don't click here

Sonic Battle High Scores

Print

Author Topic: Sonic Battle High Scores  (Read 9336 times)

Offline UltraSonic

• The King of Sonic
  • TSC: dad3i
  • winxp msie8
    • View Profile
Sonic Battle High Scores
« on: May 13, 2009, 11:41:11 pm »
Ok, so my rank in Sonic Battle is 9th out of 42. I've seen a lot of ridiculous scores in the Challenge Mode stats (especially the player who is in first place). How are these stats even possible?
I'm the greatest!

Offline DBG

Re: Sonic Battle High Scores
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 12:05:59 am »
Don't bother wasting your time questioning the validity of seemingly-impossible stats. Apparantly, methods have been found to reach such high scores. That, and a bit of practice and persistence on the players' part are involved.
You can't beat me! I AM DABESTGAMER!!!
www.youtube.com/user/dabestgamer

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:46:59 am »
I'm guessing that would be me :)

Depends on the character; I typically only use specials to get the bonus for that.  You also need to finish quickly, obviously, and you also need to pretty much never get hit throughout a run (or allow the computer players to get a KO).  I have no idea what Thorn means with his "glitch'd" comment though - Thorn?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:32:47 am »
I've already explained myself. I held off submitting these scores for two years after I learned of the glitch because I felt it'd be banned, but now that it's been ignored for two years and we allow a three-second lap in Sonic R, freezing the timer in various games, etc., I've said "fuck it" and finally submitted.

Also despite my comment I still need to to the glitch to Emerl... I had a combo attached to R and didn't get all of the Special Attack KO bonuses, so my stats are 10th place and below for him. Once I do that I should have the championship (unless everybody bandwagons and does the glitch now... pricks :( ).

EDIT: Now comes the fun part. The debate opens up!
"That glitch breaks the game! Ban it!"
"What, no! There's still competition!"
"No there's not, it finishes levels in two seconds!"
"Then there's two seconds of competition!"
* Thorn gets popcorn and soda. Thorn reclines in chair and sllluuurrrppps soda.

Also douglas I know you like to automatically win topics, so in the off-chance you suddenly join the "ban glitches" brigade, I have a plan to win this debate.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 01:20:26 pm »
I've already explained myself. I held off submitting these scores for two years after I learned of the glitch because I felt it'd be banned, but now that it's been ignored for two years and we allow a three-second lap in Sonic R, freezing the timer in various games, etc., I've said "fuck it" and finally submitted.

Also despite my comment I still need to to the glitch to Emerl... I had a combo attached to R and didn't get all of the Special Attack KO bonuses, so my stats are 10th place and below for him. Once I do that I should have the championship (unless everybody bandwagons and does the glitch now... pricks :( ).

EDIT: Now comes the fun part. The debate opens up!
"That glitch breaks the game! Ban it!"
"What, no! There's still competition!"
"No there's not, it finishes levels in two seconds!"
"Then there's two seconds of competition!"
* Thorn gets popcorn and soda. Thorn reclines in chair and sllluuurrrppps soda.

Also douglas I know you like to automatically win topics, so in the off-chance you suddenly join the "ban glitches" brigade, I have a plan to win this debate.
I'm usually pro this kind of glitch for a number of reasons (consistency, enforcement, the question of banning things just because people don't like them, arbitrariness of how much gets banned), although here there's probably a case to be made for this one to go (Cannon's Core springs to mind).

Epic find though, must try it out.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Thorn

• wroar
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Former admin, lucid dreamer, lover of burgers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 01:41:25 pm »
^ This is actually quite the opposite of Cannon's Core: whereas that involves modifying your start position, this glitch has you ending the level prematurely... come to think of it, it's more like Final Egg - Sonic.

Morally speaking I'd say this should be banned, but I'm going to make my stance "don't ban" for the sake of consistency with the recent TSC attitude. Also because if I have to revert my scores and drop from 31 site points back to one-tenth of a site point, I will *never* catch mike Sitewide. Watching him gaining Sitewide points just for sitting on his ass and milking the sheer weight of Heroes and Sonic 1 as new people compete makes me very sad as I compete weekly and lose points faster than I gain them (Battle and SU DLC aside).

...so, yeah, don't ban for the sake of death to mike. You know you want to spite him. Yeah.

EDIT: Unrelatedly I am munching of delicious Chick-Fil-A chicken strips and waffle fries right now.
<RPGnutter> Well I think your reasoning was dumb, so you get sassed
<RPGnutter> Thats how it works

Offline UltraSonic

• The King of Sonic
  • TSC: dad3i
  • winxp msie8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 12:00:22 am »
You know with luck, I managed to get an S ranking as Tails on level 2, but other characters like Knuckles, Rouge, or even E-102 Gamma are a bit difficult. Tails is still difficult to get any other S rank, but hey, I'm practicing.
I'm the greatest!

Print

Hits: 187 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.05s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.