don't click here

The music maker (is leaving after last post).

Print

Author Topic: The music maker (is leaving after last post).  (Read 137860 times)

Offline Luxray

Re: The music maker (is leaving after last post).
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2009, 07:26:31 am »
Wow...that's an awesome composition. Both leads well put together. I wish i was that creative. :(
<+DsS|away> eat a dick
<+GerbilSoft> actually i could

<Umbreon> sleeping with cruizer is awesome

Offline Stefan

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2009, 02:36:52 pm »
thread necromancy is a sin, but I have a new midi (uploaded mostly so groudon can take it)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:11:11 pm by Stefan »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #122 on: September 25, 2009, 07:34:15 am »
Oh snap a bamp.

Well its relevant so stfu Selphos. Does anyone like Emeralds in their Altar? http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/275196

Made with FL Studio 9~ So awesome.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

« Reply #123 on: September 25, 2009, 10:20:44 am »
Oh snap a bamp.

Well its relevant so stfu Selphos. Does anyone like Emeralds in their Altar? http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/275196

Made with FL Studio 9~ So awesome.

I like the Spring Yard metal remix on Newgrounds :)

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:48 am »
I started making something for the last few hours or so (when I really should've been sleeping) that I haven't finished yet. Something like a teaser. It started out as a drum loop alternating from 5/4 to 7/4, but I never got around to it in the actual song!

Special Stage Sez...

Kinda sounded like a Sonic-y thing for the first part of it, but that might just be me.

Thoughts?

Edit: Link should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:02:30 pm by IsisDazs »

Offline Luxray

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2010, 04:38:01 am »
I started making something for the last few hours or so (when I really should've been sleeping) that I haven't finished yet. Something like a teaser. It started out as a drum loop alternating from 5/4 to 7/4, but I never got around to it in the actual song!

Special Stage Sez...

Kinda sounded like a Sonic-y thing for the first part of it, but that might just be me.

Thoughts?

Sorry to say, but i am unable to listen to it. Opera says its an illegal url (rather, invalid it means) and Chrome just doesn't get it.

Now i have a pretty well made song now, with help from a Producer from Peru.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A9J4UKIL

Its in .ogg format, so use Audacity to convert it to .wav or something.
<+DsS|away> eat a dick

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2010, 10:15:14 pm »
^ Sorry about that, the link's fixed now.

Listening to your track, it's really mellow. The layers of textures are subtle and blend in nicely. I think it might be a good headphone song, which I'll have to try later.

The melody that starts at 1:25 is good, but I think it needs some harmonic support. It's fine by itself, but imo it needs a progression underneath to spell everything out and make it pop. Just a thought.

also I can see why you called it Panning. :p

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 02, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »
IsisDazs, that's a cool song, it's got that choppy action feel which would make it really good for a Sonic game.

Oi, this sounds great, Lux. The instruments all work together very nicely, and the melody is mellow but not boring. I should leave this on repeat for a while!
Some more background like IsisDazs said might be good.

Been a long time since I posted something, so why not... here, have some -unfinished- work:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LM47X0OU
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M68T3K99

« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2010, 02:11:25 am »
Thanks, Cutiefox! I've tweaked and added more to it, but I'll re-post it when there's more to show.

I really hope you post up the finished versions of these tunes, since I got into both near immediately.
My favourite of the two is Song 7, it sounds like it's part of a game OST (reminiscent of a few games, including Sonic for a bit at the beginning). Balance is good, and it's pretty impressive sounding.
I also like Jungle. The beginning serves itself well - the drum track that only lasts a measure sets the scene of a jungle. (I'm also a fan of the sound used at :07, but I've no clue how to describe it.)
When the song really kicks in, it holds a nice, solid groove. The bassline on the piano is rockin', reminds me of jams I used to have (also reminds me a bit of Linus and Lucy). :D
My only beef is that I found the snare to be a little too loud when it entered. It was better when more instruments filtered in, but when it was just drums + bass, it was... off-balance + a little distracting.
What program(s) do you use, Cutiefox?

« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2010, 11:32:31 pm »
Double post, serving as a bump.

I've revised the song I posted previously and added a bit more to it.

Here you go!

I'm considering adding/learning how to pan, probably tweak the balance a bit more, etc. Thoughts?

Print

Hits: 381 | Hits This Month: 2 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.10 MB | Time: 0.09s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.