don't click here

How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?

Print

Author Topic: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?  (Read 680212 times)

Offline X-5

Re: How much time do you lose when you respawn from a checkpoint in SA2:B?
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2008, 06:45:27 pm »
50% consistency sounds crazy to me at the moment.. I hope when I have to beat you I can start pulling it off that often, or I will probably give up ever taking the record back if you get 2:11.5 or lower, that is definitely my max using my n00b rail strat at 1:07 :P

good job being the first to get a 1:23 mid-check! I could do it without the rail strat if I was completely perfect, but I never quite managed it with my best being 1:24.4 or so. I am sure 1:22 is doable as well, that would potentially be a high 2:09 with a perfect ending.

the way I see it is:

2:12.35- Had a 1:24.8 or 1:24.9 mid-check w/o the fast rail switch at the end. Soo..

1:23.9 check + fast rail switch w/ flawless ending = 2:10.9
1:22.9 check +fast rail switch w/ flawless ending = 2:09.9!

use this as a reference for your target time, keeping in mind you cannot restart there for it to work. I guess you can add a second for restarting..which means 1:23.9 could of beat me even with a restart if you do very well, and it shows how 2:09 really is ultra hard.

Brian, heh, well I can try to beat your mission 1 time tonight or tomorrow but I really do not see myself getting 1:22. 1:24 is a very clean run, to beat it will be hard enough for me. Of course I can do better than 1:29, I just wanted a completion there. I should probably do Mission 5 as well since jawzun only tried once for that time and 1:30 is probably possible. Mission 2 could probably improved to low 34 as well now that I know your trick, maybe even 33?

do you plan to take green forest 3 back? a solid run and a good ending can do it. I would like to think 50 is possible but I really cannot see that without tas.

Offline X-5

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2008, 06:54:36 pm »
2 checkpoints? I thought I had forbid you to use that many! you do not want the record with two checks anyway right?  the time is fast for two... but when you beat me you better use only one!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • TSC: PoT
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2008, 07:23:30 pm »
Yeah, 2. I'm sowwy! :(
Hit the first at 0:45:59 and the second at 1:23:83.

I guess your calcs are right, but that would really require perfection..!
Then again, what's your personal best at the first checkpoint? Maybe things can be improved there already? I would love to the the level being sub2:10'd, but just thinking of it makes me shudder.

To be honest, I don't care that much about how I break it, as long as I do. But of course, it's not like I'm just gonna sit there are watch it being broken again, I'll still be trying to improve my time, just with a lot less effort of course. And the pressure will be gone, I guess.

Well, good luck on getting the 1:07 rail trick to work!I'm sure that after a few hours you'll have the hang of it.

My Channel: www.youtube.com/finalrush7
- Paragod is the best Sonic/Shadow SA2:B player ever.

Offline X-5

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2008, 08:23:45 pm »
how many lives to you use? if you use a checkpoint(maaaaybe two) and only use the default 4 lives plus maybe a few you find during the stage I will consider myself beaten. but if you do something ridiculous like using 99 lives through out 2 checkpoints and say, restart 42 times at the first and 33 times at the second that is just a ridiculously terrible way to take the record considering I practiced to do it in 1 life. I would not consider myself beaten nor would I congratulate you :P

I have at best gotten to the first check at about 45.8, but I almost always get 46.5, you must be better than me at the beginning.. so it is odd that you've not managed to be more consistent at the rest.

Thanks.. I..I hope I get the hang of it. If I do, I will definitely get at least 2:10, and maybe consider the sub.. depends on if I feel I can do it without killing my controller and my hand, and how you react. I am sure you would be unhappy if I got 2:09 before you even had a chance to touch first place.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2008, 09:43:23 pm »
Nah, I start with the default 4. Then, if needed when abusing a checkpoint, I get the 6-7 extra lives in the level.
If I would have used 99, I'd probably have the record by now. I used to practice with 99 lives, because it was just a faster way to ..well...practice. <_< (Thanks for the glitch SM!)

Thing is, I can get sub 0:46 on the first checkpoint only 20% of the time, it's not that easy, seeing as it is actually luck how you're being shot by the big, long, super-shortcut rail. And when I do everything right(about every 3rd or 4th try) it's still only a half-half chance at the 1:07 rail trick.

Oh, don't you care about me. My goal is to bring the FR m1 time down as much as possible, getting the WR is only of priority 2! Go for it, as soon as you get the hang out of it, you will have the 2:10.
I will do everything possible to at least have the record before you can improve your time again!

Offline X-5

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2008, 10:41:01 pm »
oh okay, good. I was not sure if you were using 99 lives to set a record or not. I know jawzun used to do that to get records, (even using ar) thankfully he has stopped. using 99 or 9838923 lives is fine for practicing, but that many restarts to beat a record would be pathetic.

the big rail being luck.. I am not sure but it seems like you gotta hold the stick the right way, seems like when I hold up and a little bit right it does it quite often, but really I dunno.. maybe we will eventually figure that out.

well, I have been playing a little bit tonight so I will try some more on the 1:07 rail..(we need a name for that damn thing) if I get it down.. you know you can expect a 2:10 soon!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2008, 11:00:26 pm »
lol @ 9823948 lives. A lot of players use it, and I don't really mind it. I may use it, too, when I go for a time like CE that has this one CP near before the booster, so I don't really have to do the snowboarding every time <_<

Yeah, I actually noticed that just after I posted my message. w00t, further consistency!

You're right, we need a name for this. How about Superrail? Railshot?

And do you really think you can get a 2:10 easily with the 1:07 rail trick nailed? I mean, it doesn't save you 1.4 seconds. Then again, you still have the last rail transition (need a name for this, too!), but I'm not sure how much time this saves..

Offline X-5

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 11:17:19 pm »
I like those.. how about Super Railshot? Or maybe FR7 Super Shot.. Or FR7pwnparagodssuckyn00brailstrat nah that is long lets just go with Super Railshot! if you like it.

I think I can get 2:10 without having to be outrageously perfect(as in playing 12 hours a day for a week straight to get it, something I am un-capable of anymore) assuming it saves at least a second, which I think it does.  The rail transition at the end actually seems to save an unnoticeable amount of time, I had a run with a similar 1:24.8 check and it did not seem to save any time.. I know it has to save at least some tenths though if I notice them or not.

Offline X-5

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2008, 12:16:48 am »
been playing FR for about an hour.. my consistency is actually at about 25 to 40% thanks to you telling me where to jump! :)

heres what has been going on.

I had a run with a 1:23.57 last check, but I screwed up and used the 1:23 check, got 2:12.09. Would of had 2:11 :(

I did the Super Railshot very well, but then I missed the next rail, probably lost half a second.

I had a run with a 1:23.4 check, I did very well with the Super Railshot (SR) but I only landed by the spring, meaning like the other run this could have gotten me a 1:22.5 check. I missed the rail switch at the end and died w/ no lives left on this run.

And I had a 1:23.6 check where I completely screwed up the rail before the spring(didn't get close enough to bounceball) and definitely lost another 1:22 check and shot at 2:10.
I screwed up somewhere with no lives and could not retry on this one.

so in other words.. I think the SR saves at least 1.5 seconds, if not 2 when you get it with very minimal air-time! I wish it'd stop being stupid at the end and let me have a completion

Offline X-5

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2008, 12:54:40 am »
Finally.. sub 2:12! I had a good run with a pretty good SR(not a perfect shot) and ended up with maybe 1:23.30 check? I think I lost a lot of time after wards though.. maybe half a second cause I was nervous :P Of course, I did not restart at any checks.

I think I will stop for tonight.. but I still know 2:10 is reasonably possible, I could maybe do it tonight but my spindash finger is in pain again and my eyes are kind of wearing out and the game is becoming blurry..

2:11 looks cool!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2008, 09:12:25 am »
Congrats, very well done! You widened the gap by 0:69!
This absolutely forces to me use one checkpoint, so I can thank you there as well.

Judging from a few calcs, as perfect last part run without restarting is around 48 seconds.
A perfect first part run is 45.6, but I'm not too sure about the middle part.

Damn, this means I'll have to play again. I can get that 0.7 difference down, but only when I use one or no checkpoint. My consistency is being challenged again, but I'm not giving up yet! At least I know how to let myself flying from the big rail...this will help me a bit. I guess I'll start with only using the 1:24 (1:23 from now on!) checkpoint.
*runs off to play..!*

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2008, 12:34:44 pm »
2:11:64

YES!
YES!
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I BROKE IT!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started with the default 4, first run was:
Got the the first checkpoint at around 0:46.7, didn't have to restart, near flawless run, the superrailshot shot me perfectly near to the end of the platform, hit the last checkpoint at 1:22.99 (1:22 !!!!), then I died <_<
Had 3 lives left, made a mistake on that run, went to collect the 6 lives, then I had 8.
Got it when I had 3 left! A few micro-mistakes there, and a checkpoint abuse, but who cares?
I FINALLY HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YESYESYES!!!

God.....no idea what else to say.....
  Rest easy, heroes!

Offline X-5

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2008, 02:18:56 pm »
the determined 'newcomer' did it!! I am shocked, I am amazed! most people around here just regard my good times as impossible and do not even try cause they are afraid to work for something. but you are like me, you have that magical determination to go again and again til you get it, no matter how much work it takes! how does it feel with paragod on the second spot.. looks and feels crazy huh? it sure does to me! what kinds of things did you shout in real life? :P did anybody hear you?

and you got it with just one day left to spare! perfect timing huh? go and celebrate! tell everybody! throw a huge party! then study hard, get that awesome job you want and impress them with your performance! you can do it! you are smart, skillful, masterful.. you can have anything you want just like me cause you can keep on trying til you succeed!!! YEAH!!!!!!

CONGRATS   FinalRush7!!!!! YOU ARE GREAT!

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 18, 2008, 02:53:01 pm »
Oh god!
YOU DID IT! By a few centiseconds, but you did it! You are amazing, you didn't give up at any moment unlike me!! (I give up constantly and then come back) I am very amazed cause of the fact that you kept trying until the end.

When I got my 2:19 I was like: "Oh, yeah, this time is good!" because I thought 2:11 would be perfect, and now you both have just made my time look stupid XD

You guys are making me want to play more and still more each time, but I can't, and that hurts :(
 :(

WHY?! 
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:22 pm »
The determined newcomer, yeah, he did it!
When I got it, I just..don't know, I was laying there....and was like OMFG I DID IT I DID IT!!!!! I repeated that around 20 times, until my mother told me to STFU <_<

Until two months ago, I couldn't even get sub 2:45. All these 4 years it was my goal to just get this one record! I've always tried hard, and even though I watched your vid and read Zealous' guide, I still couldn't get my time lower. Then, around 50 days ago, I decided to play again a bit for fun. After a while, I just noticed how I generally improved on the game, not just this one stage. After 1 try at FR, I got a 2:31 time.
I went to this site again to notice that the record still hasn't changed, and I watched Paaragod's vid again and noticed that there are a few parts I can do faster. I decided to copy the vid and include my own little trick to be able to beat him. It also helped me that my old friend DsS had a 2:29 here. Rivalry is always good!
Slowly, day by day, I seemed to get faster times on a daily basis. The holidays I have (only 1 day left!) really helped me, I had enough time to play the stage for 3-4 hours a day, something I could never do on an average school day or the weekend.

I was also really lucky that you, Paragod, responded quickly to this topic, which then became another rivalry, if only for this level. I still remember how bad I felt when I still had a 2:16 and Paragod just jumped to a 2:12. It really seemed impossible, and it didn't help that my holidays were coming to an end. Good thing I didn't give up. I probably would have given up if the holidays were just one week shorter.

I still can't describe that feeling, it was just soooo amazing! I instantly told all my friends about it, and they all congratulated me of course. It feels so good reaching an aim after more than 4 years.

It's time for school again, only one more day to really rest. I will still concentrate on FR, trying to bring it's time lower and lower..
How about you? I'm sure you're not gonna give up, especially not after it's that close. I guess you could take the record back even today!

Oh, and guess what? *Grabs gold trophy, even if just for now* HAHA!!!

CONGRATS   FinalRush7!!!!! YOU ARE GREAT!
Thanks a lot, Paragod!!! And of course Jawzun (I hope you can play soon again) as well. I had the best support/competition possible.

Offline X-5

« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2008, 05:11:02 pm »
ha.. I was going to put something about the gold trophy in my other post but I forgot. you made a nice summary of your progress, I enjoyed reading it.

I really am excited and happy for you! I know exactly how a hard-work payoff feels. It can be amazing sometimes. I felt really great when I beat F-Man on city escape, because that is my favorite level and I had to play for quite a while to beat the best. tho I had an easier time than you did beating me cause the record there was very unoptimized.

I am glad you decided to post this topic.. if you had not the record would not be what it is, and when you finally beat me I would of been thinking oh great.. now I gotta get that record back from this new guy, and your victory would not have been as rewarding or exciting for us all. but instead I got to know you much better personally so I can be happy for you getting the record, I would of never felt that way towards a random person. Plus it showed me that you have worked VERY hard for this, probably as much as me or maybe more, so you totally deserved it.

one day to rest..or party!! I guess doing either of which is fine.. it definitely calls for a party but if you need rest you should do that.

me.. well I probably could get something better if I tried, but I think I should leave the level alone for a while.. a few weeks maybe instead of being mean and taking it hours later. Since you beat me, both of our targets should definitely be 2:10, and you have no reason to use checkpoints now :P from now on we can all play with no pressure. well unless jawzun goes crazy on this level. 46.7 check is pretty slow, you lost 1.2 sec there.. plus a second or so from the checkpoint.. proof of 2:09 as a realistic possibility! but 2:10 comes first, unless we get really lucky.

by the way jawzun.. stopping for a little while is not giving up, saying "I can't do it" or "Paragod used cheats" and never playing again is giving up.

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2008, 05:32:22 pm »
Thank you, it's good to hear people care about and understand what I write.

Same goes here, Final Rush is my absolute favorite level, and you didn't make it easy, so it's quite an achievement for me.

Yeah, I'm glad, too. It's funny how I would never have expected you, from all the people to post in here. I have worked hard, but it's doesn't even come close to these 400 hours of City Escape! But it paid off, didn't it? No one's gonna even come close to that time! The second best is 8 seconds away! Who knows if it will ever be broken..

hehe, I won't force you to go and break the record again, actually =D
2:10 definitely seems doable, but a perfect run is required. The one of us to get it will probably just be playing the level for fun, and then BAM.
Oh and I noticed I made a mistake: it's not 46.7, it's 45.7 at the first checkpoint. Sorry!

I'll still be playing the level for fun, and might even find some other timesavers as well. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know!

Oh, and just in case ;)
http://photobucket.com/albums/gg279/finalrush7/haha.jpg

Offline X-5

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2008, 09:16:00 pm »
why is my reply the last you would expect? did you just think I was not around the site anymore?

yeah, I have put at least 10 times more effort into city escape than any other level. I think my 2000 hour estimate is totally messed up come to think of it, cause for one.. I just noticed my play file has 893 hours total.. so.. probably 500 of them were on city escape :P thats almost 75% for one single mission. In comparison Final rush has maybe 25 total? imagine 500.. I could do 2:09 then! ;)
On CE 1:35.8 has to be the absolute flawless limit(assuming no robots play), so you only get about 1 second of mistakes total and a shot at #1 is gone. I have a feeling it will remain a record for some years, but if somebody like you comes along they may be able to take it, but it will probably take less time since they will not be constantly finding new tricks and re-doing the level like I did.

Ha, it'd be funny if this site stays in existence forever, and when I turn 100 years old someone finally beats my CE record.. I'd be sitting in my chair saying oh man.. I wish I could play as good as I could when I was 18.. I can barely press the buttons now and I finished in 10:32..I will never get my record back..damn kids!! why did you take so long to beat me :(

45.7 check huh? well, that changes things quite a bit, 2:09 would probably require a 1:22.2 check with NO restarts at all. Sounds fun! that is definitely maxed for a person though.. less we find those new tricks, which we probably will. I will let you know of any I find as well! One day, we may be racing for the crazy sub 2 barrier. I did play some final rush tonight for fun, I got a 2:12.00 and 2:12.04, heh. Nothing special, but the 2:12.00 did have a 1:24.2 check due to a terrible SRS and 46.6 or so first check, I'd love to get 1:22!

cool picture, if you ever do a checkpoint-less 2:10 I want to see a video.

by the way, check out my new avatar picture.. it is my new final rush trophy thanks to you!

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2008, 10:08:55 pm »
It's not like I didn't expect you, it's just that there are around 200 SA2 players, so the odds of you posting here are actually slim. I'm really glad you posted in here and we got to know each other. This one-stage rivalry is just so awesome, it's actually much better when I had a Sonic2006 one with DsD!

I think I've put around 100 hours into Final Rush, which is..well, at lot. Nothing compared to your 500 hours of course, but yeah.
And don't worry, I don't think that anyone will beat your time soon. Half the people already give up when they see such a time because it seems so impossible.
Same was with FR. When I came to this site, I had a 2:45 as my best time. I saw your record, and it was 30 seconds faster! I thought that it would be impossible for me to do it, but luckily you made that 2:16.99 vid, which helped me a lot.

Forever, yeah. I just finished reading a manga (Suzuka), in which the main characters grow up during it and marry at the end and stuff, and along with your post now, it really made me think about the future.....
I HATE thinking about the future of such stuff, it always makes me remember that nothing lasts forever... :(

and when I turn 100 years old someone finally beats my CE record.. I'd be sitting in my chair saying oh man.. I wish I could play as good as I could when I was 18.. I can barely press the buttons now and I finished in 10:32..I will never get my record back..damn kids!! why did you take so long to beat me :(
That was really funny, actually XD.
I sincerely hope that at least this one record shall remain yours for all eternity! Because you deserved it more than anyone else.

You're right about the 2:09 part, but a 1:22.2 checkpoint? It really seems impossible. I know my run was near-perfect, and I was never shot this far by the SRS except for that one run, but I can't see where I lost 0.7-0.8 seconds.
Two very good times there, I really admire your consistency.

Racing for the sub2 barrier would definitely be one of the best things ever! But to accomplish that, new shortcuts need to be found. But who is gonna find them?
You, me, maybe jawzun, or another newcomer. That's it. So there's still work left!

As for the trophy, it looks awesome! But.. was it intended to be silver?

Offline X-5

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 02:01:55 am »
I am glad to know you too :) you have plenty to say, some people here are very boring with little to say and it kind of sucks, I guess it is just generally quiet here because the site needs more players. SA2 just like many others games has very little active competition, which sucks!

Are you going to target another level and go for the record? or maybe just go for a halfway decent time in lots of them? I know you have more times than final rush, you should definitely submit them regardless of how good they are.

I suppose one stage competitions are cool, cause you get to focus on one thing and push it to the limit instead of jumping all over the place setting just "okay" records. Thing is..most of the "perfected" levels like CE and metal harbor and green hill I did by myself, I wonder if they'd be any lower with competition like we had on FR, since FR dropped 4 seconds with potential for more by us both going at it instead of just me. I left it at 2:15 thinking 2:13 or 2:14 was perfect, now we know 2:10/2:09 is perfect

If I see someone trying for one of my records I like to try to help out as much as I can. I really am not that great at finding crazy shortcuts and tricks(unlike SM and his thousands of crazy wall glitches and that cool 99 lives trick) but I do my very best to help out by giving out every trick I know.

it is cool how good you actually get when you go for fast times huh? you probably look back at 2:45 and even 2:31 and wonder how it is possible that you were so "bad", considering you could beat that every single time now, but before it was your very best after many tries. I look back at a lot of levels that way myself.

The future.. can sometimes be a little scary, because nothing in life is guaranteed and you could lose everything that makes you happy, or even your life at any time. You can only hope for the best. Thankfully things usually work out though, if you are a good person to deserve it. For example..for my whole life I have never been able to talk. Biologically I am not sure why...I..just have never been able to produce any sounds like everyone else can. That would normally make it very hard for me to take care of myself, as every job I have seen requires communication, making it impossible for me. But of course as I said things sometimes work out, to make up for such a disability I have parents that care very much and do not mind taking care of me even though I am 19. That is why online competition is so cool, I can actually have discussions whilst I play, that is impossible in a real life tournament.

Thanks for all the positive comments you have made about me.. there are tons of them! I don't think I have ever had anyone else think so highly of me before, it is definitely a cool feeling knowing someone respects and looks up to all of the effort I have put in, plus it is very encouraging to help me go for even more records!

Yeah, I just know we will find more big cuts someday! As for the trophy, well yeah it was intended to be silver since I am second place now, you took my precious gold! Just wait til I set a time that requires a checkpoint free run, you will have to adapt and changes your habits just like I did a year and a half back :P

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2008, 09:53:52 am »
The reason I have plenty to say in here is because you're such a fun person to talk with. You're open-minded and encourage the others players. Just as you said, the new competition just looks as your amazing times and says "crap, I can't possibly beat this", then they jump to other games. Can't blame them, there's a lot of records that just can't be broken without hours and hours of practice.

Target other level, huh? I might do that, I've been thinking of CE (2nd place <_<), and Crazy Gadget (the vid's not available anymore :'( ), but I guess I'll submit my times as of now. I haven't really tried at any other stage, but from checking now, I see that I'm always under the top 20 at least. Well, with me 2:45 FR time I was like 17th or so as well <_<

I doubt those smaller levels with ever go down by like 4-5 seconds. They don't have all these alternate paths Final Rush has to offer..

Yeah,  the 2:45 time if the only one I can actually look back to, but it amazes me every time I think about it!

I appreciate all the help you gave me, I wouldn't be able to come even near the record without it. Supporting people is definitely one of your strengths!

I am very sorry to hear about such a biological disability. That's really...shocking. It really shows how hard and unfair life can be. Thank God you have such nice parents to take care of you. ...I really hope that you will be able to talk one day!

heh, I think you've complimented me more than I did you. There aren't many people that understand how hard it was to do stuff like this, but you are one of them. As I said, you're one of my idols and definitely SA2's best speedrunner! (just too bad I had to remove tha from my sig on GFAQs <_<)

..A checkpoint free run? My worst nightmare :D
I was always scared that I couldn't rely on checkpoints anymore, but I got better and better at the stage, at the end beating the record with the use of one checkpoint. Though  I must say, this is (-0.2 seconds or so) the absolute max I can get out of the stage with one checkpoint. So yes, it will definitely force me to do it CP-free!
I already have a few small shortcuts in mind, they just need to be tested...

Offline X-5

« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2008, 09:04:20 pm »
wow.. I am  not so sure what to say! er..thanks for the compliments :) I guess crazy records do scare competitors off.. if I had 2:09 on FR you'd of probably given up at 2:20. that sucks.. you are supposed to make the records as crazy as possible so people see the challenge and try to take them down, instead mine scare some away :(

Second place on CE? I would enjoy watching you make that climb! I am absolutely sure you could do it, tho it may be a little harder than 2nd (was) on FR. Plus Jawzun will most likely go after you if you beat him,(when he gets that dang TV so he can play) so you could have some good competition with him while you work your way up towards me! If you ever start trying for 1:36 though.. be warned you will have to put up with a lot of annoyances. Whether its the fact you have less than a second of error for the whole stage, or sonic flying off a hill when he's supposed to spindash it..or maybe..1:36 will have you playing forever or so it will feel like!

oh yeah, I still have the crazy gadget video, I can upload it. I have been needing to anyway cause I know dead videos upset people, but I never got around to it.

yeah, it does seem unfair to me sometimes. like most things in life my situation does have its advantages, like unlimited free time and such. But..I would still choose being like everyone else over unlimited free time, since I cannot seem to make any friends because of it, the best I can do is stare at someone at someone or answer a yes or no question.. quite boring for them, but hey I can not blame them, speaking is a very important vital part for someone to tell if they want to start a friendship or not.
 It is easy for me to feel lonely and unwanted, but I just have to tell myself it is not really my fault, most would like me if I could speak to them... Thinking that usually makes me feel better. Plus our little conversation and competition here has been very helpful! I hope I can talk someday too, but I do not know if that is possible. I can always wish, you just never know.

Support is one of my abilities huh? no one has told me that before, I will keep that in mind.

Of course I understand how hard it is, I have put a lot more hours into this game than you(I assume?) as well as many other games. Competition really does test your fingers and mind to the limit, so it can be quite a tough strain on you when you want to chop off that last second to be virtually perfect.
* Paragod is proud to be one of your idols!

check out my new time ;) I like it, I think we should both not submit any 2:11's, only 2:10's and below. Pretty good SRS, I got to the checkpoint at about 1:23.5, no restarts. I had a good ending, but I was still nervous(wish that would stop!) so I know could do a super optimized slightly faster ending if I would just calm down, it is only a game!  I guess we have to share the trophy now.. or cut it in half..or something. up to you!

your holiday is now over :( I hope you manage to do very good with school, and still manage to find a little time to play! Gotta get CE #2!!.....or 1?!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:28:25 pm by Paragod »

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2008, 09:47:05 pm »
WTF? So you didn't break my record....you...you TIED WITH IT!!!
This is just so epic. We're the only ones tied out of all the times on SA2!

I don't know how to feel, it's strange being tied in a time record, especially on such a long level... I'm definitely out of words now, and that never happens to me <___<

We'll see how CE turns out. I have a 1:58 now, and an 1:44 seems doable. I'm good at copying such stuff off, but as always, the problem is consistency. I guess I'll go with my old 99 lives practice method to see how well I do. One thing that definitely will screw me over are the hills during the truck chasing!

Support, yeah. How come you didn't notice it yourself? :D

More hours than me? On speedruns and stuff, sure, but I have over 1000 of gameplay just thanks for 2P!! For 5 years, my friend comes over every weekend and we play 2P random battles. It's always so much fun!

* Paragod is proud to be one of your idols!
That better be so, because I don't have many idols! =D

2:10's....Alright, I won't submit anything above that! I guess 2:10.8 is around the max for now. Imagine I had not had to restart my run from the one checkpoint I hit at 1:22.99! It would have been a 2:10!!

Thank you, I will try to find the time to play. If not, there's still the weekend. And if even that doesn't work, I'll just have to wait until the next holidays! ..2 months... <_<

if they want to start a friendship or not.
Heh, remember, you will always have a friend in Switzerland!

Offline X-5

« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2008, 01:22:48 am »
XD.. I laughed a whole lot when I realize what you did to my new trophy, the split you made is awesome! 

I got a brand-new, never before acquired record just tonight! Final Rush Mission 2, so I now own every FR time record! It was extremely easy(but annoying,cause it was soo easy and boring and so many things go wrong cause of stupid randomness) once you find the right ring route. The time I got can go way lower, but I will do that some other time. 23/41! roughly 55%...!

On CE, you will need tons of practice, but hopefully you will find the level very fun, cause it is extremely fast paced the whole way through when you start doing the hard stuff right, which in the end feels cool to play and makes a great video if you record. You are probably ready to go w/o any help cause you have a video, and a ultra mega sucky guide I wrote that you can read if you want to from when I had 1:45 as my best :P

yes, 2:10.8 would be an excellent target. I thought 2:09 was semi-realistic before, but after getting 2:11 I definitely say it would be absolutely crazy for a person. you'd pretty much need a 45.4 first check every single run to even have a chance, then you'd need a perfect SRS meaning you have zero air time and it shoots you hyper fast right on the to the next rail, and you need no restarts and a flawless ending. Very unlikely, but 2:10 is a great goal. you had a fair chance at 2:10 on your run of course, but nooo.. you had to go and die!

Heh, remember, you will always have a friend in Switzerland!

really? :)

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54:48 am »
Thanks..
Hmm, I see you took some records again. Good job! I really don't know any fast route for the mission 2 on FR. I can't actually get it lower than 1:00 <_<

I already like CE, so it's definitely gonna be fun. Target now is FR sub2:11 and CE 2nd place.
Then again, I won't have the time to even play a minute until Friday, so yeah >_<

2:09 is almost impossible. I had a perfect run to the checkpoint (1:22.99), and since I abuse the checkpoint there, I had a perfect ending as well. Even a 45.4 won't be enough for a 2:09. I know I my max is 45.59 at the first CP, I got this time a few times already. With 0.2 seconds saved there, and around 0.8 from the checkpoint restart I'd be at around 2:10.6, which still needs over half a second of improving. 45.4 may seem possible, but getting that time consistently doesn't <_<

Well, it's too bad, I always die -__-  I'm just getting too nervous at the end, just like you.

really? :)

Of course!

Offline X-5

« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2008, 03:54:33 pm »
not even 1 minute of play during the weekdays? that is pretty harsh. but hey that must mean you are preparing very well for the future, which is more important.

there is not much to say to what you wrote..hmm..well do not forget to post your CE(and FR) progress here! and you're right..2:09 is starting to look close to impossible. No big deal, we will get 2:10 and find a few little techniques to improve for the great 2:09!

of course!

yessss! well it sucks I cannot do a 2 player with you, your 2P experience and my speed-running experience would probably make us evenly matched. I would like to 2P jawzun as well, but of course he lives far away. everyone I have ever talked to online is far away. not once have they been 2 houses next to me, or anywhere near my area at all!

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2008, 04:31:15 pm »
I would like to 2P jawzun as well, but of course he lives far away. everyone I have ever talked to online is far away. not once have they been 2 houses next to me, or anywhere near my area at all!

No matter how far from each other we are. Airplanes do exist, and someday I might try to go to USA for a few days to visit you.
There would be still a problem though, and it's that I'm not very good at speaking English :P But it wouldn't be any problem to have long hours of SA2B fun with you :)

Funny, because I was thinking of this thing a few days ago. I don't know when but I really got to visit you sometime in the future ;)
There is no people here on Spain who really like SA2B that much and have godly skills at it :(
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline Brian

• Mr. Shortcut
  • TSC: Brian_pso
  • win10 chrome
  • Saving Chao from danger, even if it's too hard
    • View Profile
    • My youtube account
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2008, 11:11:50 am »
Brian, heh, well I can try to beat your mission 1 time tonight or tomorrow but I really do not see myself getting 1:22. 1:24 is a very clean run, to beat it will be hard enough for me. Of course I can do better than 1:29, I just wanted a completion there. I should probably do Mission 5 as well since jawzun only tried once for that time and 1:30 is probably possible. Mission 2 could probably improved to low 34 as well now that I know your trick, maybe even 33?

do you plan to take green forest 3 back? a solid run and a good ending can do it. I would like to think 50 is possible but I really cannot see that without tas.
About mission 2 and 5 I can't say so much 'cause my time(m2) was done with that old strategy, and I usually don't play mission 5. Be sure I'll try to get my mission 3 back, as PoT I'm a determined newcomer(and a little crazy too xD). I'll go for it right when I get my SA2B.
My SA2 patents: Instant Spindash, Green Forest's invisible floor, Green Forest's spring technique, Radical Highway's flying homing attack, Gravity Control, Flying Scope   <- NEW

Vote for PHILLIP BANKS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

Offline finalrush7_

• Mr. Final
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2008, 11:20:45 am »
I saw your new topic! Very nice, and it actually sounds possible because you gave yourself 9 months time.
The only negative thing about 2P is that Sonic doesn't have his bounce attack, but that's absolutely fair because it would give him quite an advantage.. and maybe the special attacks there, imagine how far a SRS would shoot you when you have the speed boost :D

Also, like Jawzun too, my English isn't that good. <_< I've had it in school for a few years, but yeah...I'm only 16 as well. But we'd have fun nonetheless!

Oh and Jawzun, I know how it is to absolutely have no competition in gaming, likes ANYONE in Switzerland even tries <_<

Print

Hits: 1,194 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.21 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.