don't click here

COMING SOON! To Channel TSC!

Print

Author Topic: COMING SOON! To Channel TSC!  (Read 94612 times)

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: COMING SOON! To Channel TSC!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 08:20:13 am »
:O That is a pro idea, I approve
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 11:25:23 am »
Proposal: a 10/7/4/2/1 sitewide point bonus for the top 4 places and finishing the race.
Doug is not pro this plan (despite it giving him 10 points for sure >_>); sitewides should be about our core competition, it excludes people unable to compete, more party pooping reasons, etc.  How about custom awards?  They seem the ideal way to recognise this, and then you can extend the principle to all sorts of extra-curricular activities.  Maybe some custom siggy photoshopness too?
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 11:50:30 am »
So if we are doing this. Do I need to vid this or what?
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 05:09:12 pm »
I don't like Rolken's proposal. D: I think that Doug's ideas are good, though.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline Waxwings

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 06:04:55 pm »
Also, because of the inevitable asshole trying to screw around using the bonus tally, can we calculate place by ingame clock, instead of real time?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
Yes we'll time by ingame clock, but I do somewhat doubt that any 2 runs will come close enough together for it to matter all too much.
* ARCANE ALBATROSS OF FOREBODING update first post with stuff
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:06:38 pm by ARCANE ALBATROSS OF FOREBODING »

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 08:04:25 pm »
Ok, scratch me off the list :(

Apparently Mum's going to lug me off to an official Sonic-free zone (>_>) On Friday, and I won't get back until Tuesday at the earliest.

Pity, too.

(Also mike, if I WAS in it, the GO's would be returning to me for sure)

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »
I was going to suggest allowing one game over on sonic 1, and only looking at stage time if two players finish close to the same time.

Offline werster

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 10:22:21 pm »
Ok so apparently people think highly of me in this race. But unfortunately RPG is right :( I will GO in S1/2 so get me off your lists. As for my own predictions:

1) mike89 - no one will touch him. No one will come close :(

2) RPG - Surely he'll go fatser than Thorn. Surely he won't go faster than mike. Just dont get stuck on a wall :(

3) Thorn - That's right, I only expect 3 people to -not-  GO. Thus, thorn clears out the medals.

As for the others:

wersterlobe - If he doesn't GO he could get second...at a stretch. Marathons just dont go my way :( 2 S3K races so far, the first one is hilariously fail, the second, i restarted, had 8 glitch deaths, amazingly won, and wasn't recording >_<

darkhorse - Everyone has put yoshi here, which was my first go here too. But I'd like to throw in SkyL for a good show. Came second in that fore mentioned race, and looked like he could have come second in a Sonic 2 race.

Miles - Resident owning Sonic 1 :( Though in his most recent race he did GO there, so you never know. I'd also like to point out Sonic 1 means nothing <_<

stanski - I really hope he races. Just for the fact, he will be miles (shut up) ahead after Sonic 2, putting some pressure on mike.

DsS - He -is- racing. I want am really interested in how he goes. Could be anywhere for mine, shown alot of promise in S3, dont know much about the rest.

So there you have it. An interesting race is ahead. Everyone practise every level. I really don't want to see mike win.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 12:20:13 am »
Proposal: a 10/7/4/2/1 sitewide point bonus for the top 4 places and finishing the race.
Doug is not pro this plan (despite it giving him 10 points for sure >_>); sitewides should be about our core competition, it excludes people unable to compete, more party pooping reasons, etc.  How about custom awards?  They seem the ideal way to recognise this, and then you can extend the principle to all sorts of extra-curricular activities.  Maybe some custom siggy photoshopness too?

A part of the core competition could also mean being able to replicate those times on a regular basis. Being able to be the best is one part of being the best. Another is being able to consistently repeat those results. This is why i see Rolken's proposal to be very effective (even though i won't have a chance to get in the top 4)
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 01:46:54 am »

A part of the core competition could also mean being able to replicate those times on a regular basis. Being able to be the best is one part of being the best. Another is being able to consistently repeat those results. This is why i see Rolken's proposal to be very effective (even though i won't have a chance to get in the top 4)

You still get a point providing you finish!

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 01:52:31 am »
mike should give me more credit, I came in 2nd in tonight's S1 race beating RPG!

*gloats*

*practices S2*
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Rolken

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 02:07:38 am »
Second concept: 5/4/3/2/1 points, and subsequent marathon participations either give reduced points or only count your highest rank.

Also if you want your opinion considered, put it in here, this type of subject is closer to a poll than a right-or-wrong.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 02:10:52 am »
The idea that, EG mike, cant play and win 5 marathons and earn 5 points each time is good.

And in the long run, will -5- sitewide points -really- make -that- much difference to someones sitewide total.

One other suggestion, if you do make awards to go with the bonus' (assuming thats done), would you make it so that someone could earn the "Won a Marathon" award twice, but it only give sitewide points once, or something similar?

Offline Rolken

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 02:11:50 am »
That would be the idea.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Luxray

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2009, 02:31:13 am »

You still get a point providing you finish!

That becomes a problem with people who gameover 5 or 10 times. That bonus point should be for people who gameover under a certain amount of times.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2009, 02:32:38 am »
Even so they still finish, unlike person z who drops out.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2009, 02:36:24 am »
That becomes a problem with people who gameover 5 or 10 times. That bonus point should be for people who gameover under a certain amount of times.

Might I suggest zero?

Yes, that might mean there are no bonus points awarded... but damn, you -should- have to earn it.

<3 Thorn.

Offline Luxray

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2009, 02:41:12 am »
Good Point RPG

Also we must consider this: All players must post their .giz files for confirmation of their times and completion for them to even receive the sitepoints.

We also need someone (or a few) to keep track of everyone, their game over count and who is in last place. If i weren't competing i would gladly do this as it is easy >_>.

Might I suggest zero?

Yes, that might mean there are no bonus points awarded... but damn, you -should- have to earn it.

Well RPG's point is valid and hence they should be rewarded. I suggest a factor based on their position and the amount they have gameover'd
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2009, 02:42:14 am »
Keeping track of last isnt important now with ADs Improved Game Over Handling System(TM)!

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 02:48:25 am »
My opinion on the matter: I think giving sitewide points for marathons would be nice. It infuses the competitive spirit of TSC, and I think would make people want to compete more in the other charts, so it seems mutually beneficial. And...I think points should only be awarded for those who -finish- the marathon. I agree with mike on that. So, there is my opinion for what it's worth. And...the only reason I find my opinion relevant on the subject is because races have made me actually start TAing a bit again. So, nyah.
:)

Offline Luxray

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2009, 02:51:10 am »
Improved Game Over handling system? Did i miss something again?
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2009, 02:58:02 am »
First post for the new Game Over Handling, it should give people incentive to keep playing if they get a game over

edit: I also agree that players who dont finish the marathon shouldnt receive an award/bonus points

Offline Luxray

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2009, 03:07:48 am »
Okay now that is a better game over system. And RPG it is common sense that if you don't finish you won't be rewarded.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline SonicAD

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2009, 04:20:30 am »
Obviously you are all underestimating how well I will do, so I have placed a bet with mike89 that I will place 4th or better.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2009, 04:23:18 am »
I cant let you finish 4th!

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2009, 06:51:06 am »
I'm now intrigued; having done a couple of playthroughs I'm fairly sure I'm not going to GO in S1 or S2, so I'll be going on the attack in them, but S3&K is a minefield for me so I'll be easing off and taking bonus stages for life spam.  If I'm not ahead at the end of S1, and in the top 3 by the end of S2, you can comprehensively count me out.

Saturday needs to hurry up getting here amirite
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Luxray

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2009, 06:58:47 am »
You are right douglas...But i need to practice S2 before i think of getting to the end without GO'ing.

Also Judging from the times people have been getting lately. Here are my predictions REAL-TIME-wise.

Sonic 1: Leader will finish within 20 minutes
             Pack will finish between 20-32 minutes
             Last Will finish within 35 minutes

Sonic 2: Leader will finish within 60 of starting marathon
              Pack will finish between 65-95 minutes
              Last will finish within 100 minutes

Sonic 3&K : Leader will finish within 120 minutes of starting marathon
                   Top 5 will finish within 130 minutes
                   Pack will finish between 130-160 minutes
                   Last Will finish within 165 minutes.

As for my other predictions:

1st: mike89 - I haven't seen him race but i know of his capabilities
2nd: RPG - Shows loads of promise with winning S1 and S2 races recently
3rd: Miles - Has been consistent with keeping up or ahead of RPG
4th: SJ - His performance in S1 and S2 tonight has actually made me thin he has potential
5th: wersterlobe - Providing he does not game over, werster stands to be a threat to everyone. S3&K will be his strength whereas in S1 and S2 he will sit nice and high within the pack.

Others:
flyby: Will give it her all in S1 and S2.
DsS: Our champion has to good at these old games right?
SonicAD: MY choice for Underdog.
Thorn: I've only heard good about him
FuzZerd: He will seriously catch up in S3&K
Upthorn: Has the capabilities of NOT game overing thus putting him high up.
Myself: I am trying my best to not game over in any level. I feel i'll sit nice and firmly within the pack in S1 and S2 and then blast away at S3&K. I';ll need at least one continue for S2 and S3&K to stay in the top 10.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:34:23 am by Zeta »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2009, 07:03:47 am »
Well douglas, you have to remember Miles is competing, who's the current SDA record holder. I think we may also have stanski on board, whose record speaks for itself. The first two games aren't going to be a cakewalk :P

<3 Thorn.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 09:19:30 am »
I think that giving sitewide points as a prize is not a good idea. TSC's charts measure how good are players when they play a level, circuit or mini-game over and over again. Races measure how consistent are players when they play a whole game or games. A player can compete on a game now or in the future. This doesn't happen with races; if a player registers when races fad is over, he or she will never have the chance of getting those extra sitewide points. And I think that this would be unfair.

Someone could say that they are only five sitewide points at the most, but I'm not speaking about quantity, this is a qualitative question. Mixing both concepts is a bad idea.

I suggest making a races general ranking with a points system. It would still be unfair for future players, but at least we would keep sitewide rankings consistent and fair. Anyway, I think that the awards idea that douglas proposed would be the best way to award racers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:26:09 am by Zeupar »
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Print

Hits: 981 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.29 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.