don't click here

man I hope we get at least one fun snowstorm this year

Print

Author Topic: man I hope we get at least one fun snowstorm this year  (Read 7238 times)

Offline X-5

man I hope we get at least one fun snowstorm this year
« on: September 29, 2008, 12:24:23 am »
it has been a really long time since I have experienced one. for the past 10 years the best we have gotten is maybe an inch or two that melts by mid-day :( plus it is never really sticky at all.

my first big storm happened when I was 7, there was probably about 15 to 20 inches total everywhere and I remember having tons of fun..just doing whatever a boy would do when he has snow to play with.  the only really cool thing I remember doing is making an igloo, with some help. we piled a ton of snow up and added water so it would freeze(I think, I cannot totally remember everything) and we waited overnight and formed the inside the next day when it was frozen. I was able to hang out inside which I thought was pretty cool, it was something I had never done before. I remember telling everybody I was going to sleep there for the night, but being someone who's used to being next to a warm open fire when it is cold I only lasted a few minutes in there. those hikers who can do it are really something.

our overly-energetic dog wrecked it the next day by jumping really hard on the roof, hehe.  oh well, at least it was funny even if he did destroy our cool little thing.

the next and so far last storm was when I was 9, probably about 10 to 15 inches this time. the one notable thing we did that time was make a huge snowball, it was twice as big as I was and probably a hundred times heavier :P the ball of course just set in place after it was too heavy to roll anymore. We did eventually get another idea and made a head to turn it into what you can kind of call a snowman, but due to the size of the body and our lack of ability to lift several hundred pounds the head was sooo tiny compared to the body.. it was definitely way out of proper shape and form..but it was still really cool while it lasted. I think it stuck around for a few months after all the rest of the snow melted, since it was so big. I remember looking out everyday being amazed it was still there, til it eventually disappeared.

but since then.. I have had pretty nothing to note or look back upon. :( maybe 2 to 3 inches at best, but such little amounts can only be so fun, you can make a little mini snowman but that is about it. This year I want to see at least 10 inches! I have no clue what I will do with it all but I can figure out something fun.

I will make a wish every night once winter comes. It has to work!

Offline bertin

• TSC's weeaboo
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 chrome
  • おっとの早苗
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: man I hope we get at least one fun snowstorm this year
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 12:30:07 am »
Come to Florida were it will never snow ever again!

Offline Cutiefox

• Almost acing it...
  • TSC Profile
  • winvista firefox
  • I WILL A-KNOCK YOU OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:00:47 am »
...Or, come to Wisconsin where the snow lasts until March!
Not only that, but 6-8 inches of extra snow every other day!

Offline flyby

• Lurker in the Shadows~
  • TSC Profile
  • winxp chrome
  • Livin' the dream~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:10:08 am »
Where are you from?
:)

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:04:36 am »
Or come to New Mexico where it starts snowing in October/September and you'll still be getting snowstorms when it's the first few day of Spring break!!!
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Offline Selphos

• The Eternally Young Scarlet Moon
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: Sondow
  • win10 firefox
  • TSC's local Touhou nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 07:39:27 pm »
Or come to California, where, like Florida, it will never snow again. >_>

Plus california has less drugs than florida amirite *runs*
The moon is so red. Looks like it's going to be a fun night.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 01:57:11 pm »
You are all WRONG.
MAINE.
We've had snow in JUNE before.  Typically, flurries start in November, then sometime in December we get DUMPED.  Snow remains on the ground in places until sometime in May.  Before that, though, there will almost guaranteed be times with 3+ feet of snow on the ground.
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline Aitamen

• TSC Profile
  • win7 firefox
  • I am a follower of the immortal Dark Falz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 12:44:03 am »
it snowed today, here...  my gf woke me up with "come on, come on, get up... come cuddle with me and watch the snow!!"

in her defense, she is from Hawaii, and this year is the second winter where she'll be around snow.. (last winter we were, but we only got one really good snow, and she was out of town for it)

Also, I really hope it snows on Halloween... my costume would look AWESOME against a black background, and there'd be so many fewer kids to litter my path of candy-getting...

yes, I'm 19 and still trick-or-treat...
Year 33 — The Malkavians claim that their greatest practical joke happened during this year, when they perform a bit of graverobbing  in Jerusalem.
-- Vampire: The Masquerade

Print

Hits: 302 | Hits This Month: 1 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.05 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.