don't click here

ATTN: sonicsuperstarprince

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: sonicsuperstarprince  (Read 18108 times)

Offline Shadowfan

ATTN: sonicsuperstarprince
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:43:57 pm »
Your new times on the circus park levels are obviously BS. You beat the previous records by about 45 seconds and 25 seconds. Your comment for circus park dark shows you don't know the difference between the missions and your times are almost identical for all your missions on each level(around 1 min for circus park, over 10 mins for lethal highway). Youre circus park dark score isn't even possible with that time and your circus park hero score is impossible to achieve.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: ATTN: sonicsuperstarprince
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 09:46:01 pm »
I noticed this earlier but was too lazy to make a topic on it

Even if I dont have a good stat in a chart I still get mad when people BS. >:(

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 11:19:24 pm »
He posted a claim on my video of the Hero mission.  He's an obvious BSer because 6 days ago, he said he could easily get 1:10 "when he unlocks the level".

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:26:29 am »
so what about me do u not understand the fact that i tried very not regular but very hard on this 2 get all hero missions.which u dont under stand besides if u read my message on Lethal Highwat youll see why i got 10 mins cuz i never wanted to kill myself(which i didn't) oh and groudon i said 1:20

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:25:05 am »
so what about me do u not understand the fact that i tried very not regular but very hard on this 2 get all hero missions.which u dont under stand besides if u read my message on Lethal Highwat youll see why i got 10 mins cuz i never wanted to kill myself(which i didn't) oh and groudon i said 1:20

If you wait 10min wont that ship dissapear from the level?

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:28:14 am »
If you wait 10min wont that ship dissapear from the level?
I think so
EDIT: Why the fuck are his Hero and Dark times a centisecond apart?

Offline Parax

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:51:53 am »
iirc it doesn't appear in later parts of the level until you get there yourself. I could be wrong though.

The Circus Park times are ridiculous though, unless there's a huge strategy difference there's no way you could've gotten 45 seconds faster than the record. Not to mention that your scores aren't even possible, like Shadowfan said. If they're all legit, please tell us how you got them.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 12:23:49 pm »
He accidentally put his Hero time under Dark, but didn't bother to 99:59:99 Dark.

His claim for his Hero time is that he "rush[ed] but i did it faster by u skipping the shooting galleries.i did the 1 that was doubled and that's pretty mush it other wise i rushed."

I had no idea there was a shooting gallery that doubles anything.  Either way, I still don't buy his story.  How could he have gotten such a low time on the Hero mission if he just unlocked it recently?

so what about me do u not understand the fact that i tried very not regular but very hard on this 2 get all hero missions.which u dont under stand besides if u read my message on Lethal Highwat youll see why i got 10 mins cuz i never wanted to kill myself(which i didn't)

Even then, that mission should not take that long even on your first pass.

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 12:44:39 pm »
FYI if i was BSing i would have said a lower time

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 12:45:56 pm »
so what about me do u not understand
Your English, for one. Things like spelling, grammar, and punctuation can make people understand you that much better!

Also if you're so adamant that your times are legit then why are you hesitating to provide proof?
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 01:06:08 pm »

No, you wouldn't have. The point of BSing in the first place is to submit a stat (time, score, ring, or other) better than you actually achieved.
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 01:11:15 pm »
Based on his comment on my video, he seems to have used the shooting gallery behind the key door, which is close to the end point of the level when using my strat (he mentioned using a magnetic shield).  Still, by then, you won't get nearly enough rings to finish the level in 1 minute (I had to revisit the 3rd gong 3 times in my method [50 rings per gong]).

Offline douglas

• TSC Grand Vizier
  • If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
    • douglasgresham.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 02:27:24 pm »
so what about me do u not understand
Your English, for one. Things like spelling, grammar, and punctuation can make people understand you that much better!

Also if you're so adamant that your times are legit then why are you hesitating to provide proof?
* douglas readies the BanHammer
This topic has now been officially won by me.  Never mind, you might do better next time!
www.douglasgresham.co.uk - it's in the intarwebs, it must be true!

Offline Parax

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 02:54:33 pm »

oh ok, i guess that proves it! it's ok guys, he's not bsing!

Really though, is that your explanation? If you really want to prove you're not bsing you'd at the least tell us exactly what strat you used so that someone else can try it and get close to your time. "if i was really bsing id have done this" doesn't work for obvious reasons. If you don't offer any proof, then the stats will be removed and you'll be banned.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 03:50:41 pm »
I now have official proof that confirms his BS, and it came straight from the BSer himself.

"well no i not talking about the serect door 1 im talking about the 1 before the rail.That's the 1 that doubles. "

After rewatching my video, I saw the one he meant.  However, I noticed that on the timer on my vid, it was well past a minute.  I checked yoshifan's video of the Normal mission and even he couldn't make it to that location in a minute.

*slams palms on desk*

How can he make it to a location and complete the required gimmick before anyone else can make it there?

*objection music*

Offline Rolken

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 05:43:53 pm »
I deleted half the thread; Circus Park may be the matter at hand but this subforum isn't a circus.
StH JJ1 WkS+ Sal++^i Rbk++i Knu- McS+++ P++ D[af]opw $++++ E03 A24 GM CoUT
What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »
Sorry Rolk, the idea just sprung to my head and I forgot this isn't wikkity :(

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »
The level of discourse should properly be closer to that of a court of law than Jerry Springer.

PW -is- a Court of Law!

Sorry :(

On topic;

Do any of this guys claim seriously make a shred of sense?

People making more sense have been dealt with quicker than this in the past so why isn't he just banned yet?
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 08:25:06 am »
Here's a summary of his claims and how he has attempted to back them up, translated to make more sense.

If I had unlocked this course, I would have done it in at least 01:20:00.

This was posted a couple weeks ago.  He assumed he could get a time 5 seconds lower than the current legit record with no actual knowledge of the level (aside from a speedrun video).

What I did was rush, but I did it faster.  You skipped the shooting galleries.  I did the 1 that doubles the number of rings you get and that's pretty much it.

It has been proven that the shooting galleries waste far too much time to be useful, so he's looking fishy.
He later mentioned a magnetic shield, which made me think he was talking about the shooting gallery behind the secret door since I wasn't aware of another gallery later in the level.  Either way, you can't make it there in under a minute.

Not if I can use Chaos Control whenever I want to.

This probably clinches it.
Seeing as how there is no in-game method that allows the use of Chaos Control at any time without depleting the Hero gauge, it's safe to say he used a cheating device to obtain this time (don't know which one, but that's irrelevant).  He later gave me his strategy.

I just did what I always do and got the first 100 rings at 20 seconds.  Then, I used Chaos Control WITH a magnet shield.  Then, I ended up at the doubled shooting gallery at 35"79.  Then, I spent 5 seconds shooting balloons, getting 25 rings.  With 51"72 on the clock and 379 rings (since I'm a good ring collector). there was a gong or whatever that thing is that gives you 50 rings right in front of me.  I rang it, which finished the mission.

While it is possible to get 100 rings within the first 20 seconds (extremely hard, but doable), there is no possible way to use Chaos Control that early in the level.  In addition, the only magnetic shield in the level is near the shooting gallery he mentioned.  Either way, unless I'm remembering wrong, you can't collect individual rings during Chaos Control, even with a magnetic shield.  His claim is that he made it to the shooting gallery in 15 seconds from the beginning of the level.  That's not even possible WITH a cheating device.  You get stopped at the first coaster ride in the level, which isn't too far from the beginning, and you can't use it again until you get to the 2nd checkpoint.  By then, even without Chaos Control's startup time, the 35:79 will pass well before reaching the gallery.
I later asked him about his claim about using Chaos Control whenever he wants.

Chaos Blast led into Chaos Control

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

He's covering up his cheating method with methods that make no sense at all or are impossible by any means (even Gameshark or Action Replay).  I don't even want to wait for his response to my question regarding his last statement.  Ban this moron.  There should be no doubt in anyone's mind after seeing all his claims get shot down by facts.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 08:29:22 am »
Ban this moron.

Sorted.

Also Rolken while Phoenix Wright has no place in LD I am disappointed that the BS Form (tm) was removed :(

<3 Thorn.

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 12:49:40 pm »
and dude grow the fuck up
if ur so good u can beat me

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
I think you should shut up because you're currently being investigated as well. ;)

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:06 pm »
Some post-ban nonsense.

I noted that his method is impossible even with hax, but he thought I was still accusing him of using hax.  Then he said, "geez i wonder if u even hacked ur game for that gun that help sucked up rings."  That's right.  He accused me of hacking my game to obtain an item that you naturally unlock in the game.

Offline Selphos

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 04:59:36 pm »
I believe the only thing I can say to that guy is

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Offline Mo

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 09:48:55 pm »
I'm getting sick and tired of all these bad users going on this site.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Print

Hits: 139 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.10s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.