don't click here

Go Jawzun!!!!!!!!!!

Print

Author Topic: Go Jawzun!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16908 times)

Offline X-5

Go Jawzun!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 25, 2008, 11:33:07 am »
This is an encouragement topic for Jawzun to help him break a minute on Emerald Coast, as well as a place to congratulate him when he finally does get it. He wants it, we want it, I say the least we can do is have a topic to help him accomplish the craziest sub ever!

It is funny how Nintendan thought under a minute was possible back when F-Man had 1:10 or so, everybody thought he was silly and crazy. but it really is possible.. how did he know back then?! He told Jawzun he thought it was possible when he had 1:02.  Then even I told him a under minute was completely impossible for anything other than a TAS.. but even I was totally wrong!

You can take it under a minute Jawzun!! 59 would look so totally crazy on the ranks! I really want to see it. 1:00.33 sucks! (the looks, not the skill :P) Just get this and you will never have to play emerald coast again! Plus.. 59 will definitely be marked as TSC's best record ever accomplished!

Offline Jawzunx

• first person to beat Cybrax on City Escape (3rd mission)
  • TSC: Jawzun
  • win7 chrome
    • View Profile
Re: Go Jawzun!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:56:58 am »
Wow, thanks.
All I can say is that I'm on it. I'll play EC tomorrow all the morning and hopefully will get sub 1 minute if I try hard (probably without check abuse :P)
and of course I'll make a video of it, too bad it will be with my camera. :/
Well, just wish me very good luck and maybe tomorrow there'll be a crazy 0:59.XX on the EC ranks. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 12:07:19 pm by Jawzun »
still can't believe what I did in 2007

Offline X-5

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 12:37:23 pm »
you got it! goodluck :) what parts of the level are based on luck though? hmm..well I guess you just want some assurance that you will play consistently well and not screw up at the very end.

everybody, we must make a wish tonight that will let Jawzun nail a magically insane run, 59.7 or something maybe, with no checkpoint abuse at all!! I am shocked you are going to try w/o it, the level is crazy and it is way too easy to mess up, but if you do it without any checks the record will be, atleast, 10 times better, in my opinion. and atleast 100 times better than CE, we will have to re-do that poll thing I thought of :P

and just basing off of your 1:00.33, you said you were 0.50 sec slower at the last check than you best, plus you had to restart there a few times wasting about 0.3, so I guess if you nailed a 59.5 it would be perfectly unbeatable. but ANYTHING under a minute is insane and satisfying for you and the rest of us all the same!

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:25:29 pm »
I think Jawzun can do it.Hey Jawzun, would you consider spin dashing around the lighthouse luck, or skill?
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline X-5

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 07:07:32 pm »
I think it is skill, but it is probably very hard to do every time. I love how he does it, for me it is the one of the coolest looking part of his emerald coast run, when he first started doing it when had around 1:04 I called it his "crazy lighthouse" strat

Offline Jawzunx

• win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:00:03 am »
Sorry, there hasn't been much luck today, and the lowest time I could get was 1:00.43 (with a slower hit on the capsule than normal). I'm not going to try again today because I'm tired, so I'll be back on it tomorrow :P

P.S.: Indeed, the lighthouse is skill, (almost everything is skill on EC I'd say) you just have not to touch the wall of the lighthouse but it's hard to do it fast on spindashes.

P.S.2: sub 16 is possible on the checkpoint right before the whale chase. :D

Offline ieatatsonic

• TSC's Resident Otaku
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • I started spriting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:27:23 pm »
Ok, then it looks like the whole run is skill.
Happiness cannot be bought but instead be achieved via countless hours of self-torture.

Offline X-5

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 12:30:52 am »
you did not manage 59 today cause only one person besides me posted here and made that wish :( I thought tons of people would be excited and wish for a 59.. oh well.

your new 1:00 was cool to watch, proves that 59 is going to look totally awesome! I guess the bad capsule hit killed a 1:00.10 or .20?

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 01:01:35 am »
you did not manage 59 today cause only one person besides me posted here and made that wish :( I thought tons of people would be excited and wish for a 59.. oh well.
I can't really say much without it sounding generic or copied.... but whatever.
Go Jawzun!
You can do it!
Jawzun jest wspaniały! [Jawzun is great!]

Offline Combo

• THE CHAMP
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Here and there.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 02:11:29 am »
eh goodluck? He'll get it eventually, as long as he keeps trying he'll make it!
PM me for Discord info!
https://www.twitch.tv/combo_blaze
Playing:
Super Smash Brothers 64 - Look out for Combo Blaze on Kaillera!
Civilization V, Oldschool Runescape, Ragnarok Online (iRO), Touhou games.

Offline Azure

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 10:20:59 am »
GO JAWZUN

I know it's possible, and you ARE going to get 59:xx eventually. With the skill we've seen from you I believe you can go as low as sub 59:50! I know this level pretty well, and it can be very frustrating to time attack, but I usually do this:

Azure plays EC for 20 minutes.

Azure sucks badly.

Azure takes a 10 minute break.

Azure sucks moderately.

Azure takes a 10 minute break.

Azure kind of sucks.

Azure takes another break.

Azure doesn't suck.

Azure plays for an hour.

Azure acheives new PR.

In your case, Jawzun, this would be a new WR. So keep trying and perhaps make another attempt at the jump panel glitch I discovered. It can save up to a whole second. It just takes luck. In case you forgot, you cancel a jump over the back of the jump panel that leads to the third checkpoint.

Offline Jawzunx

• win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 10:45:18 am »
Thanks Azure.
But sorry, I'm not going to be able to beat 1 minute now. My TV does not work in 60Hz anymore for some reason (It's 18 years old), and I suck playing in 50Hz.
So I'll have to wait until I get a new TV :/ (December I guess)

Sorry guys if you were waiting for a cool 59 vid soon :(

Offline X-5

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 04:06:30 pm »
your tv is just as old as you, it must of been a "welcome to earth" gift.

its fine though if you cannot do it now, I was hoping for a 59 within a few days but there's no pressure or rush, just do it when you have a better tv and when you feel like playing. weeks months years, it is all fine with me as long as it happens eventually and we get that cool video! and Yeah I guess below 59.50 is possible probably even 58 if you wanna get really crazy(since you do not do the jump panel glitch on the first panel) but all we expect is sub, asking for a 58 is like asking me to do 1:35 on CE1, its just far too hard to be worth the 200+ more hours I would have to play, even then I would be lucky to get it.

guess this topic is on hold for now, but it will be full of excitement once you do get that 59 :P

Offline Azure

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 04:46:14 pm »
This is off-topic, but how close do you think your Speed Highway is to the max, Jawzun? Once I buy a gamecube I'm actually going for some SA(DX) records, but of course I won't even attempt the Emerald Coast WR. I might try for 1:02 or less though.

Offline Jawzunx

• win7 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 05:02:49 pm »
I think Speed Highway is very close to max. I'd say the max would be about 1:02.50 with the current strat. (By the way Paragod, try Speed Highway, 1:04 should be easy now)
About EC, I'd say the max can easily be under 58, of course I won't try for such a CRAZY time. lol

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 06:15:27 pm »
you guys are crazy
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Mo

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 12:00:49 am »
I actually hope you do get sub 1:00 on EC in Sonic Adventure DX.
Shortcuts I have discovered: SSR Skeleton Dome Mission 12 Gate ditch, SA2 Battle: spring dodge.

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 12:15:26 am »
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline asdf

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 10:08:30 am »
Jawzun, You can do it!!!!!
Good luck!!
You are really EC Master!!

Offline SuperSonic94

• More Faster Than Sonic =O
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp msie6
  • Part of the favorite team =D!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2008, 11:21:47 pm »
Yes I think is possible to do sub 1:00 on EC, I have 1:01.98 for now =P, but I think Jawzun can do it... that is nothing for him...

Title!, title!, title! (?)
Good bye for now Sonic =(

Offline MechaAshura

• Can't use any of the xm#smps worth... you know
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista msie7
  • Whee!
    • View Profile
...sig? what sig?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »
Best of luck, friend...

This is also my goal (hate of 3D games aside), as it's an FZFA record, but I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon...

GAME ON!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Azure

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 03:10:28 pm »
Best of luck, friend...

This is also my goal (hate of 3D games aside), as it's an FZFA record, but I don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon...

GAME ON!

Sorry, but probably no one on earth besides Jawzun can ever get 0:59. I'm good at the game and I doubt I can even sub 1:02 EC.

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 07:12:57 pm »
If any human can do it, so can I.

Stanski will swear up and down to you to this day that :18 EH1S is impossible, and I did that too.

To say you can't is to admit defeat.
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2008, 07:15:58 pm »
Quote from: Paragod
1:00.33 sucks!

Print

Hits: 438 | Hits This Month: 4 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.23 MB | Time: 0.07s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.