don't click here

Phantasy star 2 TAS (wip)

Print

Author Topic: Phantasy star 2 TAS (wip)  (Read 6855 times)

Offline FuzZerd

Phantasy star 2 TAS (wip)
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:56:51 am »
I'm sure none of you care but I started working on a TAS of Phantasy Star 2 and thought I'd share it with you guys.

I don't know how far I'll make it in this before getting lazy or something,  but tips and thoughts are of course welcome.

I think I've already made some mistakes but I'm too lazy to go back and redo them.

version 0.1.1.  finished Nido and fought a toader to level up to level 2 (also blew the door up from a different position which didn't save time)
manipulated the toader to not miss, I also wanted him to attack rolf and have nei heal him at first, then I manipulated him to kill off nei.  manipulated my stats to give me max health and defense and strength (agility was also max and attack was unfortunately 1 away from max.)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:26:17 am by fuzzerd »

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Phantasy star 2 TAS (wip)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 09:18:03 am »
<3 Phantasy Star <3
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:33:01 pm »
I realized that their was a completed run of PS II on TASvideos.org never submitted.  so I restarted my run to take his strategies into account.   I just finished the tunnel scene and am about 550 frames ahead so far.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:52:37 am »
I fail, I really really fail.  I didn't realize why zareon went into arima until now,  you don't get rudo unless you go into arima.  and I think this run is impossible with out rudo. worse then that you don't get anybody you would have gotten after rudo either.  it might be possible to avoid zema saving you about 25 seconds, but then you wouldn't be able to get shir and wouldn't be able to steal a moondew.  although its possible duping the cannon might be faster anyway, I doubt it though.  anyway I'm probably not going to be working on this game anymore.

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:02:23 pm »
Stop using video files I can't open!!!

Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 03:36:27 am »
I could... or, you could get gens10a

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 06:51:35 pm »
Okay, I'll get that then! That answers my problem.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:57 am »
Sad to hear this died just as I found out about it... also bummed you didn't know about visiting towns to get members.

Is a run of Solo-Rolf doable?  Can he actually live through all the battles?

I know the method of control makes things a little hard to win by manipulation, but perhaps a Rolf run could be luck-won?

(I had a run IRT where I killed Neifirst w/ Rolf alone, thanks to her never hitting me)
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 06:36:59 pm »
nah I'm fairly sure he can't survive the army eyes. the chances that even one will miss at level 1 is extremely low. and about 2 hits will kill him.  this run needs to be restarted anyway due to a glitch that will save about a minute in the biolabs.

Print

Hits: 107 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.01 MB | Time: 0.12s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.