don't click here

new SMB.. holy god

Print

Author Topic: new SMB.. holy god  (Read 6002 times)

Offline X-5

new SMB.. holy god
« on: October 03, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »
all I see when I speedrun this game is a complete blur thanks to the lag of the display screens.. anybody have any tricks to overcome/ignore it whilst speedrunning? it messes my eyes up big time and I cannot really play at all, I got a sucky 264 or something on w 1-1 because of this

Offline Rick_242

• Always getting stuck inside walls.
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: new SMB.. holy god
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:17:11 pm »
Buy a DS.

Emulators that don't replicate the game perfectly aren't allowed. :P

Of course if you're speedrunning it for fun then iono. You can do what SkyL did which was something. I haven't bothered to read it in depth as I'm eating but, if you're interested:

http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=3383.0
<Sondow> also what
<Sondow> since when was S&K an expansion pack to s3
<Sondow> wiki LIES

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:26 pm »
oh I am playing the game on a real DS (lite to be exact) but that is where the problems are coming from, the lcd screens must have at least a 16 - 32 ms delay cause the game is just one colorful blur as I run through, I cannot time anything right because of that. if I WAS emulating I probably would not have this problem, cause then I could play on my tv that only has a 8 ms delay, or better yet a CRT monitor which has no delay at all.

have any suggestions still? If not that is fine.. I will just have to refrain from speedrunning this mario game. it is a fun game and I do not have any major blur issues until I start running.. the lcd just cannot cleanly keep up and the blur just destroys any skill I have and messes my eyes and head up big time. I think this is also known as "ghosting"

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:52:39 am »
Directly relating to your ghosting issues, the second major batch of DS Lites produced are known to have this issue due to lower quality screens being used during production. This problem isn't present in DS Phats or first-gen DS Lites, so chances are you have a second-gen DS Lite.

You could order new screens if it's really bothersome.
Never forget who you are.
DeviantART account: (link)

Offline X-5

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 06:15:06 pm »
really? cool, I did not know that. I did get my first ds til 2007, so I probably did get a sucky one.

thanks, I will probably go and grab an original one of these days.. been wanting one anyway cause I like the design.

Print

Hits: 200 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1002.07 KB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.