don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 660224 times)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #870 on: December 05, 2009, 08:03:52 am »
Another right to laugh: WJ2 is mine, so that leaves us with only MH1, GF2 and RH3!

I guess everyone liked what you did to City Escape. I mean just look at your 1:36. I don't think I need to say anything else!!

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #871 on: December 05, 2009, 08:15:20 am »
what the heck is going on here man all of a sudden you're a m2 master just like talon

wj2 came outta nowhere too, no warning no talk of it just BOOM you got it. you still gotta beat talon on both of these levels though..but..they're still good times!

I could get sub 41 since my 42 really sucked but who gives a flying feak about SA2

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 05, 2009, 09:12:46 am »
Yeah that sure came out of nowhere! I was thinking to myself that WJ2 still isn't ours and that I should try myself at it.A few attempts later I got a 43 with a really bad run, so I knew that it wouldn't be too difficult to get the record, though I didn't except to get it that easily.. <_<

sub41 shouldn't be too difficult, my 41.12 wasn't really perfect. Oh and I care about SA2 =P

EDIT: Ahhhh my record was beaten??? Well this sucks... and I wanted to take a break from SA2, but I can't stand seeing myself in second place on that chart...
I don't like this, I don't like this at all. But you know me, this'll be mine again in some point in the future!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 01:51:33 pm by finalrush7_ »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 11, 2010, 09:55:19 am »
The break is over.

Brian took two of my records. This means WAR! :P

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • android chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #874 on: January 11, 2010, 01:16:22 pm »
You took a lot of records away from me too xD, I'm just evening the score :D
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 11, 2010, 01:47:17 pm »
heheh
Can't wait to see the videos you have planned!

And just look at my new CG1 time!! This is what I've been going for for weeks back in 09, and now I get it after mere hours!

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • android chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #876 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:18 pm »
Great time there! I need to get back to playing again but I won't have so much time, 'cause I'll need to learn a lot of things for the test I'll do this year, if I pass I'll stay working there for my entire life :D

About my videos, I'm planning just one video for now, a CG M2 TA 'cause I think I can get a great in video, and I don't taped anything since my GF video :/. But I still want to upload some videos with the other chars too.
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 11, 2010, 02:05:35 pm »
Thanks! =D

You submitted a lot of really good times now, so you can easily rest a bit. If passing this test ensures you a good future, then screw Sonic and study for the test, you'll have lots of time to play afterwards.
I'm sure CG2 will be a good video, because the time itself is excellent! =)

Offline X-5

« Reply #878 on: January 11, 2010, 05:31:37 pm »
fr7 is playing again!! crazy new crazy gadget M1 record! Stats on the run? check times? check-free? maximum potential for the level?

Great to see Brian playing too! Really great new WJ2 record, about time it's been taken way down there by someone other than talon. tiny little RH1 improvement and GF3, and a great new CG2 record! Glad you finally submitted your CE1 time too, I was wondering why 1:45 was up for so long even though you got 1:41 months ago.

awesome guys..SA2B is alive once again!! I give you guys one more big challenge to go with the goal of getting all speed records: Take every one of paragod's records! Yes , even the city.. :P

Goodluck

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • android chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #879 on: January 11, 2010, 07:54:17 pm »
Hey brother!!! I'm very happy to see you posting again :D.

What's this "Take every one of paragod's records!" thing? You aren't retiring, are you? You have too much to give in this game man, and forget about the CE record, there's no one in this world that can match your skills there.

Offline X-5

« Reply #880 on: January 11, 2010, 11:40:50 pm »
brother Brian! haha that's cool.. neither of us 3 even know each other in the real life yet we still see ourselves as close enough to be brothers.. that's really awesome! amazing how a game, a message board, and competition can bring people so close.

I am never going to say I am retired cause you guys know what happens when I try, but it is just a good challenge for ya'll if I somehow can't get new records.

Don't say it cannot be done.. my green hill record is more perfected than CE is and look how close sir superstar got to it with practice. Speaking of that, I cannot believe he stopped when he was so close....we both see 23 possible now with ridiculous insanity, as in inconsistent tricks that almost never work.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 12, 2010, 03:36:43 am »
Well if that isn't Paragod posting here!!! That sure is vey nice! :O

It's obvious Para is just joking or being a little mean to us, everyone knows City Escape is absolutely unbeatable. sub1:45 is already pushing it for me, and even Brian struggles to get sub1:40. It's just impossible <_<
And yes, Final is playing again! About time, huh?

Well now to the stats of my CG1 run. Obviously, looking at the time, it just has to be checkless, no one beats Paragod by over half a second using a checkpoint! Naturally, I kept looking at the clock, so I can tell you that I reached the first check at pretty much 37.7 or so. Though I should add that I was approx. 0.2 seconds behind my best time after being sucked into the first tube. (Protip: as soon as you break the glass of the tube, let go of the joystick. It gives you a better chance of being sucked in quickly.)
Now from here on comes the hard part for me, so I wasn't able to look to the clock very often, but I finished the one light dash at around 1:05.7 and the long light dash that goes outside the building at exactly 1:12.1 (I paused there in thinking that even if this runs gets screwed, I'd at least have a really good time to hold on to).
I didn't look at the clock at all when hitting the last check as I had to focus on hitting the switch behind it, but I would guess that I hit it at a low1:29 or a high1:28.

So yeah, on the colored blocks, I always use the light dash on the trail or around 6-7 rings as it sets me up in a perfect distance to the wall to pull off a good super bounce, but this time I made a little mistake there. You all know how sometimes Sonic light dashes only the first ring of a ring chain and flies somewhere to the side. Well, this happened here, too, but I just had to press B once again to be back on track (this almost never works. Lucky me!).

Can't think of any mistake at the moment, so I'd say the 0.2 at the beginning plus the light dash mistake that also cost me around 0.2 seconds and that's it already! Maybe I lost like half a second overall? Yeah, somewhere there. I definitely got nervous in the end as I knew the run was exceptionally good!! I almost screwed up the last jump ot the platform with the goal ring because I was so nervous and let go of the A button to hold the B button to charge up a spindash as quickly as possible, thus my jump ALMOST would have been to short. Phew.....

Not gonna talk about perfection just yet, but I'd say that if I were to do a compeltely error-free run, 1:37 could possibly be in sight. I have this feeling mainly because my feeling tells me that the superbounce trick I did to get to the end of the 4 robots to light dash the 6 ring behind it (you know, I made a small vid about it - at around 0:42 or so) could have been at a slightly lower height. No idea if and how much time I lost there, though.

EDIT: After like 10 hours of M3.. nothing. I had a completely PERFECT run, after the long light dash I was at 1:11.7, that's 0.5 better than my personal best, and it all lookd so damn awesome, but I fucking messed up at the room with the 3 ACs. FUCKING SHIT!!!! I homing attack into one but Sonic sorta homing attacked through it. It got destroyed, but I couldn't do that B+A anymore. Damn man, my frst check must've been at 37.5 or something crazy like that.
:sadface: <__<

City Escape in 1:33!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =O =O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dGYsVQYKec
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:33:14 am by finalrush7_ »

Offline X-5

Watch out SG, FR7 is gonna getcha for taking his FR1 record!

So anyway, let's discuss the record. Do you agree with me in thinking that without the shortcut, his run was average and would of been 2:10 maybe 2:09? Meaning it should not be too hard to take back. What do you think the max is now?

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Personally I think SG is gonna keep pwning all the records that were in a way "Perfect".

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline X-5

yes he will, he is the next gen best S/S player in the world. nobody can touch him..except Brian if he plays still...

however. FR1 is an exception, cause my man FR7 is the fr MASTA, he loves the level, his determination for the level is on par with the best, he refuses to give up this record. it is his level for all eternity! Not even SG, Brian or me will stop him.

Offline Buizel

• Stay classy.
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Psyknux
  • win81 mozilla
  • 許しませんっ!
    • View Profile
    • The Faec >:O!!!
Personally I think SG is gonna keep pwning all the records that were in a way "Perfect".
Sonic/Shadow levels, at least. We'll have to see about the other levels.

Also I should note that between Paragod, PoT and brian you all only hold 25 of the 41 S/S records. Better get playing!
Hay guiz, I made a table showing how many points each game tracked by TSC is worth. You should go see it.
Also v2.0 of my TSC calculator is available to use. You should totally use it.
I update these every Monday around 2:30pm GMT.

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • android chrome
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
Yeah, that video was awesome, but as I said to him yesterday: This record can be beaten. If you noticed, at the beginning he enters the building at low 18 or high 17 sec, and his time at the first check was high 44, as you guys got in your runs a while ago. So I think he could be faster at the beginning, not to mention his "mistake" at 1:36(stage time), it wasn't a mistake, but he could be a lot faster there, something around 0.7 sec. But after all, even using checks, his runs are amazing to watch. I think the max would be around high 2:02 with and low 2:02 without checks.

There's only 3 stages left for him: Pyramid Cave(which is being a hell to him), Final Chase, and the last one: Green Hill(sub 24 is coming). And psyknux is right, the 3 of us together have only 61% of the Sonic/Shadow records, so I think our hegemony is almost over, unless we do something about this. And Para, I have nowhere near his ability as a S/S player, the only stage I still stand a chance is GF, where a very few people really play :/, I'm taking a break from the speedrunning world, even if you guys don't see me submitting new stats, I'm still playing a lot, I'm not retired but I think I put too much effort on my times leadership, I need a break. And SSBM is an awesome game! I missed it so much!

Offline X-5

I await the legendary sub 24 GH. I assume he uses superstar's beginning route, and does some of the harder inconsistent tricks I didn't feel I could pull off all in 1 run, like skipping the loop with a perfectly timed jump instead of a jump + homing attack which saves probably a tenth or two.

For pyramid cave, that one definitely needs some improvement, probably sub 1:30 for sure if he can perfect it. I lost a second by missing the stupid hour glass, lost a little over a second by not doing the door first jump, and lost several by not knowing about all those shortcuts Brian showed me. Plus the run was not perfect.. so I predict he will definitely get at least 1:31 at worst, and probably sub 1:30!

I'm shocked we still have 25 of the records, but really I guess I am not cause there's so many missions he has not played yet. Once he does we're screwed. :P

I think it may be over, but that's okay cause there's always someone new that blows everybody away. I mean I could definitely give him a good challenge if I felt like playing again, we all know how far my determination can take me given some incentive. CE1 is going to be mine eventually though if nothing else. Me being in second place is just wrong, just like FR7 being second in FR1.. FR7 FR1... heh :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
hmm, where do I start? maybe by revealing that I have have set my sights on sub2 in Final Chase? Yes that's right, it IS possible!

Anyway, back to FR... well I agree the run was 2:08-like-y, but I can't believe we didn't notice with such a shortcut... jumping up between the gap.. brilliant!
And yes, I can definitely see 2:02 being possible now... but having played some FR today I can safely say I'm a few dozen hours of playing off my perfect timing.. the road sure isn't easy, but soon I'll be getting sub2:10s and then we'll see from there!

Offline X-5

I wish you the best of luck my friend!

Sucks how you lose so much skill from not playing huh? but at least generally, once you get it back you end up better than before since you've had such a nice long break.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Analyzing the run:

The first 35 seconds look really good. Almost perfect. I liked his one trick at the first rail where he rail switches without a jump instead of jumping plus B+A. Definitely saves some time plus you have a faster speed on the ground. Saves roughly half a second..

Now I'm not sure about doing the trick off the rail.. I need to check our old posts to see when we hit the first checkpoint at our best. If doing the trick off the rail at least doesn't cost any time, he should be around half a second faster than us at the first check. He hits the first check at 44.8.

Death at first checkpoint. Time lost: 0.8 seconds. (-0.8)

First platforming part goes well like it should, and then comes the new trick. I cannot tell you exactly how much time he saved there, mostly because I don't have the perfect timing for it yet. After the trick come 5 seconds of platforming until the point where he has to double bounce to reach the platform with the AC (the shortcut I discovered.. I know we gave it a name but unfortunately I can't remember it..). He's definitely a bit slow there... lost some precious tenths.. (-0.4)

He hits the backwards rail at exactly 1:12.5.

He does jump, turn around and B+A the rail, giving him much more speed. The check is hit at a very high 1:17.

Nothing special in this part, he doesn't even bounce at the wall losing some tenths.. (-0.1)
Lost also a tenth or two at a rail transition here, nothing too important. (-0.1)

Lost around a tenth or two because of the last bounce before the final AC being a bit too low. (-0.2)

The ending is perfect (and not really hard...) so that's it.

Overall time lost: 1.6 seconds (0.8 seconds because of a death).

Para, agree/disagree? Tell me what you think first before we continue.

Offline Werey

• TSC TOP 30!
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Beep beep Wereycar coming through Beep Beep
    • View Profile
Oh dear. Looks like someone beat the green hill record.
What are you gonna do now, Paragod D:

Championships: Sonic Unleashed DLC.

Offline Stefan

« Reply #892 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:48 am »
I remember when I was good at sa2:B

Print

Hits: 1,559 | Hits This Month: 10 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.15 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.