don't click here

How did you find TSC?

Print

Author Topic: How did you find TSC?  (Read 52269 times)

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
How did you find TSC?
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:27:57 pm »
I didn't find TSC, TSC found me. <_<
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: How did you find TSC?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 06:30:42 pm »
Funny you ask that. I found this place when I was at Sonicandamy's house. He was searching around on Google and found this place. Then while I was playing Super Mario Bros. 3 he told me about this place and it has leaderboards on alot of Sonic games which got me very interested in this place.

Offline Nario

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:35:11 pm »
I didn't find TSC, TSC found me. <_<
It was by your videos, actually. :D Thanks to you, I got all of the achievements for Sonic 2006!

Glad that's over with...

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:14:24 pm »
I found TSC thanks to SDA/TASvids/TG... and in particular, Tom Votava (massive WR-holding gamer)

I began competing because of Mike89.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:17:24 pm »
cybrax kept bugging me to submit stats to some site after I had made my stat page of SA1 (or was it 2) stats over at geocities...

turns out I became number 6 >_>
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 07:24:19 pm »
I'll put this here, since I don't need to start a new topic for my own self-whatever. Here's the story of me and TSC~

Nestled deep in the fabric of the internet is a place where most people will never come to in their lives. What brings most people to soniccenter.org is a love of a little blue hedgehog, and even more, perhaps, the love of competition.
   My first view into the world of TSC was through Sonic Radio. Shortly after I met Rolken, he   had me listen to him host Sonic Radio, and it was a hoot, and he was really fun to listen to. That is how I came to know of the existence of TSC. Rolken would tell us strange things he knew about people from his website, such as some people getting busted for breaking an elevator. It wasn't until after that school year was over, and we were both back at our respective homes (Texas and Maryland) that I first came into chat.
   The first people I saw were CosmicFalcon and CherryMay. They were in the middle of a discussion, so I just observed. I don't know if I even talked the first time I came in. I remember thinking the people seemed cool, though, and that it could be a place I might like, if I could feel comfortable talking. The next time I came in, Taco was very friendly to me, and he was the first person that I made friends with. Shortly later, CF also started talking to me. And they were my first two friends in TSC. So I would come in, and talk to them, and gradually, the circled widened a bit, and I got to know some other people as well. When the summer was over, though, and I got back to college, I spent more time with my irl friends, and would just get on the computer (usually just AIM, but occasionally TSC) to talk to Rolken.
   It kind of skirted to the edge of consciousness, and it went down, and so I kind of forgot about it. When Rolken came back to school in that winter (2005), I remember asking him about TSC, and he said it was down, and I wondered if that would be the end of that. He eventually got it worked, out, though, and I began to come in more, so I could see the people, and we just got used to talking through irc, and I stopped using AIM. When I would go home at night from hanging out with him and our other friends, I would get on my computer, and talk in TSC, and pm him.
   I started getting to know a lot of people in TSC, and would talk to people often. Probably the main thing I remember from that time is CF starting to make mock advances at me, and us pretending we were going to run away together. When me and Rolken started dating, our plots became more outlandish.
   My involvement in TSC has always sort of waxed and waned since then. When Rolken got really sick with the flu, and was out sleeping on the couch for a month, I would go into TSC a lot to socialize, to tell people about the video games I was playing, and just to have people to talk to who could say two words before falling asleep. During that same period of time, there were the beginning rumblings of Sonic Olympics. I was so excited about them, as it seemed like it would be a lot of fun to watch my friends shine. When we went out to New York for Thanksgiving, we took the opportunity to meet sonicam (and unwittingly met goalie as well). And then when we were in DC, Rolken was up to compete, and I remember getting a phone call from SM, telling us we had missed the time, and that we needed to get on soon, or we would be disqualified. We were in the city, and so drove to the mall, and I remember sitting there in my dad's car, sniping internet from the National mall, watching Rolken compete in the Sonic Olympics. It was exciting when all the drama was finally decided, and they declared us the winners, and Rolken got the championship T-shirt.
   When Rolken and I got married, I became very withdrawn from everything, irl and TSC included. It was a hard time for me, and so I really didn't do much. There were times, though, that I did feel ok, and would do stuff. That is the first time I tried Taing. I submitted a few records, and you know, felt legitimate, to a certain degree. It was the same way I felt when I beat Sonic 2 – like I was a part of the crowd.
   When my uncle introduced me and Rolken to the online version of Carcassone (known as Toulouse), I started coming into TSC a lot again, to get people to play with. I would also go there a lot during work, to talk to people while I had down time and was bored.
   But, I started to get involved in other things, and would come to TSC less and less, and only really used irc to PM Rolken. I would get my nickserv notices, and sign on to keep my nick registered, but didn't really come on for much else.
   And then we moved to Texas. We came here for six months, so Rolken could get some health stuff worked out. I have ended up spending a lot of my time here on the computer, and slowly over time, I have been drawn more and more into TSC. But the big change came in September. We were going out to New York, and I remembered that MK had mentioned living in Connecticut. So I started trying to coordinate with him to meet him, and we became better friends, and so I had someone else I was looking to talk to in TSC, and so I just started paying more attention to it, and Stefan mentioned mafia, and I love the irl game, and so I wanted in. And for the first time since I've been married, I have community again. When I first met Rolken, we had a group of friends that would hang out all the time, and like, I have always considered that year one of the best of my life, because I had those people around me, and I was a part of something bigger than myself. And just playing with mafia, and it being so easy to tell the difference between people from TSC, and people who aren't, and that -I- was part of it, that I belonged here, it was something that I cherish.
   And as that has happened, I have made friends with so many more people from TSC, and just, all of you mean something to me (who I know), and I'm glad that I can come in and partake of your awesomeness. I'd go through and tell the stories of different people and what they mean to me, but I am hoping that now is just the beginning of those stories, and so that they are better left to be written at another time. And so, when I was reading through Doug's #1, and I realized that I had been here for most of those moments, in a way, it felt very strange. I haven't been here for 4 years, have I really? I feel like I've been at TSC for about a month, because a month ago, that is when I truly arrived.
:)

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 08:09:11 pm »
I somehow found out about SDA (which I cannot remember how) and was planning on doing a Sonic Heroes speedrun.  I made a topic there and Taco told me about TSC (in a PM, if I remember correctly) (and on TSC's 2nd anniversary).  I'm drawing a memory blank for what I did here from late December '05 to late February '06, though (forum post gap).

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 08:55:04 pm »
Found it from SM's Youtube page. :P
Lurked around the forums for a few weeks and decided to join!

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 10:14:57 pm »
It was a dark and stormy night.

Okay, that was just for cliché's sake. I actually came from GameFAQs, but not with the original crew. Under the alias of BlueBlur314 (an account that is no longer active at gfaqs) I occasionally scouted the old school boards and/or the Sonic Advance board. I remember seeing Taco there. I remember a few TA topics over there and he'd always link over to TSC. I didn't actually join until after Christmas of '04 though.

(Random passerby: But it says you joined in July 2005!)

God damn Great Downtime. Rolken's backup had to be from November and not December.

Obviously the original topic is no longer there, but I started going to the chatroom some time after. RPG and Rayku (I think Rayku won the AIM race, but I'm not sure.) were both like "OMG I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU" and pre-submissions-banned genus (aka blueblaze at the time) finally just told me to come into the chat.

And then the great downtime hit and I was SEPARATED because I didn't use a real IRC client. Luckily I consistently checked back and eventually got the "yeah something happened" page. The events were somewhat different from the grand reopening though.

Though on that note...

<mike89> you didn’t try for Sonic/Tails into Knuckles’ boss area?

<Sprint> no, too difficult without savestates
MYTH BUSTED???
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Stefan

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 10:29:37 pm »
Long story short: I was looking up how to get all a ranks on SA2 on gamefaqs.com. I saw a topic detailing fastest times/higherst scores/etc. Someone (probably SM, looking back on it) posted F-Man's 1:52 CE1 video in the thread. I clicked, listened (i didn't even have the right codec installed to get video), and was extremely impressed. I joined.

It's funny, I remember tons of little bits and pieces from my first days here. I played hunting M1 times. It was just after the end of my 8th grade year when I joined. The World Cup was going on. CosmicFalcon was detailing girl problems and mmbouncing. Rolken was in Europe. And I felt like I was a part of a cool place.

I don't really do much competing anymore.. I really just stay for the people; like flyby said, it's kind of a community I feel like I'm part of. My peer group really isn't as witty, intelligent, and mature as TSC generally is. it's nice to be a part of people you can relate to.

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 10:37:32 pm »
Was looking for a site where I could submit my times in Sadv2 thinking I would have the world record for the first stage....

I was 9 seconds off <_<;;
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:51:25 pm »
I don't feel like writing up a huge story, so here's the basics:

A couple years ago, I was really into 4kids, mostly Sonic X and TMNT. (say nothing.) While watching the commercials I decided to check out the site for one of those sweepstakes, and eventually found my way to the forums. Those forums took about 7-8 hours for a post to actually appear after it was written, but I got used to it and joined into a large topic on the Sonic X boards that was essentially their version of a chatroom, I guess. I also was looking at a really huge fanfic (shut up.) and eventually while lurking other parts of the SX forum I found a link to TSS.

Then stage 2 of my internet life began. When I first joined TSS I was kind of active, more of just looking at stuff. However, after a time I located the -old- SCD, when it was still part of TSS. I was instantly hooked on the challenges, but before I could actually get anywhere on those SCD moved to make its own site, and I followed it.

TSS was nothing more than a passing memory, so I stayed with SCD. I was enjoying the community there (mostly) and the fangames they were making with SCDi. However, after the drama about how people could use slowdown and shit on the challenges it slowly got worse, so I tried to look for a new site. I looked through some topics one day and noticed RPG was appearing quite a bit, with his ol' title "TSC's Unluckiest Member!" That caught my attention, and that's when I found TSC: by a google search inspried by RPG.

I didn't really do much on TSC at first, when I signed up in January of last year I was mostly just lurking. A couple months later I joined the chatroom, and eventually got to where I am now.

So yeah, if any of you want to bitch at my existence, go take it up with RPG. :P

Or 4kids I guess, but you all already hate 4kids anyway

EDIT: Shit, that did come out a bit longer than I wanted to. Oh well.
Why can't English essays be this easy?
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 11:03:41 pm »
Was looking for a site where I could submit my times in Sadv2 thinking I would have the world record for the first stage....

I was roughly 2 seconds off of what eventually became my first record at TSC -- Egg-Go-Round-Cream. I remember it like it was yesterday. I had roughly 9.xx (2x if I recall). At the time, genus had the record (and I can't remember for the life of me what it was, and obviously it's gone now). It didn't actually take too long to set. (I set it about 10 days after I joined, probably after 2-3 days of collective effort.) I'm actually surprised it held for almost a year and a half before the self-proclaimed Boss Tamer (aka Quartz) took it by 0.02s.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Parax

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 11:59:09 pm »
I've known about TSC for a while - a couple years maybe. I don't remember how I first heard about it; it might've been through Google, or maybe SDA or a link somewhere else. I never really played Sonic games competitively in any way for a while though, so I never bothered joining. I joined in November 07 to post about a glitch I found in Sonic Heroes; I wanted to post it somewhere and figured TSC would be the place. After that, nothing really happened until a month later, when I got a 360 and Sonic 06. I wanted to compete so after playing through most of the game, I tried going to TSC to compare a couple of my times and got a fatal error. I went into IRC just to report the bug, but I ended up staying. :P

I never really liked hanging out in IRC channels before like SDA's or m2k2's, but - I don't know whether it's the constant activity and discussion, or the awesome people, or a mix of the above and a few other factors, but there's just something about TSC. :D

Offline Luxray

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 01:24:36 am »

I pretty much had the same reason and game. Just a different chart. Hot Crater 1 Times.

After that i came back for some sonic 3 and Advance 2 and 3 maps. After which i felt like joining.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline CosmicFalcon

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 07:06:45 am »
January 2004
GameFAQs
Cybrax's sig
Rolk posts "itt CosmicFalcon makes up times"
Chatty
Fadding with Cherry and Sprint
Operatorship

And the rest is history :(
"A graph of cf's coolness as age increases would be exponential." - Stefan [14:26, 2008/08/23]
"I now realise that CF is complete and utter win." - Cruizer [13:46, 2009/10/23]

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 07:34:39 am »
Google search, multiple years ago, for maps and videos.  Found the Media section here, found it extremely interesting.  Kept coming back because it helped with Heroes and then SADX (the first and second Sonic games I actually owned).  Mostly lurked around the media page, realized maybe a year later that the site was for competition more than anything else.  Got Mega Collection Plus for (I think) my 19th birthday, joined the competitions soon after that.  Ironically, I didn't start competing in SADX or SH for quite a while afterwards - a few months I think (don't feel like looking it up <_<)
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Azure

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 09:02:02 am »
I believe I was referred from YouTube. I'm not quite sure, but I started competing here shortly after I uploaded a few speedruns of Emerald Coast to my channel. I think I remember someone suggesting this place after seeing my SA skills.

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 11:33:11 am »
I don't remember how I found TSC, but I remember why I was drawn in - crappy uni networks stopped me playing online games, and I was desperate for a competitive outlet.  Oh, and I happened to be playing adv2 at the time.  Snatched a couple of records, got utterly hooked, and the rest is history :)

In fairness that's not the whole story, as I wasn't really part of the community until I overtook RPG for 2nd in adv2 and posted because I'd read he was quitting because of me (if only it had lasted, bloody score scalping spamming git >_>), and in all honesty haven't been around in irc and whatnot as much as many (although stupid bloody mafia is changing that <_<).
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 02:15:35 pm »
Similarly to Skylights, I originally came here looking for Sonic Rush competition. My methods were of the Google variety.

Then it all spread out from there, and here I am today. As a side note, TSC is part of my extremely exclusive "visit daily" site list, even though I don't compete as much as I used to. That alone shows this site has really had an impact on me :)
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 02:31:43 pm »
"How do I quote something?" "Hit the quote button, or the reply button." "I hit the reply button." "Then hit it harder."

So, here's my own quoting quoting >_> : although stupid bloody mafia is changing that <_<

Douglas, I think we're better for it. Keep coming! You gotta still prove to me that you're a cock, remember!
:)

Offline Alondite

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 03:20:03 pm »
  I found TSC when I was looking for Sonic CD, trying to get good futures in every level by destroying that machine for the best ending.  It wasn't long before I stumbled into the IRC, and just started chatting.  It was mostly genus, Stef and SDM at first, then I realized I didn't like genus much of the time, and that SDM was a double agent or whatever the hell he was doing, so I started to branch out a bit. 

The first stats I submitted were for Rush's X zones irrc.  I managed 2 records I think, quickly and easily, but then stopped playing Rush because I didn't really like it, and my records were taken.  I still have pretty decent ranks in those zones though.  I jumped around, submitting stats in various games, nothing to special...and then the emerald challenges came about.  I zipped through the chaos challenges, and did a few supers, but that was about the time when people stopped caring about ECs...so I stopped too.  It was at that time when I moved to S2.  I managed some pretty good times, within the top 10 for almost, if not all of Sonic's levels (I neverd bothered with knux...or SA/RAing), and did 1 or 2 SA/RAs before I realized that they were retarded >_>.  After that I got Gems Collection and realized I was pretty decent at Sonic R, so I posted some stats in that, got at least 1 record (any of which have since been lost :( ) but then stopped playing it. For some reason then...I just stopped competing altogether, not sure why, but I have't submitted since.

I'm mostly around now for the community.  Unfotunately, many of my friends around here are pretty much mindless Xbox fanboys.  They'll all be waiting in line to get GoW2 at midnight....sad :( . I've got a couple of respectable gamers who can play pretty well, so I play a little Brawl or various other games with them, but not too much.  Don't get me wrong my irl friends are great, but sometimes I need a bit more varied discussion rather than "omg Halo ftw". I've been here for a little over 2 years (I think), I've seen drama, I've seen people come and go, but I do feel like a part of the community here, and it's a community that I like to be a part of.  As long as my life permits it, I'll be around.

Offline Pokemonmaster888

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 03:25:32 pm »
I found The Sonic Center when I was trying to find a website with high scores and fastest times for Sonic Rush when I got it for Christmas back in December of 2005. I found it and another site, and joined the other site instead. In March of 2006 though, BenB17 encountered me on the other site's forum to ask me how I got my Night Carnival vs. Boss time (Which was the World Record then, I think) and requested that I joined TSC. I just said nah and left it at that, but then I decided to just join for the heck of it at the end of May in 2007. I distinctly remember a huge reason as to why I shouldn't have joined TSC, but I forgot it then and I still can't remember it to this day...

Offline werster

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 12:15:58 am »
As you all know, or at least should know, i came here through EM. Mafia was just something I came across, a friend sugested it, and i came across a few games with TSC people. The were the most friendly at mafia so then I only played with them. So then flyby decided I should come here. So flyby got 120 respect points and that is why you should all know me today.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 01:15:43 am »
I will now explain how I became a part of TSC.  I didn't truly join the internets until March 8, 2007, the day that I joined GameFAQs.  I joined primarily because of the Sonic 06 message boards.  People had so many questions about the game (and the trolls were lol), so I decided I wanted to help them out.  There was one day when I was playing Sonic 06, and I discovered a glitch to make the final boss of Sonic's story kill itself (hence the creation of this rule "In a boss fight, you may not make the boss leave the area to end the act early." lmao).  I tried to explain it to the people on GameFAQs, but apparently I didn't too well of a job of it.  So instead, I decided to show them how to do it.

Having already made a youtube account on February 27, 2007 (never used it at the time, which is why I say I didn't truly join the internets until March 8, 2007), I made my first ever youtube video on March 11, 2007, titled "S-Rank Sonic vs. Egg-Wyvern: defeat in under 50 seconds!!"  The first person to comment on the video was LordPsyBorg, a member of TSC who wanted to know what version of the game I used for that glitch.  He didn't state that he was from TSC, just that he was a time attacker, so I thought nothing of it and said it was for the PS3.  I posted another video on that same day just for the heck of it.  Then, on March 12, 2007, I added a video titled "S-Rank Sonic vs. Egg-Genesis: defeat in 40 seconds!!"  I'm not sure if it was on that same day or the day after, but someone on GameFAQs who was also a part of TSC was impressed with my performance (for iirc, he spent countless hours trying to get an unbelievable time on that boss, only to have a video come up soon after that beat his time.  Yay me~).  This was the man who introduced me to TSC, and it wasn't just any man...it was F-Man! *DUN DUN DUN* 

...anyway...on March 15, 2007, I joined the TSC family.  I joined for the love of Sonic, for the love of competition, for the love of being the best.  It's been one hell of a good time here at TSC.  The bs calls, the brilliant discoveries, the crazy chatroom, the thrill of competition, I loved and still love it all.  I went from one championship, to another, to another, to another...and I achieved my goal of becoming #1 sitewide at the greatest site known to mankind, a.k.a TSC! (except not really) *shot*

THIS
IS
TSC!!!
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 08:06:10 pm »
I love this place... you guys roxxor
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Taillow

• Changing forum names is lame...
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Quartz
  • win81 chrome
  • ...but it didn't stop me from doing it again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 08:27:36 pm »
I'm sure a few of you know this, but around the time I joined, I was playing Sonic Riders.  I wasn't all that interested in trying for a best time for anything but my own game.  Then, I can't remember the details, but Turbos (a member from some time back) showed me the site for... whatever reason, I can't remember, in relation to my Green Cave time.  I learned I was close to the record, so I decided to try to break it.  And I did.  And that's why I joined.  From there, I went for other Riders times, then competed in Advance 2 during my break times, then Advance 3.  And then the present.
Hi

Offline Antronach

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 08:46:23 pm »
I came here for n00bish reason best left classified (i.e. OMG Sonic CD's music is so awesum lolz lets brag on GameFAQs hey wat's dis place?)
Quote from: Emma Lover
Solution? Live with it.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 08:49:03 pm »
When I was like 17 years old I played Sonic Advance a lot. I loved it and enjoyed its soundtrack and time attack mode. I have always been a very competitive player and I remember spending a lot of time on Neo Green Hill Zone Act 1 as Sonic to improve my time. Then I completely forgot about Sonic Advance. Years later, at the end of 2006, I decided it was time to show off. I started looking for sites to compare my times with the times of other players. My best times on Neo Green Hill Zone Act 1 as Sonic were:

- 0:34:20
- 0:34:27
- 0:34:28

Looking at those times you should understand why I thought that I probably held the world record for that act as Sonic. I didn't find anything interesting searching for "sonic advance time attack" on Google. That day I was talking to a friend via MSN and told him what I was trying to find. He suggested me to include "speed run" as key words. I was like: "What in the world does that mean?". I searched for "sonic advance speed run" and found a speedrun of the game as Sonic. I was pwned by a TSCer for the first time in my life (and it wouldn't be the last). I simply couldn't believe it. The player completed Neo Green Hill Zone Act 1 as Sonic more than eight seconds faster than me! He used speed tricks and a path I never thought of. That TSCer was, of course, NintenDan (Taco on this forum). I'm not sure of this, but I think that there was a link to TSC in the description or the comments of that video.

So I found TSC, and was confused at the beginning: There were too many menus, everything was "clickable", comments popped up from times in italics, etc. But, at the same time, I loved it. I didn't join and started lurking. I discovered the exact meaning of "speedrun" the same day and a new world opened in front of my eyes.

When I got used to the site, I checked the chart in question and noticed that Aitamen held the record with a time of 0:24:45. I felt the urge to meet him and looked for a way to contact him. I found his MSN account and added him. We had a nice first chat because he was very pleasant (and odd at the same time because, you know, he is odd). I noticed that he loved TSC and I started to share that feeling. I still can't believe the fact that he submitted a few statistics that he had not gotten. :(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:41:21 pm by Zeupar »
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 05:38:31 pm »
October, 2005.

I worked with my colleague, Dark Maverick 8 (as some of you from the olympics '05 may know as Akio) on the now-dead and gone maverickHQ forums, where we postedrandom game stuff sporadically. The few of us that were there were a tight band of friends, with a diverse set of skills each.

Ever since I left for SCD, we have completely disbanded. The change was needed, though. I felt out-of-place being the only Sonic fan (and being ridiculed for it).

gah, gotta go. Editing this to completion later.

Print

Hits: 460 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.46 MB | Time: 0.14s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.