don't click here

Sonic And Sega: All Stars Racing (Now with demo, and DLC)

Print

Author Topic: Sonic And Sega: All Stars Racing (Now with demo, and DLC)  (Read 40587 times)

Offline Firstkirbyever

Sonic And Sega: All Stars Racing (Now with demo, and DLC)
« on: May 28, 2009, 12:16:57 pm »
"In a frantic battle to the chequered flag, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sees Sonic and friends speed around tracks set in mediaeval castle ramparts, lush rainforests and bustling cities, all taken from the visually rich and varied universes of Sonic and SEGA. Fan favourites such as Dr. Eggman, Tails, AiAi, Amigo and many more will join Sonic in their custom built vehicles, revving their engines and jostling to stay ahead of the pack. Each character will race around the track in cars, planes, motorbikes, and in AiAi’s case – a banana mobile! Secret short cuts, swift handling and avoiding strategically placed obstacles are certainly the best way to get to the top of the podium."

“Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing is no ordinary racing game. Its huge variety of characters and vehicles, plus the ability to play both online and off set it apart from other games of this type” commented Gary Knight European Marketing Director, SEGA Europe Ltd. “The team have pushed the boundaries on what you would normally expect and created a different and unique party racing title whereby you really can’t take anything for granted!”

“And winning is only part of the fun in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing! Each character has a specific All Star move such as Super Sonic, Banana Blitz and Tails Tornado, allowing a quick way for competitors to get back into the race! Power ups and weapons can also be collected around the tracks and used against the opposition to ensure they don’t become a threat to that number one position… Players can battle it out in single or multiplayer mode, allowing up to four friends to race in frantic split-screen action, or up to eight players to compete online in the ultimate racing showdown.”

Mostly we are getting a Sonic R 2, or Sonic Drift 3, it's obviously going to have DLC. Any thoughts?

If you wish to read the full thing go Here.

A demo is also available for Xbox 360 owners (Gold only), it features two playable characters, and one playable track. Now with Downloadable content, Unlock everything,
Download it now (Size: 1.03GB, 1-2 Players local.)
Unlock Everything (Requires 400 Microsoft points.)

Edit: Happy Thorn? <_<
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:00:19 am by 1stKirbyever »
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline Maru Kiba

• The Oltanis Team Sub-Leader
  • TSC: Maru_Kiba
  • winxp firefox
  • Maru Kiba of The Oltanis Team
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
Re: New Offical sonic game: "Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing"
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 03:10:15 pm »
I really think there should be more than just half sonic and sega, why not get other characters from more SEGA games? Such as Kid Chameleon (That was in the Sega Smash Pack i believe), or Virtua Fighter (I could see Akira or Jacky getting a spot), there's other awesome SEGA characters that should have been included. You know? Or other characters from other popular sega games back in the Dreamcast era that were great. I hope NiGHTs makes it in too. He was in Superstar Tennis so why not this?

Yeah a Sonic R sequel or Sonic Drift 2 sequel should make it out. But I'm more lean on Sonic R sequel, if this happens to be just like Mario Kart for the wii, maybe it won't be so bad. Diddy Kong Racing wasn't bad either. Crash Team Racing as well.
The Oltanis Team. Is made up of 9 strong and special members.
Leader (Gold-Black): Tanor Zeta Faux
Sub-Leader (Crimson): Maru Akane Kiba
Gold General (Yellow): Tana Iota Faux
Silver General (Purple): Kota Aura Rae
Bronze General (Ice Blue): Eis Sam Makai
Squad Leader (Dark Blue): Salza H. Refurin
Castle Guardian (White): Nathan S. Graves
Rune Mistress (Lavender): Forsha Timbre
Storm Dragon (Dark Grey): Helios Darkus Kiba
---
http://s917.photobucket.com/home/MaruKiba/index

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:23:40 pm »
I think I'm about as unexcited by this as I have been by anything in months.
Years, even.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:26:54 pm »
I think I'm about as unexcited by this as I have been by anything in months.
Years, even.

you know how i feel :(

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 03:28:39 pm »
I had a similar thought SonicFan, but then I thought just how many Sega characters people actually care about.  I mean, seeing Ryo Hazuki pop up would be a nice change.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 04:32:23 pm »
OMG!!!! I hope it'll come to PS2 too just like Sega Superstars Tennis!!!!

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 05:30:16 pm »
too many damn sonicfans :(

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 05:32:06 pm »
Great, Sonic Drift 3. The GHZ stage looks also terribly lame, it's a random generic island with some chequerboard patterns applies to some surfaces and a loop or two. Where are the funky geometric flowers, the flat, pseudo-3D palm trees and the pixellated backgrounds? Oh wait, I forgot Sonic stopped being surreal and abstract after S1, SCD and KC.

That said, why no Sonic R 2? :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 05:35:28 pm »
Great, Sonic Drift 3. The GHZ stage looks also terribly lame, it's a random generic island with some chequerboard patterns applies to some surfaces and a loop or two. Where are the funky geometric flowers, the flat, pseudo-3D palm trees and the pixellated backgrounds? Oh wait, I forgot Sonic stopped being surreal and abstract after S1, SCD and KC.

That said, why no Sonic R 2? :(

<PPA> SONIC USES HIS BODY TO FIGHT, WHY IS HE USING A CAR

Offline Franco

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 05:51:24 pm »
Not PS2 :(, but will be a PC version :D
Advertising Space - Call 555-372626

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 09:57:49 am »
A ... PC ... version.
Is anyone else noticing that the only PC Sonic games to come out since, what, SMC+ are Sonic Riders and now this?  If I didn't have a Wii, I'd be pulling my hair out right now.  It's now officially obvious that Sega doesn't consider the PC to be a real gaming platform.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 07:39:33 pm »
A ... PC ... version.
Is anyone else noticing that the only PC Sonic games to come out since, what, SMC+ are Sonic Riders and now this?  If I didn't have a Wii, I'd be pulling my hair out right now.  It's now officially obvious that Sega doesn't consider the PC to be a real gaming platform.

SEGA stated that it has no interest in the "Ever changing, chaotic platform that all PCs are" because they'd rather be able to offer a "game that works on all the platforms it's meant to" as well as "outstanding customer support, which requires a standardized system, both in hardware and software"

(Comments are from the days of Saturn, during an interview in which a SEGA exec is asked why, if they need more power on a constant basis (where they were still forging ahead in hardware), they didn't just make games for computers, which had seemingly endless power, at that point)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 08:19:40 am »
Sonic CD.  All I'm going to say.
My presssioussss....

Offline magnum12

• Awesome Overlord of TMMC
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 12:55:00 am »
My thoughts on this stupidity.

Ever know what its like to get pwned by a book? Sonic certainly does.

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 06:44:37 am »
Gameplay From E3 2009:

Seaside hill Track

Billy hatcher track

The "Seaside hill Track" shows Aiai's all star move, while The "Billy hatcher track" shows Sonic's all star move.

right now they said there will be more then 20 tracks (I smell DLC), they also said that the final build will be faster, run smoother, and have more items. (atleast 20), and 20 characters.

Right now these are all the characters known:

Sonic
Shadow
AiAi
Amy
Eggman
Samba amigo
big the cat
tails

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 08:29:12 pm »
It looks like Diddy Kong Racing made by sega. It doesn't look too bad, but there's still a chance that they'll mess up.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 10:12:56 pm »
PLEASE SEGA, DONT FUCK THIS UP.

Completed Runs:

In the Future:

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 08:00:54 pm »
Not PS2 :(, but will be a PC version :D

No offense, but who really gives a shit for a PC version?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 12:24:27 am »
No offense, but who really gives a shit for a PC version?

Um, not everyone here has every console, but everyone here has internet and a PC, so it widens who it's available to...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline EngiNerd

• TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 07:54:26 am »
Exactly why I'm still mildly ticked that (1) the only game since Heroes to hit PC was Riders (don't count SMC+) and (2) that there was all this fuss over a PC version of SoNexGen and it didn't happen.  I know the game was horrible, yeah, but at least give us SOMETHING.
My presssioussss....

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »
"I really think there should be more than just half sonic and sega, why not get other characters from more SEGA games? Such as Kid Chameleon (That was in the Sega Smash Pack i believe), or Virtua Fighter (I could see Akira or Jacky getting a spot), there's other awesome SEGA characters that should have been included. You know? Or other characters from other popular sega games back in the Dreamcast era that were great. I hope NiGHTs makes it in too. He was in Superstar Tennis so why not this?

Yeah a Sonic R sequel or Sonic Drift 2 sequel should make it out. But I'm more lean on Sonic R sequel, if this happens to be just like Mario Kart for the wii, maybe it won't be so bad. Diddy Kong Racing wasn't bad either. Crash Team Racing as well."
Very good idea but just in case that does not work out because i doubt they remember about those games,they should keep making sonic games. sonic 06 WAS NOT BAD STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! *my opinion* Sonic 06 good sonic unleashed not bad sonic and the black night very fun.But compared to the fan favorites sa1 and 2 they are all bad except 06. why 06? Best gameplay in a while no guns, nice graphics, brings back the best gameplay of the old and new characters [a.k.a. tails knuckles blaze silver] and good story line never played secret rings, and sonic is EPIC AGAIN! But I don't like the music. His world sucked ESPECIALLY the crush 40 version. And who gives a crap about the glitches? ask darkspinessonic his favorite was sa2b UNTIL 06 CAME OUT!But my favorite sonic game will always be sadx.

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 02:19:53 am »
Very good idea but just in case that does not work out because i doubt they remember about those games,they should keep making sonic games. sonic 06 WAS NOT BAD STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! *my opinion*
Well, isn't that cute...

BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 02:27:01 am »
Sonic 06 pwns kthx.  Also nothing tops Sonic Heroes. Now if you'll excuse me...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...*NOW LOADING*...I have a few floors to fall through. *FALLS THROUGH THE FLOOR*
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline bluebomber

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 12:47:38 am »
I used to have Sonic '06. It looked cool, but it certainly didn't play cool. I got fed up with its glitches, horrible controlling, and gameplay. But anyway, yeah, I look foward to getting Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing. It looks cool and it better play cool!

Offline Alondite

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 12:07:57 am »
"I really think there should be more than just half sonic and sega, why not get other characters from more SEGA games? Such as Kid Chameleon (That was in the Sega Smash Pack i believe), or Virtua Fighter (I could see Akira or Jacky getting a spot), there's other awesome SEGA characters that should have been included. You know? Or other characters from other popular sega games back in the Dreamcast era that were great. I hope NiGHTs makes it in too. He was in Superstar Tennis so why not this?

Yeah a Sonic R sequel or Sonic Drift 2 sequel should make it out. But I'm more lean on Sonic R sequel, if this happens to be just like Mario Kart for the wii, maybe it won't be so bad. Diddy Kong Racing wasn't bad either. Crash Team Racing as well."
Very good idea but just in case that does not work out because i doubt they remember about those games,they should keep making sonic games. sonic 06 WAS NOT BAD STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! *my opinion* Sonic 06 good sonic unleashed not bad sonic and the black night very fun.But compared to the fan favorites sa1 and 2 they are all bad except 06. why 06? Best gameplay in a while no guns, nice graphics, brings back the best gameplay of the old and new characters [a.k.a. tails knuckles blaze silver] and good story line never played secret rings, and sonic is EPIC AGAIN! But I don't like the music. His world sucked ESPECIALLY the crush 40 version. And who gives a crap about the glitches? ask darkspinessonic his favorite was sa2b UNTIL 06 CAME OUT!But my favorite sonic game will always be sadx.

LOL this guy is a hoot!

Offline SonicandInuyasha

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 10:42:18 pm »
I feel that this game might be fun just like Mario kart Wii. I don't know what version i'm going to buy. Wii or DS. Sonic's car looks awesome.
I love to play Mario and Sonic games with a mix of Donkey Kong and Kirby games. Yes I'm a Nintendo nerd.

Print

Hits: 611 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.31 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.