don't click here

March Madness

Print

Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Stefan

March Madness
« on: March 16, 2009, 05:55:04 pm »
College Basketball is about the only sport I care about. With the stress on academics, the multitude of fairly equal, excellent teams, and the awesomeness that basketball is to begin with, it is a lot of fun to watch. As such, March is probably my favorite month of the year. When the tournament field of 65 excellent college teams playing excellent basketball rolls around, with the guaranteed chaos and awesome fun to watch, I can't help but be pulled in.

If there are other people who feel the same way, I think we should have a TSC NCAA tournament pool. You guys in!? I mean, I might be the only one who cares, but it could be super awesome.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: March Madness
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 03:58:23 pm »
College Basketball is about the only sport I care about. With the stress on academics, the multitude of fairly equal, excellent teams, and the awesomeness that basketball is to begin with, it is a lot of fun to watch. As such, March is probably my favorite month of the year. When the tournament field of 65 excellent college teams playing excellent basketball rolls around, with the guaranteed chaos and awesome fun to watch, I can't help but be pulled in.

If there are other people who feel the same way, I think we should have a TSC NCAA tournament pool. You guys in!? I mean, I might be the only one who cares, but it could be super awesome.

yeah I like MM also. so who are you pulling for? I'm for Louisville. Almost forgot to say...Yes I would be interested in the tourney.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 04:50:52 pm »
Basketball is about the only sport I don't care about. With the stress on running back and forth, the multitude of fairly equal, generic teams, and the meh-ness that basketball is to begin with, it is not a lot of fun to watch. As such, March is probably my least favorite month of the year. When the tournament field of 65 standard college teams playing the same basketball rolls around, with the guaranteed chaos and generic monotony to watch, I can't help but be repulsed.

If there are other people who feel the same way, I think we should mock a TSC NCAA tournament pool. You guys in!? I mean, I might be the only one who cares, but it could be super awesome.
* Spinballwizard shot

---

Lame joking aside, I haven't filled out a bracket in three or four years now just because I don't really care. March Madness used to be the only basketball I watched, but even now it's kinda meh. (I'm saying that even though my team - Michigan, for those who care, and not those losers from State - is actually in the field for once.) So yeah.

>_> <_<
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Stefan

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 07:15:56 pm »
I'm a Lousiville fan too, I've got my louisville shirts ready to go for every day of the tourney.

Offline oldskoolgamer101

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:46 am »
Personally I don't find basketball exciting. It doesn't surprise me that the NBL is struggling here while our usual summer/winter rituals continue to flourish.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:54:08 am »
Syracuse.  Why? Well because I party on the campus about once a month, have met almost all of the players on the team and know a few of them personally (Flynn the most), and it's the most local Div I NCAA school around.  People bleed Orange around here.  While I'm not that huge a fan, I can't see myself rooting for anyone else.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:19:46 pm »
Syracuse.  Why? Well because I party on the campus about once a month, have met almost all of the players on the team and know a few of them personally (Flynn the most), and it's the most local Div I NCAA school around.  People bleed Orange around here.  While I'm not that huge a fan, I can't see myself rooting for anyone else.

You met Jonny Flynn? Man you are lucky as hell... anyway its about time for the elite eight!

Today's games are...

Arizona vs. Louisville (Rooting for)
Syracuse (rooting for) vs. Oklahoma
Kansas vs. Michigan State (rooting for)
Gonzaga (rooting for) vs. North Carolina

Print

Hits: 291 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.02 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.