don't click here

I call BS on Gnome77

Print

Author Topic: I call BS on Gnome77  (Read 26132 times)

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • TSC: Cyan Ryan
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
I call BS on Gnome77
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:35:08 pm »
In New Stats, many of Gnome77's times say "slow est. time", which I've taken for "slow estimated time". They all end in :x0 to back up my thoughts.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:56:22 pm by Whatever (Kitsune) »

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
Re: I call BS on Gnome77
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:06:03 pm »
I'm calling shenanigans. Gnome77 and pmcrae89 have the same IP address, and they both submitted 0:51 for S2 / Mystic Cave 2, one right after the other.

EDIT: Also, if you look further down, pmcrae89 submitted 0:55 HT1, then Gnome77 submitted 1:12 HT2.

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 02:57:21 pm »
haha, okay woah first of all children how are you going to call BS on me when it says "SLOW EST. TIME" that means that i can complete those levels in a very fast time but i an not sure of what it the official time is yet, seeing as i am practising the levels im not good in. for god sakes i put 4:00 on death egg... a monkey could get that time, so why are you calling bullshit on me? my actual time is much much faster than that, i assure you. you have no idea what you're tlking about and the reason me and pmcrea have the same IP adress is because we're best friends, and we speed run together helping eahcother out on routes and technique.hes over at my house yesterday with his laptop and i wanted to upload my new records on the site using his laptop... but thanks. dont call bullshit unless you know what you're tlking about. the times i submitted are so slow im sure that you could go through the level with your eyes close. i only subittmed those because i wanted to see what my rank would be overall, seeing as i didnt submit myacutal times yet for those levels. and if you want i can record video to show you all my times, hell i'll even show you my SS run i've been working on. so i suggest you get the facts before you call BS on someone n00b.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 03:02:39 pm by Gnome77 »

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:00:34 pm »
Oh ps - the reason why we both submitted times that are very similar is because we bothplay together on his laptop, and i also have my genesis on hooked up on my tv, so we can see who the better speed runner is. and is just sop happens we both got a 51 on mystic cave 2 last night, so we both submitted times on his laptop. Unlike other ppl on this site, we actually have video footage of us getting these times. I know its weird how two ppl might have the same time isnt it... wow, the nerve of some ppl.

Offline Parax

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 03:01:46 pm »
It doesn't matter if the times suck, you can't submit times you didn't get. Stats aren't estimates.

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 03:09:49 pm »
First of all, listen. Calling BS on someone means you dont believe that they got that time, my actual times for the last 5 levels are MUCH faster than what i put down lastnight. Like i said, i put those times down because i dont feel like speed running those levels to get my official time. If you want though, I can...Which will just improve my overall ranking. If you ahve ever played sonic two you would realize that those times i submitted are horribly slow... So i dont understand how you can call BS on me. Also, me and my friend pmcrea live about 5 min away from eachother, so in the future if you see us on the same IP adress dont make a big deal out of it, we're speed running together using one computer to upload stats. Hope that finally clears things up for all you out there.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »
I can call BS on you because you did something called "breaking the rules".

Offline Parax

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 03:11:56 pm »
Calling BS on someone means you dont believe that they got that time

And you've already told us you didn't.

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 03:18:49 pm »
I don't understand how you cannot comprehend this. I will say this ONE last time okay, just for you Kitsune. I'll actually type SUPER slow just so you can understand better.

MY
TIME FOR THOSE LEVELS
ARE
ACTUALLY
MUCH FASTER,
SEEING AS I COMPLETED THEM BEFORE.
AND WHEN I SAY "BEFORE"
I MEAN AS IN A WHILE AGO,
AS IN I DON'T REMEMBER EXACTLY THE TIMES.
BUT THEY WERE FAST:
REALLY FAST.
BUT I DONT WANT TO GUESS ON WHAT MY FAST TIMES WERE,
SO I PUT DOWN SLOW TIMES,
LIKE REALLY SLOW TIMES,
SO I COULD GET AN OVERALL RANKING.
BUT IF IT HELPS YOU SLEEP BETTER, ILL GO INTO MY ROOM
TURN ON MY GENESIS AND ILL PLAY THE LEVELS,
AND ILL GET MY TIMES,
AND ILL SUBMIT THEM,
THUS MOVING ME UP IN THE RANKINGS.
DO
YOU
UNDERSTAND?

Oh and just so you know btbam is also a friend of mine, he is actual pmrea's brother, we all speed run together, i know its hard to fathom that someone has friends on this site, but just try to get it through your head okay.  =] now im going to go play sonic 2 and record some videos, is that okay with you?

Offline Groudon

• 1 hour, 39 minutes, 52 seconds
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Groudon199
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 03:41:22 pm »
Quote from: submission page
Guesses at, made up, or generally false times will be rewarded with bans.

The "slow est. time" stats are, as you admitted, "made up" times.  Therefore, they are against the rules.

Offline fastnaturedude

• Potential for Anything
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »
I really can't believe how stupid this guy is being. He's completely ignoring our points.

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 03:54:45 pm »
Quote from: submission page
Guesses at, made up, or generally false times will be rewarded with bans.

The "slow est. time" stats are, as you admitted, "made up" times.  Therefore, they are against the rules.

hey buddy actually their not made up at all, because i can actually get those times. so if i can actually get those times, then how are they made up. I could put 9:59 for every level if i wanted to, doesn't mean their made up does it. let's think before we post. and as for you kitsune, you're getting on my nerves. how old are you seriously? I have been through these forums and all your posts are annoying and useless. you're the on ignoring what i am saying. open up hat cement head of yours and read the words on the computer screen. my times are much faster than my "slow est. time" submissions. These times are not bullshit if i cna actually get them. Even if my times are faster, does it matter that i put slow times up? I bet you could even get those times Kitsune... well maybe not i might be over-doing it a little. So as i said before, dont call Bullshit when those times are actually real, no matter how slow they may be. stop being a snitch and ratting ppl out on this site, thats how you make enemys. you're still embarased from the last stupid post you made on btbam topic saying how "oh you need to get to the previous block cycle" you have no knowledge what so ever on sonic 2, every thing you have ever posted about sonic 2 so far how been completly wrong. so i advice you to just stop while you're ahead.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »
I got 17 on Green Hill 1 but I just submitted 25 because I felt like it

ps Gnome, just because you CAN get those times doesnt mean you CAN submit them.

Go and ACTUALLY DO THEM before you submit them.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 03:56:57 pm »
Okay, here's a bigtext translation of the submission page.

Quote from: submission page, translated
IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE STAT AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING, YOU'RE BSING

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 03:58:21 pm »
How about instead of arguing you just play those levels, get times, and submit them. You can always improve them later if they are bad.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Offline Parax

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 03:59:07 pm »
What the hell do you not understand about this? You didn't get the stats, therefore they're BS. It doesn't matter if you can get them, or if you've done better, what we care about is whether you DID get the stats you submitted. Should I go mass submit a bunch of red times for various games that I didn't get, just because I could get them? No, because that's stupid. Fine, go ahead and get some legit stats, but quit being so overly aggressive and arguing that they're fine when you've already told us you didn't actually get them.

Offline btbam1

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 04:03:49 pm »
How about instead of arguing you just play those levels, get times, and submit them. You can always improve them later if they are bad.
thats the first smart thing i've heard all day

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 04:11:15 pm »
shut up, you don't know what overly agressive is.
But, you're right. Who am I to disagree;
You want to argue over the internet on a sonic website about how some member is posting slower times than he can really achieve (I know, because lowering my own rank must hurt you). Even though you have seen my stats for the other levels of the game, and to your limited knowledge you also know that I have been submitting stats consistently and honourably. But yet you still must make a big deal of me having up times on there that even you could get. It's not this memeber that you so love to arugue with is posting stats on games he hasn't even played. But if hasn't crossed you mind that maybe he just submitted the slow times to see where he stand even with those times for the 5 levels he has yet to get "official" times for. And better yet, it must have not entered your mind to see my other stats and know that those were temp stats and he was going to change them as soon as possible.

But
you're right, i'll just go rape those levels right now
and get the times so you can stop whining about how i have slow times up on the site.
fair?

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 04:13:45 pm »
Even though you have seen my stats for the other levels of the game, and to your limited knowledge you also know that I have been submitting stats consistently and honourably.

There is no honor in submitting stats you DID NOT ACHIEVE YOURSELF and only submitted because you "are capable of getting" them.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 04:18:12 pm »
Im capable of getting a minute flat in Launch Base 1 Sonic

Can I submit it plz? :)

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 04:19:57 pm »
Everyone's capable of doing that.  Let's all submit it.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:49 pm »
I disagree! Prove you can do the zip and get into the correct boss area first! >_>

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 04:22:34 pm »
hell im capable of getting world records in sonc 2, may i sumbit them? no see that's where you're getitng it wrong.

my times for oil ocean 1 is like 40 something, but im pretty sure i put 2:00,
here ill give you another example, my time for death egg if i remember is 1:0? but i put 4:00...
do you see where this is going?

you're making it sound like i put faster times than i can achieve, but i really added 2 min and 3 mins on times for shits and giggles to see where it put me in the rankings. dont worry everyone im chaning them today since everyone wants to rasie hell cuz i put slow times up. i appreciate you all pushing me to get faster times though, I LOVE TSC! <333333333333

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 04:23:11 pm »
Hey, I'm capable of getting any time if I try.  I didn't say I could do it RIGHT NOW.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 04:24:58 pm »
hell im capable of getting world records in sonc 2, may i sumbit them? no see that's where you're getitng it wrong.

No, that's what you just did.  You're capable of getting WR times, as well as shit times, but either way, you didn't get the times you submitted that are "slow est."

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 04:29:05 pm »
you're making it sound like i put faster times than i can achieve, but i really added 2 min and 3 mins on times for shits and giggles to see where it put me in the rankings.

I guess you didnt realise I was mocking then

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 04:29:22 pm »
How about we settle this by banning Gnome77 and his friend, and suspending all their stats?

Offline Gnome77

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 04:30:58 pm »
*lmao i love this guy*

you want me to be honest...
i really didnt think that me submitting times that a monkey with four asses could get would matter to anyone...seeing as they're SO slow, and according to ym other times, i dont go thruogh levels that slow, so i thought to myself "hey no one will mind because they're smart enough to realize these times are a joke and i will change them when i finally do get want tostart speed running these levels again". I also though "hey they know that i can get faster than this". didn't think it would bother anyone especially someone who is not affected by these times at all, or better yet, who doesnt even play sonic 2. but w/e man, keep tlking, it's amusing me ;]

AND sure, ban me and my friend for wanting to have a site where we can see where we stand to some of the best speed runners. All because i put a couple times up slow as fuck, you should get great crediablity for that.

Offline Groudon

• Broseidon
  • win10 firefox
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 04:31:46 pm »
An orange BS stat doesn't count as "slow as fuck".  You BSed, you deserve a ban.

Offline Ring Rush

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 04:33:40 pm »
Chances are you won't be banned, at least not from the site. If you continue to argue against the majority of TSC, you may be banned from the forums though. I say we just end this argument and lock this topic. As long as you get stats that are 100% legit by the standards being presented, there is no problem. Lets not extend this further than it needs to be.
Current Championships: SSR (5/26/08-Now)
Current Leaderships: SSR Chains [0 Point], SC Rings [0 Point], SSR Scores [0 Point], S3D Rings [0 Point], SSR Times, SSR Bosses
Past Leaderships: SA2 Rings, S1GG Rings, SUWii Rings, SBK Times, SBK Chains, SRA Rings, SRA Scores

Print

Hits: 166 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.24 MB | Time: 0.15s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.