don't click here

ATTN: Mike89 and Ninty D:

Print

Author Topic: ATTN: Mike89 and Ninty D:  (Read 8934 times)

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
ATTN: Mike89 and Ninty D:
« on: August 12, 2008, 04:57:51 am »
After reading this topic, I think a few of your stats could be against the rules. I would have posted this on that topic, but it was locked (yes, that topic is one of the very few non-sticky topics locked in the past two years <_<).

Mike89's stats.
Ninty's stat.
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Offline F-Man

Re: ATTN: Mike89 and Ninty D:
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 05:05:58 am »
Yeah, that's wrong.

Of course, some people will not agree.

Offline FuzZerd

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 05:15:36 am »
my understanding is that while gay "slow est." are not against the rules.

Offline yse

• Thrower of Gauntlets
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC: mike89
  • win10 chrome
  • Constitutions written: 1 and counting
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 05:17:52 am »
All I can say is that it's been accepted practice for a very long time. I'm sure, thinking about it now, that it really is against the rules, but that's been the status quo. Boot them off if necessary. I'd do it myself but I'm sick and don't trust my judgment.

Furthermore,

Of course, some people will not agree.

People are going to have contrary opinions ok.

<3 Thorn.

Offline F-Man

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 05:22:28 am »
People are going to have contrary opinions ok.
I disagree!!

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 09:22:32 am »
I only see one plan of action.
BAN THEM
BAN THEM ALL
*ANOTHER brick?!?!
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline F-Man

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:09 am »
To expend on me saying that some people won't agree, I mainly had the thought of those hunting stages where people subtract dugged up rings from their amount. I personally would restart from the beginning, because submitting something I didn't get sounds like nothing but blasphemer to me. But people do it.

Offline Taco

• If I had a (ban)hammer
  • TSC: NintenDan
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nintendan
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 10:44:35 pm »
My opinion has always been against these sort of things, even if it common practice, so I guess it's funny that I did it myself without even realizing. Although to be honest I'm not that much against it. I guess it really depends on the situation. The one thing that really did get on my nerves though was any time, score, or ring record with a 0 in it. People filling up charts with just 0's is rather lame in my opinion. If you want a score for a level just do a run through it, even if it's terrible, and at least then it'll be better than 0

But anyway, I'm getting off topic. In regards to one of my few remaining records ( :( ) I'd say get rid of it because even though it's at least 80,000 in theory because of the time bonus, I'm almost 99.9999% positive that I set that record in time attack mode, and time/ring bonuses aren't awarded in that mode. Sure, you could still just apply the time bonus in theory, but I've noticed that for every game that I've been up to date with at TSC we've always followed the way the games record rankings. Even for sonic advance 3, although it took a while, unidivision rankings were eventually used (which is exactly the way the game tracks time records). Granted, most of these games don't keep track of score or ring records within the actual memory (in fact, I don't think any do) but I'm sure that if, say, sonic advance did keep track of hi scores for each level it would have recorded a score of 2,400 for the 29 second run instead of 82,400

Basically, I guess I'm saying that I don't really approve of all this theory crap. If something's theoretical, then that's exactly what it is, theoretical, not factual. In theory I could of gotten a score of 80,000+ but I didn't, the game only awarded me however many points I got in that run without bonuses, therefore that's what my score is.

Offline Zeupar

• The Watcher
  • Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • Sonical!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel (speedruns and travel videos)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 04:20:32 am »
In regards to one of my few remaining records ( :( ) I'd say get rid of it because even though it's at least 80,000 in theory because of the time bonus, I'm almost 99.9999% positive that I set that record in time attack mode, and time/ring bonuses aren't awarded in that mode.

:P

Quote from: Taco
I'm sure that if, say, sonic advance did keep track of hi scores for each level it would have recorded a score of 2,400 for the 29 second run instead of 82,400.

I disagree!

Nobody is going to delete your stat, so you have two options: Dig your Sonic Advance cartridge up and get sub 30 seconds again on Main Game mode (I am sure you are not picking this one <_<) or submit your previous score (62,100 points).

By the way, you should fight for this! :(

P.S.: ¡Feliz cumpleaños! :D Better late than never...
Fail collection: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
:o - :O - X) - :D
https://youtu.be/qpT5Md4TPJg?t=221

Print

Hits: 849 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.11 MB | Time: 0.13s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.