don't click here

MK vs AHHHetc (edited topic name cause it's screwing up the forum)

Print

Author Topic: MK vs AHHHetc (edited topic name cause it's screwing up the forum)  (Read 36349 times)

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • TSC: SkyLights
  • win7 firefox
  • YOU CAN PROBABLY READ MY POSTS BETTER NOW
    • View Profile
COURT IS NOW IN SESSION

MK

YOU HAVE TEXTBANNED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS

REMEMBER http://www.soniccenter.org/forum/index.php?topic=2568.0

I WILL PROTEST THIS BAN IF IT IS NOT REMOVED

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 07:36:02 am by yse »

Offline MK

Fatality.

MK wins.

TSC denizens cheer.
Emeralds:

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • TSC: DarkspinesSonic
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
IT'S NO USE!!!!!
I am the champion of TSC! >:D 

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

I like my speed runs like my steaks...UNFINISHED!!!

Offline MK

In all seriousness I am getting tired of all the spam in the channel as of late. I can understand some silliness on the forums but man, it's getting out of hand. I'd appreciate if people replied seriously from now on.
Emeralds:

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
[something stupid]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:24:27 am by MK »

Championships held:  Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure (DX), Sonic Heroes, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Battle, Sonic Unleashed (ps2/Wii), Sonic Unleashed (ps3/360), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic Colors (Wii), Sonic Rivals, Sonic Generations.

Zero Point Championships held:  Sonic Drift, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Battle, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Offline MK

Re: MK vs Spam
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:26:38 am »
*ahem*
Emeralds:

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
So wait, are you saying -no more- silliness in the forums? :/

Offline MK

Not in serious topics. I mean sometimes there are joke topics or topics where the issue has been resolved. But this one is an issue, about the IRC channel, I'd prefer serious responses /in this topic/ for the time being.
Emeralds:

Offline GerbilSoft

• Architect of the Matrix
  • TSC Profile
  • linux firefox
  • RickRotate'd.
    • View Profile
NO. JUST NO.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:56:29 am by Spinballwizard »

Offline Spinballwizard

• TSC Purist
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • That's enough of that.
    • View Profile
    • WSBW GameCenter
Re: MK vs AHHHHH(shortened for sanity)
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 12:56:13 am »
INTERNET. SRS BSNS.

Really now. I have to take SL's side on the issue on the basis of these logics (no he did not bribe me into this):

1. AHHHHHH...HHHH is not inherently a bad thing if used in moderation. Which I believe it has to an extent. It's not like everyone uses it all the time. It's mostly SkyLights, maybe one or two others, but 95% of the time it's SL. It's a character trait no different from DsS's (Part: *Respawns at last checkpoint*), mike's "I call BS!", Gerbil's rickrolling, Quartz's (* Quartz shoots Dhaos), etc. We all have them. In most cases, we're allowed to use them. Sure, SL's is different in that it is one long "word" that either forces scrolling or wraps into huge blocks of text depending on your client. But it's a trait nonetheless.

That and since it's banned right now CAPSLOCK IS BECOMING A GENERAL PAIN IN THE ASS AND ARGUABLY WORSE THAN THE USE OF AHHHHHHHHH...HHHH!

2. I'm not scrolling up in mirc to see what prompted MK to ban it, but I really don't see how it's constituted as spam. I mean yes at times it is stupid pointless and annoying, but it'd only be really bad if it were mass-repeated, i.e.

<SkyL> AHHHHHHH...HHHHHHH!

Y'know, at short-but-not-short-enough-to-trigger-the-flood-kick interval. Which to my knowledge has only been done once or twice and has been dealt with.

Besides, most textbans are just pointless because there's always a workaround. I'm reminded when "fu" was banned and Gerbil would go around saying things like "f-u" (or similar) until we finally gave in and unbanned it.

Personal opinion: Unban AHHHHH...HHHHHH! and just limit its use. Is it annoying at times? Yes. Will #soniccenter be better without it? Maybe, but it seems like some character was lost. After all, we have to hold up our character*. Otherwise we couldn't do what we do best: pwn everyone else.

* Holding up fancharacters is grounds for furry accusation with trial by biased jury and sentence ranging from mass kix to b&. Or humiliation for life, which if you are a furry you should already have.

Sidenote: Gerbil leave Sonic Shuffle out of this.
<Tails> also "GET BLUE SPHERES" on a black-and-white TV remains the best special stage of all time

<Achlys> wat ave you done!
<Spinballwizard> apparently killed your h key

Offline MK

My purpose is not to ban an arbitrary phrase, as anything can be used as spam and worked around. I was trying to make a point.

"AAAAAA.HH" is used a lot, more than it should. Whole I agree pretty much everyone has a catchphrase here, there's a difference between "I call bs" and a long, long string of Hs.

My purpose is to cut down on the spam. Using caps as some have to 'protest' it is indeed worse and immature.

This isn't a vendetta against SkyL or anyone else, I'm just trying to suggest improvements to the chat and overall communication here, and I wanna see what others think. I'd appreciate if others gave replies as well worded and thought out as SBW's.
Emeralds:

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
I endorse SBW's post. Those are basically my current thoughts plus current rage and sarcastic views. I have always used AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH whenever I felt it necessary and on average, it is used 1-3 times per day in the chatroom. That is about 25% less than rickrolls per day. Though, when the term is discussed, that of course raises the amount of times mentioned per day statistic by quite a bit. I was nicknamed AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH momentarily because people felt like nickchanging to random acronyms and it was a good moment for such a thing.

While I agree pretty much everyone has a catchphrase here, there's a difference between "I call bs" and a long, long string of Hs.
A difference of characters. (I apologize for my use of pun.)

Also, you should also be expecting me to use caps to defend myself when I have a phrase like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It's just the way I am. If you don't like it, then that's okay. Oppressive conduct is only going to make things worse however. It's like building a dam against it all. It's all going to swell up behind it and when the dam breaks, so rushes forth the river.

Though I just want to mention one thing: #sonicSERIOUStalk. We have #sonicfuntalk for round-the-clock non-serious TSC discussion. Why not have #sonicserioustalk for round-the-clock serious TSC discussion?

Offline MK

Now now, as I said, I wasn't going to be oppressive (a dam analogy? XD), I just want to point out that the 'difference of characters' is long and annoying.

Why not have #soniccenter for the serious talk? :(
Emeralds:

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
because serious doesn't happen until midnight.

also I endorse SL's AH...'s.  It isn't annoying, it's just annoying when others copy him right after he's done it.  (i.e. DsS)  Then again, I can scroll up without a problem >_>.
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline MK

I don't see the need to accept spam just because it's not as active; that'll discourage serious discussion if it comes up.
Emeralds:

Offline Shadow Jacky

• -Proprietor of /d/-
  • Broseidon
  • TSC Profile
  • win81 firefox
  • BEHOLD!
    • View Profile
    • I streams when on windows
except when serious discussion does occur, its given its respect...unless its just a huge coincidence :/
my name has nothing to do with Shadow The Hedgehog

Completed Runs:
Sonic Heroes: Team Sonic: SS
Rocket Knight Adventures: Easy (US): SS

In the Future:
Aero The Acrobat (Genesis) | More...

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
I would like to note that AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is not spam; it is a phrase that is used mostly exclusively by me to express my most literal feelings towards a particular subject.

Tikal haters?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sega destroying the Sonic franchise?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The Wii's only real, exciting, exclusive, polished games being Mario Galaxy and Brawl and looking like that won't change anytime soon?

Depressing fanart of Tikal?

MK banning the best way of expressing this feeling?

Whenever I use AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, there is always a reason. I don't just blindly walk into a conversation and start AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHing all over the place and destroying any remains of previous conversation. I use the phrase at key times to express the feeling conveyed in the above.

Offline P.P.A.

What what. That's like banning Royal Rainbow! from quit messages. UNBAN AHHH(...)HHHH!
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Stefan

AHHHH...HHH is not necessarily spam in the worst sense; something will happen that triggers a response from SkyL. Whenever Skyl says AH..HHHH, gerbil would often say "You're doing it wrong". They express the same emotion of "no that's way off ahh". Just because one has more characters doesn't mean it should be banned, while a phrase used more often, with the same meaning (which you attribute to none; you call it spam), goes away.

I agree entirely that caps are far more annoying than AHH..HHHH. PPA is a particular offender of allcaps, but Skyl does that too. I think if any chat/forum habits need reworking it's the constant yelling and eyesores from all caps posts, which often have little substance to them.

Anyway, this is reminding me a bit when you got pissed off because I press return. You said that was degrading the level of chat too. I don't really spam at all, and most of what I add is funny (in my eyes) or serious and insightful. I don't see how pressing enter so I'm able to qualify my statements is a problem. The same way, I don't see how occasionally expressing emotion with a few too many characters degrades the chat either.

Offline EngiNerd

• Most Sarcastic Member of the Year
  • TSC Profile
  • win7 chrome
  • Hydrowhut
    • View Profile
I'm noticing that MK seems to be the only one against this....  I agree with SkyL, the chatroom would be disappointing without it.

Besides, it's boring when it's serious.  <_<
Im in ur TSCz, climin ur chartz!
My presssioussss....

Offline DsSaster

• TSC's KevinTurtle
  • Broseidon
  • win10 chrome
  • HURRY UP DAMMIT!!!!
    • View Profile
Besides, it's boring when it's serious.  <_<

Minus the Antiporcupine wins.  If the chatroom was all seriousness, then I'd lose interest in it fast(that doesn't mean I'd leave though >:D).  Also, AHHH...HHH is not spam, it's an expression.  Banning SkyL's AHHH...HHH is way worse than, let's say, banning my ":D" which I use more frequently(and is seen more frequently) than probably any other thing in chat(except maybe Cherry's ":(", but that's not important >___>).  To take away SkyL's AHHH...HHH is like ripping out his personality, throwing it on the ground and stepping on it!!!  Okay, I'm over exaggerating, but still...unban the AHHH...HHH plz. :(

Offline P.P.A.

I agree entirely that caps are far more annoying than AHH..HHHH. PPA is a particular offender of allcaps, but Skyl does that too. I think if any chat/forum habits need reworking it's the constant yelling and eyesores from all caps posts, which often have little substance to them.
* P.P.A. coughs nervously.
THESE IMAGES CONFISCATED FOR EVIDENCE

My YouTube profile. Lots of Sonic speedruns~

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
Re: MK vs AHHHetc (edited topic name cause it's screwing up the forum)
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 12:13:05 pm »

DO WE REALLY NEED TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 12:47:07 pm »
SkyL said earlier that his "intent" wasn't to spam the forum with his unique expression.

I would like to remind y'all that people do things they don't intend all the time, but that doesn't undo the consequences. When you make that expression, it damps out everyone else's opinions; not just visually, by flooding the screen, but also by diverting the attention away from whatever topic is at hand to dealing with the expression. The topic then shifts to whether or not SkyL's "AHH...H" should be banned or not.

We don't have a problem with having a unique expression; we have a problem with expressions that make the chatroom look like it's full of seven-year-olds arguing over said expression.

If almost every time you say that phrase you incite no emotions other than anger in your audience, then why bother saying it? What makes it different than a FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOding scream?

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2008, 01:46:01 pm »
If almost every time you say that phrase you incite no emotions other than anger in your audience
noob

taking me seriously when i'm in the mood is the worst mistake you can possibly make when it comes to the true understanding of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i mean

if we go back to the previous example for the uses of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tikal haters?

Sega destroying the Sonic franchise?

The Wii's only real, exciting, exclusive, polished games being Mario Galaxy and Brawl and looking like that won't change anytime soon?

Depressing fanart of Tikal?

MK banning the best way of expressing this feeling?

are these at all serious things

things that are going to change the world and truly require such energy to display the feeling of anger towards

you could argue that the last example is "proof that i'm being a hypocrite" and that AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is not at all a serious thing and therefore not worth fighting for. except for the part that the context it is being used in is not at all serious, and me fighting for my right to use AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH is, infact, serious.

now i have an idea of why it was banned

i decided since i was tired and i hadn't invoked the power of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in a few days, that i would twist the usage and say goodnight with it.

Code: [Select]
* Ash_ (chatzilla@SCnet-9BA6343E.nwrknj.east.verizon.net) has joined #soniccenter
<Ash_> ow
<MK> is dat sum ban evasion thar
<GerbilSoft> i did the same thing with 7z
* Spinballwizard practice EH1
<MK> or was it removed
<Ash_> pingtimeout
<Ash_> i dont know
<Ash_> i autojoined lul
<MK> yeah well behave
* Ash_ is now known as Ash
<Ash> okay
<Ash> ^__^
<Spinballwizard> oh yeah that's what sucks about chatzilla, I can't view the b& list
<Upth> MK: I unbanned him
<Rolken> pity
<GerbilSoft> also
<GerbilSoft> use of the EXE is more license-friendly
<Upth> Under the assumption that you'll keep him in line
<GerbilSoft> since DLL linking can cause issues, but running an exe doesn't
<GerbilSoft> :D
<SkyL> THE SKY IS DARK, MY SOUL IS GALLANT. THE WORD I BARK, TASTES SO VALIANT
<GerbilSoft> so now, gens/gs supports zip, gzip, rar, and 7z
<Upth> "supports"
<GerbilSoft> plus multi-file support for zip, rar, and 7z
<SkyL> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
<SkyL> HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
<GerbilSoft> yeah yeah

1. the "serious" conversation clearly continued, uninterrupted, as per usual use of the saying. to say that because of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH all intellegent speak was completely derailed into oblivion and people afterwards henceforth started living in caves and eating dinosaur bones is completely inaccurate. infact the serious-speak wasn't even being serious at the time of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH; upth was cracking a joke on gerbil.

2. i barely say AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH anymore. you know games like manhunt 2 or killer 7? how people only cared about them because of the massive drama behind them? think about it. people will start using it illegally more often thanks to your commendable effort of banning it again. you brought it into their minds that this is the wrong thing to do, and therefore, since i think absolutely wrong to try to tell me what to say and how to act, i will do quite the opposite of respecting your decision to ban AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. if you had just ignored it like everyone else -always- does, then it may have been mere weeks until it was fully replaced by a newer, less volatile version, that takes 3 lines and only one goes most of the way to the end of the screen. but now, since you reminded me of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, it seems like i will have to just use that as often as possible now.

i leave you with the two possible outcomes of this:

1. unban AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and i will forget this ever happened.
2. you will hate me enough that you will end up banning me from #soniccenter due to the fact that you take me way too seriously, and you are under the illusion that #soniccenter is a reservoir for all intelligent beings on the planet, and that cleansing us infidels is the only way to keep the waters pure.

Offline SpinDashMaster

• Dime Turner
  • Architect emeritus
  • TSC Profile
  • win10 chrome
  • Sonic 2 Racer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2008, 03:11:37 pm »
Not that #soniccenter is a "reservoir for intelligent beings," That wasn't my point at all.

It just makes you look stupid.

Also I'm sure there was a point you had in there somewhere, but I can't be arsed to sort it out.

Offline Magnezone

• Broseidon
  • win7 firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2008, 03:30:48 pm »
8)

i am in such an excellent mood now. i feel so smart now!!! thanks sdm!!!

Offline Stefan

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2008, 10:39:27 pm »
So the points are more concise for those who won't bother to infer them themselves:

a.) SkyL's catchphrase did not detract from the seriousness of the conversation is this particular infraction, nor did it, in itself, create an argument derailing tsc into a catchphrase arguefest.
b.) Skyl's catchphrase is used in enough moderation that it could hardly be constituted as spam. Relatedly, he compared the prohibition of his catchphrase to the prohibition of violent video games. He believes people will only focus on the controversy of the material at hand once censored, and that censoring the catchphrase was the worst thing to do to make it unpopular.

Once again, I'm only reposting because you "can't be arsed" to find them yourself!

EDIT: I've been informed it was a joke. Screw you.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:45:39 pm by Stefan »

Offline Azure

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 09:05:46 am »
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

is boss.

Print

Hits: 626 | Hits This Month: 3 | DB Calls: 8 | Mem Usage: 1.27 MB | Time: 0.11s | Printable

The Sonic Center v3.9
Copyright 2003-2011 by The Sonic Center Team.