enabling Cyber Elves for competition.

Mostly, because of one of my ideas for SU-fixing (requiring a character to be max level to help out on score-precedence)

I was told, by more than one admin, that we "cannot ban a perfectly legit first-playthrough"

Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

What does that mean?

Not only magnum, but I also voted against the use of Cyber Elves. I figured that since we have Ultimate Mode up where all Elves are in effect without penalty; we should have a mode where Elves cannot be used for those that don't like them; for a more restricted speed run.

elecmouse101:

--- Quote from: sonicam on June 24, 2009, 12:38:24 pm ---Not only magnum, but I also voted against the use of Cyber Elves. I figured that since we have Ultimate Mode up where all Elves are in effect without penalty; we should have a mode where Elves cannot be used for those that don't like them; for a more restricted speed run.

--- End quote ---

Well I just think Cyber Elves shouldn't be banned and Ultimate Mode should. Also I think that if you go over the amount of abilities you get from the Elf doesn't matter because if you go over you can not compete in the S Rank charts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version