don't click here

The music maker (is leaving after last post).

Print

Author Topic: The music maker (is leaving after last post).  (Read 137846 times)

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
Re: The music maker.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:11 pm »
:D Hehe, the new version is even better. And the Heroic song is great too. I think...that if you're any good at it, you should make a game and use these songs. If not, you should find someone who needs a musician, 'cause you're good making MIDI sound good. Usually they sound pretty boring.

Oh, ja minulla on uusi MIDI. :D Nothing fancy though, I'd probably edit it around some. It's supposed to be like, for a forest or any other "mysterious setting".

Offline Azure

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 07:53:45 pm »
Hey, thanks. Yours are great too (that Forest theme is very fitting).

I honestly have a lot of trouble thinking up ideas for midis. But once I get started, it only takes a few hours (lol) usually to establish a good formula for that song.

Concerning game-making, I'm mediocre. (I don't have game maker pro so I can't do loops, etc. just basic platforms and enemies.) Maybe I'll find someone who needs music, like you said. You'd be great at that too!

*Works on "heroic"*

Offline Stefan

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 10:24:22 pm »
I agree on your abilities at making midi sound good; you have a good grasp on instrumentation to make midi sound more than midi.

I think it would be great to see more complex music from you, though; I like your instrumentation, and I like the chord progressions, but I'm generally looking for a little more out of the song. Do you get what I'm saying? When I make a midi, I tend to make it fairly complex sounding.

I sort of wonder what I could do if I took your midis and wrote my own stuff on top of it... I think I might be able to make something pretty good sounding. You want to see how that turns out?

Like listen to these wips (man, everything I do is a wip lol).

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 02:34:33 am »
To Azure: Well at least you seem to have a good grasp on notes and rhythm. I have ideas for tunes all the time, but I suck at figuring out how to input the various rhythms and chords. So I usually end up with rather simplistic songs. AND YES, WORK ON HEROIC 'CAUSE IT BE MEGA AWESOME.

To Stefan: Funaltsong is awesome. It sounds delightfully crazy. It could fit for a Special Stage actually...

And I have yet ANOTHER MIDI. *shot* This one...let's see. If I were to make a game, and I had some sort of cemetery level, that's where I'd stick this in. The part after 18 seconds to the end is supposed to loop, so that's why I copied it at the end. :P

It seems we at TSC are quite a musical bunch. Lol, let's form a band and pwn everyone. [kidding kidding]

Offline Azure

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 07:52:05 pm »
Cutiefox: That graveyard/cemetary/scary_holy_crap theme is FREAKING AWESOME! So imaginitive, and awesome, and not short at all! If I had a game, I'd definitely use it.

Stefan: You have amazing musical talent. Your songs are so much more lively than mine! I especially love that old "melodowns". It's catchy. funaltsong and cloud are stellar as well.

Let's see, what else?

Oh yeah "Heroic" update. *attach*

WARNING: The new Heroic is experimental. Instead of an instant climactic point after the intro, I've decided to do some pretty melodies and stuff for the first thirty seconds or so, then followed by a fast-paced blast of awesome. I don't know if I'll keep it or change it or what. Feedback?

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2009, 10:33:03 pm »
Yay, thanks! :D That's probably one of the best MIDIs I'll ever make. XD

This new version of Heroic is great, and fitting for...whatever you could use it for! IMO, you could use it on a cutscene or a boss battle, it would sound good for either of those.

It also finishes pretty nicely, and loops without sounding too sudden.

I have a suggestion [which obviously you don't gotta follow if you don't feel like it :P]. This version that you just posted, keep that. THAT sounds pretty finished if you want to use it for cutscenes and other similar somethings. The suggestion, make a copy of it and make it more "full" and upbeat while still keeping the song close to how it already is. From that it should be more suitable for action stages or boss battles.

And yeah, totally optional thing, but maybe you could try it and see what happens!

Edit: By the way, any suggestions on something I should try?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 11:01:12 pm by Cutiefox »

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 01:33:26 pm »
kudos to all here...

totally amazing, imnsho!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Azure

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 03:27:04 pm »
Hey, guys, I just made a new song (or at least the first 48 seconds of one), and I think it's pretty good. It's a bit of a deviation, I think, from my normal style, but the piano dominates once again.

Offline Azure

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2009, 08:39:53 pm »
New version! 100x better.

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2009, 09:05:14 pm »
I likes dis sekund vershun. It ez vun hundred taims beiter den de ald vun.

Offline Azure

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 03:12:07 pm »
Er, dankhuu? I duhnt kweit untershtant yor dei-elect. Speeck sluhwer, prease?

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 05:45:05 pm »
^^ The second version of Second Past is 100 times better than the first one, it sounds more completed. :P

Ooookay, these are all unfinished at the moment, but I guess I'd like some suggestions on how to finish them. They're all supposed to be background music.

Floating Temple is sort of obvious; some of the instrument tracks, are unfinished and I can't figure out if I should put a new section after where it stops or repeat an earlier section. :/
At Sea...I think I know how to finish this, so er... yeah just say if it's good so far. >_>
Mansion is weird, but what I'd like to know is, should it have a lot or just a little percussion? Can't really decide what's more suitable...but then again I'm not too fond of this one anyway.

EDIT: I just found something really weird. O_o I tried converting one of my files to an mp3, and it sounds REALLY weird> http://media-mobi.com/en/?play-q0ckmqfe2g6ius8888012o69w5zkz3u7

Try it out with any of your files and listen to the trippiness...

EDIT: That would be awesome! Go ahead, Stefan.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:07:53 pm by Cutiefox »

Offline Stefan

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2009, 06:03:17 pm »
I really like some of the things happening in mansion.. I think I might take that song and develop it from a couple lines in the song you posted... keep your eyes open for it.

(here it is.. it's really short and doesn't have much substance.. all I did was take the melody that kicks in at 7 seconds in your mansion piece and put a few parts around it to make this... if you like it cool, it was like a half hour investment so no biggie if you don't lol. I particularly like the drums)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 06:50:37 pm by Stefan »

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 12:27:44 am »
dskjfske That's AWESOME! That's just what I was trying to do, it actually sounds...mansion-ish now. O.O

Offline Azure

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 01:47:30 pm »
Oh, I almost forgot. If you have the time, Stefan, you ABSOLUTELY can modify my midis to your liking and post them here. In fact, I encourage you to do so at your earliest convenience.

(Especially since the program I use CANNOT SYNTHESIZE DRUMS! I have to establish a beat only with that "synth drum" voice, which sounds the same no matter what note you put into it.)

And that celtic castle is AWESOMEEEEE!

Stefan wins the awesome music award for the day, Cutiefox wins creativity, and I win...

...not much. D:

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 01:58:59 pm »
(Especially since the program I use CANNOT SYNTHESIZE DRUMS! I have to establish a beat only with that "synth drum" voice, which sounds the same no matter what note you put into it.)

Anvil Studio ftw, dude.

EDIT: Finished version of Floating Temple
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:17:31 pm by Cutiefox »

Offline Azure

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 02:42:20 pm »
Thanks, I just got the program now. Wait more midis patiently, as they will come.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2009, 10:43:18 am »
Anvil Studio ftw, dude.
QFT
And I'll have to listen to these when I have more time ... I've got this One Big Idea that I'm trying to nail down, and the music is important.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 02:28:55 pm »
Y'know, I thought by whatever age we are, that we'd have a bigger vocabulary...but apparently the only word we keep using is "awesome". :0

Some games with interesting/inspiring BGM: Touhou, Trauma Center, and Yume Nikki.
All of them have great music, and from them I've learned some interesting note patterns and gotten various ideas.

Meh, why not. I got another unfinished song. Can't figure out what this one should be for though, therefore I named it a crazy name. :P

I should really finish these though, that'd be nice. XD

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 01:15:19 am »
:D I know I should've probably finished one of those other songs, but this new one here is great! IMO...

It's a boss battle theme. I think I got the whole "suspense" factor down pretty well! And I'm particularly fond of the instrumentation I used.

Yeah, you can probably tell that I'm mega proud of this by now. *bricked*

Offline Maru Kiba

• The Oltanis Team Sub-Leader
  • TSC: Maru_Kiba
  • winxp firefox
  • Maru Kiba of The Oltanis Team
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2009, 12:24:59 pm »
Pretty good I'd say Cutiefox. The boss battle one was pretty honorable, robust, and action-packed.
The Oltanis Team. Is made up of 9 strong and special members.
Leader (Gold-Black): Tanor Zeta Faux
Sub-Leader (Crimson): Maru Akane Kiba
Gold General (Yellow): Tana Iota Faux
Silver General (Purple): Kota Aura Rae
Bronze General (Ice Blue): Eis Sam Makai
Squad Leader (Dark Blue): Salza H. Refurin
Castle Guardian (White): Nathan S. Graves
Rune Mistress (Lavender): Forsha Timbre
Storm Dragon (Dark Grey): Helios Darkus Kiba
---
http://s917.photobucket.com/home/MaruKiba/index

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline Azure

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2009, 03:13:40 pm »
Hi guys,

I have attached what is more than likely the best music I've written so far, which is still a work in progress. Turns out my program CAN synthesize drums!

After this post, you'll likely never hear from me again. It's not because I'm banned, and I hold no grudges against any of you guys. Simply put, I'm moving on to bigger and better things than competition, so I'd say being banned is no longer of any consequence to me! (However, I wish my stats could've stayed up so people would recognize the overwhelming effort I put in to SA(DX) and other games.)

I am leaving mainly because of the reputation I've established here, which is to most of you a really weird kid who once beat the Sand Hill records, made a bit of music, played SA(DX), and finally got banned because of an account named "Ouchkibibbles". I often acted like a moron here, and some of the consequences of that make me dread this place!

I'm not entirely sure why, but the sarcastic attitudes of many of you TSCers got to me, and it makes this site seem like a separate and more shallow reality! Members seem superficial, and I'm beginning to resent them for that.

So, good bye. I think it's safe to say I'll miss less than half of you.

...and have fun playing Sonic (I don't play anymore, I've simply lost all love for the blue hedgehog).

Offline Maru Kiba

• winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
Re: The music maker (is leaving after last post).
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2009, 05:03:34 pm »
Bye old chap. I believe we all miss ya.  Good luck out there. Maybe our paths will cross again someday. But until then, see ya later. (Exit music plays for Azure)
---

Where i'll store my pics for proofs and what not. If you want to find the proof on stats, go here. I'm not posting them on the comment page for stats anymore.

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:53 pm »
:( G'bye. Hope you enjoy whatever outside of TSC.

Anyway the MIDI is super awesome. And somehow kinda fits into your leaving.

Offline Maru Kiba

• winxp firefox
    • View Profile
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 10:14:00 am »
Hey Azure if you are still floating around here until you really leave and you see this post. If you want to still compete in anything, I suggest you can go to Cyberscore instead. They have a load of charts and not just Sonic games. (BTW, Groudon is a mod there so careful ;)

They do have a chatroom but doesn't get as much traffic as we do here. But they do allow you to get on other channels like here. They do have forums. (I'm usually not in there) I am SuperVegeta5425 if you want to meet me there. So try there, if you don't like it fine, I don't want to push you to do something you don't want.

But try them, and see if you can do better there.
---

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 11:35:58 am »
Ya know, as annoying as you were at times, you kinda grew on me.  I'll miss ya, man.
And thanks for not saying you're leaving in a brand-new topic.  <_<
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline General Throatstomper

• I can't think of anything witty :(
  • TSC: blueblaze
  • win8 chrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 11:13:07 pm »
The other day, I was trying to make a song that would hurt you when you listened to it. Attached is the result...which is markedly worse than this.

I'll make up for it by recording a winsome guitar solo sometime later this week.

I HOPE YOU DO

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 03:45:08 pm »
IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
MY EARS DIED OVER 9000 TIMES.

Offline Bilan

• Broseidon
  • TSC: RPGnutter
  • win10 chrome
  • ZURA ZURA CHUUPA CHUUPA CHUU CHUU
    • View Profile
    • I'm suffering help me Garian
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 03:51:47 pm »
Likewise, I shed a tear.
Did you not think I had a mind?

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 05:56:23 pm »
congratulations, you made my ears bleed...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 261 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.21 MB | Time: 0.06s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.