don't click here

Hardest Sonic Final Boss.

Poll

What is the hardest boss you have ever fought?

Sonic 1 - 3 & Knuckles
11 (50%)
Sonic Adventure
0 (0%)
Sonic (Game Gear)
3 (13.6%)
Sonic Advance
1 (4.5%)
Sonic Rush
3 (13.6%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 23, 2008, 03:05:22 am

Print

Author Topic: Hardest Sonic Final Boss.  (Read 35434 times)

Offline Luxray

Hardest Sonic Final Boss.
« on: November 03, 2008, 03:05:22 am »
I curious as to finding people's opinions on bosses in Sonic games. Now with this i mean hard in terms of beat-ability. Also it is a FINAL Boss. In other words i mean the final boss battle before Sonic (and Co.) turns into Super-Sonic (etc.) and kicks the living shit out of Eggman and Others.

I've left the votes slightly open due to the fact that it would be too hard to list all the games.

My choice would be Sonic Advance 2's XX. You have to verse ALL 7 normal bosses plus a reaaaallly hard bitch to beat.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 06:37:32 am by Zeta »
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
Re: Hardest Sonic Final Boss.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:50:47 am »
Sonic Rush >:O

But not the actual final boss, I mean the stupid mech thing that was the boss before
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:27:22 am »
to elaborate:

it took me tons and tons and tons of tries to figure out how to kill him...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Luxray

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 06:31:24 am »
Sonic Rush >:O

But not the actual final boss, I mean the stupid mech thing that was the boss before

You mean Unknown? (a.k.a. W-Point)
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:10:59 am »
I chose Sonic Rush (Unknown)
But the Sonic Advance 2 is hard to me as well.
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:21:22 am »
To this very day I still have a LOT of trouble with the Sonic 2 final boss ... even though I HAVE beat it more than Perfect Chaos or Finalhazard.  Or Alf Layla for that matter.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Azure

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:04:12 am »
Most bosses come easily to me (but I'm not the best at getting them finished quickly, compared to my regular speedruns). But I recall dying 50+ times in a row on one of the Genesis titles.

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 04:01:24 pm »
To this very day I still have a LOT of trouble with the Sonic 2 final boss ... even though I HAVE beat it more than Perfect Chaos or Finalhazard.  Or Alf Layla for that matter.

Srsly. Sonic 2 Final Boss was a bitch. No rings and you have to fight 2 bosses. Sonic Adv2 XX zone thing was tough too but meh.
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline MechaAshura

• Can't use any of the xm#smps worth... you know
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie7
  • Whee!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:45:12 pm »
Sonic 1 GG boss I don't know why all the others were just too easy
...sig? what sig?

Offline Luxray

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 02:31:53 am »
Ok..

Sonic 1 GG boss I don't know why all the others were just too easy

...wait what? That was probably one of the easiest bosses ever. I find Sonic 3's boss harder.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 09:52:55 am »
Well MechaAshura is a noob anyway so it makes sense.

Anyway IMO it'd probably be S2.

Or sometimes, that giant robot thing in Rush.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Alondite

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 05:33:00 pm »
Well MechaAshura is a noob anyway so it makes sense.

Anyway IMO it'd probably be S2.

Or sometimes, that giant robot thing in Rush.

He's a noob, and he stole my alt god dammit.  If another outbreak of mass murders occur, he's the first to go.  Also yeah, Sonic 2 finale was the hardest.

Offline Antronach

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »
I have never beaten Sonic 2 legitimately. From the fact that I have no rings AND the timing window is tiny as fuk, I'll probably never beat him. XP
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Muzozavr

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 04:57:18 am »
The final boss of Sonic 2 is brutal, but it's nothing compared to the horror of the preceeding Wing Fortress boss. That one was... @%!%!!!!!! Unpredictably moving platforms, SPIKES UNDERNEATH, tiny time window... goddammit!
Though I have beaten Sonic 2 non-savestated, a no-death run is a something completely different. :P
Proud to discover a new glitch on Sandopolis 1 as Tails

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 06:40:43 am »
The final boss of Sonic 2 is brutal, but it's nothing compared to the horror of the preceeding Wing Fortress boss. That one was... @%!%!!!!!! Unpredictably moving platforms, SPIKES UNDERNEATH, tiny time window... goddammit!
Though I have beaten Sonic 2 non-savestated, a no-death run is a something completely different. :P
Psht, all the pros are Super Sonic for that bit.  A favourite challenge of mine was to still be Super at the fade-to-black (started because blasting through everything as Super annoyed my brother, who usually played Tails).  Also, am I the only one who found the S2 final boss really easy?  It's difficult to do fast, sure, but if you pick your hit when he lands then retreat as far as possible it's not hard at all.
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 06:45:11 am »
I found S2 final boss real easy to beat too, when I was little I would do the one-hit-when-he-lands-approach heh

Itd take like 7 minutes but it was easy
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 01:41:34 pm »
My hardest Sonic Final Boss was that thing from Sonic '06. Umm? Solaris? Yes that's it! Man that was hard until I figured out how to beat him. I do not own the game or a system for that, I played the boss at my friend's. I found out you have to use Silver 1st then Shadow and then Sonic, then you had to play against Solaris's final form! I got a game over the first time (I had 5 tries, then I beat him on the next 5 lives I got, I lost 6 lives before I beat him/it/her.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Luxray

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 12:33:52 am »
My hardest Sonic Final Boss was that thing from Sonic '06. Umm? Solaris? Yes that's it! Man that was hard until I figured out how to beat him. I do not own the game or a system for that, I played the boss at my friend's. I found out you have to use Silver 1st then Shadow and then Sonic, then you had to play against Solaris's final form! I got a game over the first time (I had 5 tries, then I beat him on the next 5 lives I got, I lost 6 lives before I beat him/it/her.

..uhh...

In other words i mean the final boss battle before Sonic (and Co.) turns into Super-Sonic (etc.) and kicks the living shit out of Eggman and Others.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 04:06:43 am »
I never thought the final bosses of the Genesis sonic games were that hard...  the exception would perhaps be S3DB, because I've never played that game when NOT speedrunning.

So it's an artificial difficulty...

S1-2-3-K-gg1-gg2 is all kinda easy for me...  the last boss was almost NEVER as hard as the stage that preceded him...

regardless, it's always a good feeling to finally take botnik down and see that triumphant return of our blue hedgehog to his home....
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.

Offline Eis Makai

• The Icy Coyote
  • TSC: Iceman
  • winvista msie7
  • An icy coyote! Or is it ;)
    • View Profile
    • www.lavadomefive.com/forum
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008, 12:19:18 pm »

..uhh...

In other words i mean the final boss battle before Sonic (and Co.) turns into Super-Sonic (etc.) and kicks the living shit out of Eggman and Others.

What? Solaris is hard! I lost a total amount of 6 lives. Not 11.
Eis Makai is the Icy Coyote. Sumaru Star is the Ice Dragon. I own the Ice Planet!

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008, 07:39:52 pm »
Yes, but Solaris falls within the category of Super Final Bosses.

"Super" is taken literally. In that you transform to fight. Other bosses in this category include Doomsday Zone, X Zone, Perfect Chaos, Finalhazard, Metal Madness, Devil Doom, and some others.

Also Aita S3DB's final boss is only hard if you're RAing it :(
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline flying fox

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008, 08:38:45 pm »
Also Aita S3DB's final boss is only hard if you're RAing it :(

Not if you know the tricks to RA it safely.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 07:56:12 am »
Plus, I would argue that Panic Puppet's is FAR more difficult.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Luxray

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:05 pm »
Well according to the poll Sonic 2 is the hardest.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

Offline Azure

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:17 pm »
...And it is. But surprisingly, that's not one of the reasons I dislike that game.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 05:35:37 pm »
how is S2's final boss hard?  spindash before he lands on you, then turn around and hit him after he hits the ground, spindash away from him so the claws don't get you, repeat x12....

S3DB's bosses are hard for me because the controls seem blocky...  spindashing into an edge doesn't stop you, as you bounce off (WHICH IS BULLSHIT)...

also, the werehog run feels a lot like S3DB >_>

Offline Pilf

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 04:30:29 pm »
I was never very good against Sonic 2's final Robotnik, but it wasn't very hard. I've never died against him but the metal Sonic before him is a paon in the ass. the first werehog boss battle is the biggest piece of annoying crap I've ever faced.
I guess I should try to like the game, it is at least trying to be a good Sonic 3D game but, the werehog is to slow and the general controls make fighting that boss stupidly hard (for me anyway), I can nearlly beat it but then i have to jump to avoid an attack and the thing starts to reheal and as for that bloody quicktime event! No, I'll save my ranting for The Forum.
Moving swiftly onwards...

Offline Donna

• Sonic Deconstructionist
  • TSC: donnashowl
  • winxp chrome
  • Don't give me hOPs unless I earned them!
    • View Profile
    • Donna's Blog - Found the Computer Room
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 02:17:14 pm »
While there are a lot of bosses I simply can't beat, I reserve my deep hatred for Egg Emperor. The ONLY Sonic Boss I can't beat without my glasses but can (barely) beat with them.

Although if I ever get that damn seventh chaos emerald, Metal Madness may join the ranks.
-Donna, the crazy English major
I don't want your stinking hops!

Offline Mo

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 10:39:28 pm »
Egg emperor's really easy to beat and all you would have to do is level up your flight character to level 2 and murder him with thundershoot until he's dead while dodging his attacks. I would say all Sonic 2's  final boss is really hard for me because I can never beat Eggman in his giant machine.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 02:11:16 am by hyper1000000 »
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline Telnaior

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 04:31:45 pm »
While there are a lot of bosses I simply can't beat, I reserve my deep hatred for Egg Emperor. The ONLY Sonic Boss I can't beat without my glasses but can (barely) beat with them.

Although if I ever get that damn seventh chaos emerald, Metal Madness may join the ranks.

I actually agree with that a fair bit.

Egg Emperor is a pain. Your two methods of dying are a) falling off by failing a jump [aka him hitting you during one] and b) getting pulverized with no rings during the circle arena. [aka getting too close to him]

You can avoid meeting the fate of (a) 99% of the time by timing your jump, and avoiding (b) usually involves smashing the cannons, (free rings), team blasting, and then just thunder shoot etc.

Even so, I still find him a pain to beat.

Now with the Chaos Emeralds, I found the even-numbered ones easy (also the first), but 3, 5, and 7 to be hard. (Interestingly, I found 3 to be by far the hardest, and there was much rejoicing when I finally got it) After I did get it though, I did some dedicated SS attacking and got the other two.

I won't spoiler Metal Madness/Overlord, but I will say he's actually quite easy, once you figure out what you are meant to do.

Print

Hits: 235 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.35 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.