don't click here

Where'd you come up with your username?

Print

Author Topic: Where'd you come up with your username?  (Read 30508 times)

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
Where'd you come up with your username?
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:28:24 pm »
Kitsune: Tails has always been my favorite Sonic character. I noticed on one site Tails was described as a "kitsune". I wondered what that was, and looked it up. It was Japanese for fox. At the time I was obsessed with Kingdom Hearts and all the darkness stuff so I came up with "DarkKitsune". One day in #soniccenter, Alondite convinced me to drop the "Dark".

EDIT: It has a ` on the end because "Kitsune" is taken. :(

fastnaturedude: Self-explanatory. I'm the fastest runner in my grade, I like going outside and looking at nature-ish stuff, and I'm a dude.

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Where'd you come up with your username?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:47:31 pm »
Bertin: I came up with this mainly because I was called a lot of things by my friends such as "X", "X-Man" and even "Bertin". So I just stuck with Bertin from there on.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:54:21 pm »
Source of the name Sondow, except back on 4kids's old forum.

Yeah shut up, it was years ago, sounded neat, and for whatever godforsaken reason I was interested in that fic.

...looks like it's still going, too, after 364 pages. It started in mid-05 o_O

Granted it's been two months since the last post

note: no, I don't have that topic saved, I googled it and it happened to be the same one.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 11:35:14 pm »

fastnaturedude: Self-explanatory. I'm the fastest runner in my grade, I like going outside and looking at nature-ish stuff, and I'm a dude.

Hey I also happen to be the fastest runner in my grade! And school...and athletic section....etc... 11.1 100m ftw. Anyway.  My nick comes from several sources.  It's the name of Lancelot's sword in Alexander iirc, and it was....somehow... translated from "Ettard" in Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.  It's the sword of The Black Knight ( or in the japanese Radiant Dawn, it is "Arondight, or something to that effect, and is Ike's starting sword, which was Gawain's sword iirc).  I thought it was a cool name for an awesome weapon used by an impossibly powerful enemy who has terrified me ever since "Blood Runs Red."  Poor Mordecai...And Zihark...And Oscar :(

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:42:56 am »
P.P.A.: My initials.
PPAChao: My initials plus -Chao. I hate this name. :(
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 05:54:41 am »
I would read the topics over at GameFaqs a lot and I read something where I just had to give my input, but I needed to sign up.  When they asked for a username, I couldn't think of anything cool, so I thought why not use Jacky from VF4 (who is a fucking beast!).  I couldn't just use his name as it would be too plain, so I remembered playing Marvel vs Capcom and how cool it would be to have a Shadow Jacky Bryant of some sort (if you played the game, you'd know who the Shadow creations are).  I figured I'd be able to change it if I didn't like it, but I couldn't so I just stuck with it...even here.  >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 05:58:53 am »
It's my name.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Luxray

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 05:59:51 am »
Cruwys (last name) -> Cruwysee (my brother's nick) -> Cruizer (before current) -> CrUiZ3R.[->Cruizer Got sick of my old one.]

So yeah.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 07:59:06 am by Luxray »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Firstkirbyever

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 06:05:17 am »
I was thinking of a nick for Youtube a few years ago,
my friend told me to Use 1stkirbyever,
so i used it.
"Don't like sea-food? Well there is GROUND beef!"

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 08:01:06 am »
It's my name.

Dude, winning topics doesn't come easy. You've got the whole site hunting you down now. Put some effort in!

<3 Thorn.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:11:12 am »
SkyLights is a codename for a secret lifelong project of mine. I'll probably be finished with it in 30 years.

Offline P.P.A.

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 10:57:32 am »
You will assume control of space itself and reorder the stars in the nightly sky so they form a shape resembling Tikal?
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 11:05:56 am »
nope!!!

you'll just have to wait 30 years and see!!!!

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:15:30 am »
Antiporcupine came from a physics class.  If you have a positive charge, the field lines point outwards from it, and it looks like a porcupine.  If you have a negative charge, the field lines point inwards, and you get an antiporcupine.  Yeah, the class was kinda boring.  Minus comes from the fact that it's a negative charge.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 02:42:24 pm »
Man... it's a long story...

Short Form Attack, GO!

My kendo teacher's teacher was given an arbitrary title, which he, in time, developed into a positive title.  It was given to my teacher, because he was the protege of said person, and was later passed to me because I showed such great talent in everything I dedicated myself to.

He died in a car crash not long after giving me this title, so I take pride in being the Aitamen.  This is also why I find it highly offensive when misspelled.

Aita is the common form of it, which is pronounced differently, oddly enough. 

besides, after the many years I've had it, Aita's just... who I am!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Stefan

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 05:27:07 pm »
I didn't; my parents did.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 06:34:39 pm »
Meh, when I was making a youtube account in order to demonstrate a glitch I found, I remember hearing something about a new Sonic transformation, hence the name.  As for Da1AndOnlySonic, I've always dreamed of being Sonic so I proclaimed myself as the one and only Sonic.  It's da instead of the because I'm black. *shot*
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:18 pm »
Wow, this topic got a lot of replies. :D

also Dhaos posted! :D
* Kitsune` shoots Dhaos

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 09:55:23 pm »
Mine's the name of a character I made. *shot* Figured it was my first finished character, so I use the name randomly. :/

Offline Maru Kiba

• The Oltanis Team Sub-Leader
  • TSC: Maru_Kiba
  • winxp firefox
  • Maru Kiba of The Oltanis Team
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 09:17:25 pm »
Well I was SonicFan because I was a Sonic Fan. (Note that I say 'was') Now I am a Shadow fan because Shadow definitely owns Sonic any day. Sonic is too overrated, so I prefer Shadow because he's dark, unapproachable unless he doesn't mind, neutral (neither Hero or Villian, probably you can call that Vigilante since most think he's a bad guy when he can do good things (hence save the world from Biolizard, saves the world from Black Doom, saves the world from Solaris, saves the world from Black Knight (who knows if he is in the game).

Shadow should have been in Unleashed for many reasons. I'd prefer Shadow being the werehog, the Knight. In SaMaOG, if I was to choose a Speed Character, Shadow is my first choice. In Sonic Chronicles, I prefer Shadow being the one to help Knuckles w/o Sonic. So I became a Shadow fan. So hence, ShadowFan2.

Before ShadowFan was MarthUchiha. Since Marth is my Favorite Fire Emblem Character, he POWNZ Roy, He own-powns Ike, and Uchiha happens to be my Favorite Clan so MarthUchiha happened.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:26:15 pm by ShadowFan2 »
The Oltanis Team. Is made up of 9 strong and special members.
Leader (Gold-Black): Tanor Zeta Faux
Sub-Leader (Crimson): Maru Akane Kiba
Gold General (Yellow): Tana Iota Faux
Silver General (Purple): Kota Aura Rae
Bronze General (Ice Blue): Eis Sam Makai
Squad Leader (Dark Blue): Salza H. Refurin
Castle Guardian (White): Nathan S. Graves
Rune Mistress (Lavender): Forsha Timbre
Storm Dragon (Dark Grey): Helios Darkus Kiba
---
http://s917.photobucket.com/home/MaruKiba/index

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 03:28:13 pm »
Meh, when I was making a youtube account in order to demonstrate a glitch I found, I remember hearing something about a new Sonic transformation, hence the name.  As for Da1AndOnlySonic, I've always dreamed of being Sonic so I proclaimed myself as the one and only Sonic.  It's da instead of the because I'm black. *shot*

I lol'd.  Also isn't Darkspines like, the transformation in SSR or something? I don't remember most of that game.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 07:01:49 pm »
No, that's Darkspine Sonic. Without the s.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 09:47:57 pm »
Well I was SonicFan because I was a Sonic Fan. (Note that I say 'was') Now I am a Shadow fan because Shadow definitely owns Sonic any day. Sonic is too overrated, so I prefer Shadow because he's dark, unapproachable unless he doesn't mind, neutral (neither Hero or Villian, probably you can call that Vigilante since most think he's a bad guy when he can do good things (hence save the world from Biolizard, saves the world from Black Doom, saves the world from Solaris, saves the world from Black Knight (who knows if he is in the game).

Shadow should have been in Unleashed for many reasons. I'd prefer Shadow being the werehog, the Knight. In SaMaOG, if I was to choose a Speed Character, Shadow is my first choice. In Sonic Chronicles, I prefer Shadow being the one to help Knuckles w/o Sonic. So I became a Shadow fan. So hence, ShadowFan2.

Before ShadowFan was MarthUchiha. Since Marth is my Favorite Fire Emblem Character, he POWNZ Roy, He own-powns Ike, and Uchiha happens to be my Favorite Clan so MarthUchiha happened.

A true fan-fag name. No offence intended but that's what i call them. Also about the name Zeta - I was reading through about the greek alphabet and Zeta just stood out for me. (also its prononuced z-eh-tah in this case)
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 01:52:22 pm »
My user name does come from more than 1 source:
Iceman of X-men
Ice man of Mega Man
Sub-Zero of MK
Mr. Freeze of Batman
Ice Climbers of SSBM and Brawl

All of these things have something to do with Ice and coldness. Then I was choosing between Iceman or Ice Man, and then I chose Iceman. But in the Chtroom it is Ice_Man since Iceman is already taken.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Alondite

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 03:28:40 pm »

I lol'd.  Ike is commonly regarded as the most powerful lord in FE history, with the only possible exception being Sigurd.  Also, Marth is terrible in his game ;)

Offline Maru Kiba

• winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:54 pm »
Nope Marth has one of the most powerful Final Smashes, he's faster than Ike or Roy, He has more control with his power than Ike plus if you noticed more people use Marth rather than Ike. I use him more than Ike. So I agree that we each have our own opinions and I respect that but you making fun of another's opinion is like you trying to face a bear head-on with no weapons but your bare hands.
---

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 07:11:00 pm »
I feel like I've told this story a lot lately, but for those of you who haven't heard it...

I was cyber-stalking some guy I liked in high school. I followed his profile through and eventually found some forums he was posting on. I was just lurking there for a while. It was about half-life and I didn't play, and wasn't going to, so I didn't really have much to contribute. But then one day there was a topic I wanted to reply to. I was typically writecrazy at the time, and I wanted something that concealed me, and where this guy wouldn't know it was me. flyby popped in my head, and so I used it, as it was like...going by quickly, so he like wouldn't see me! But I really like the name, and so I've used it a lot. I think it suits me, at least it is a lot better than writecrazy >_>
:)

Offline Crowbar

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 08:49:02 pm »
At the time I came up with it I was thinking "I think crows are pretty cool."

Offline Maru Kiba

• winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 10:09:37 pm »
I came up with Nightmuse because Muse means to dream or ponder, but also they are one of my Favorite Bands. And nighttime is best time to dream, when you're sleeping. (I also made this nick because Paraxade told me to change my name since we already had a ShadowFan so I changed it to this, it took a big of thinking of what new username to think of, and this one came out at me)

Go muse! Go Night! Let's have a nightmuse (not a nightmare which is what my first thought was, then I changed Mare to Muse since Mare means Dream and Muse means To dream. I also was thinking of MuseofNiGHts, NiGHTs of a Muse, but Nightmuse was better than all of them so yea)
---

Offline Alondite

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 10:12:11 pm »
Nope Marth has one of the most powerful Final Smashes, he's faster than Ike or Roy, He has more control with his power than Ike plus if you noticed more people use Marth rather than Ike. I use him more than Ike. So I agree that we each have our own opinions and I respect that but you making fun of another's opinion is like you trying to face a bear head-on with no weapons but your bare hands.

Um...last I recall Smash Bros was not Fire Emblem, but I'll retort anyway.  

1. Final Smashes are irrelevent, as they have no place in competitive smash, and Ike is better in Brawls anyway due to his massive range and power on his smashes ;)

2. Roy is not in Brawl, so if you're talking Ike, you can't talk Roy, and vice-versa because Ike is not in Melee.

3. Usage doesn't really matter.

4. More control over his power? Oh you mean that he has no power unless he hits with his now tiny tipper hitbox? Or how about his terrible recovery and shortened range? Marth was a beast in Melee, but in Brawl he's average. You can fair spam off-stage for KOs, but that's one of his few solid KO options.

5. I wasn't making fun of his opinion.  I was merely stating the fact that when comparing them int he context of their respective game, Ike is vastly superior.  He has superior growths, a fantastic occult skill, a powerful, 1~2 range, unbreakable weapon, and decent promotion time, whereas Marth has crap growths, and doesn't promote.  He's frail, and doesn't get even remotely good until he gets Falchion.

Print

Hits: 881 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.36 MB | Time: 0.19s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.